Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 days post op and food dreams

Hi all

I have finally joined y'all on the losers bench.

I am having serious food dreams. My surgery was wednesday, I had nothing by mouth yesterday and some small sips today.

My last solid food was a week ago yesterday.

Getting these really hard,crampy hungry feelings from my stomach.

I get to go on Clear liquids tommorrow and 'full' liquids on sunday

including pudding and yogurt.

I am SO ready!

I keep ending up on the food channel today on tv, watching shows about 17inch long burritos and 3 lb cinnamon rolls...:)

I guess full liquids for 10 days and then soft foods after that.

Glad to hear my june sleeve sisters are doing well.

Lisa

That is so funny, I hardly ever watch TV, but the first few days home, I watched the food channel non stop. What's up with that? LOL Truly, I think enough time on liquids could make anyone obsess about food. Full liquids will help. Glad you're home. Best wishes on your continued recovery.

OMG!! I understand completely how you feel. I'm 10 days post op and I haven't stopped watching food Network, Man vs. Food and the Cooking channel since I've been home. I feel almost like I'm addicted. I keep thinking of all these yummy recipes I want to try and even cut off a lable from my cream of chicken Soup that had a delicious recipe for chicken breast and sundried tomatoes. And I hate cooking! It's so crazy. I finally had to have a nice long talk with myself and get control. This stage is so strange, challenging, and fustrating. I equate it to suddenly having a celibate relationship with an old lover.

How funny..yep,. for me yesterday it was a marathon of man vs food! lol

I find that show amusing at times, but yesterday it was positiviely magnetizing.

Hoping to eat some of those yummy foods in a couple of weeks here!

celibate relationship with an old lover..that is funny, but a perfect comparison!

Lisa

food dreams, that must be horrible.....change the channel and try to see something different, do not torture yourself, or better yet turn off the tv and take a walk, do exercise, go to the gym, etc etc. goodluck:thumbup1: