Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At a stall need help please!!

Ok so im going to be honest the nut I was asigned to is a dip shit and she hasnt given me any helpful advise!!! I am at a stall havent lost anything in almost 2 weeks!! I never feel hungry so when i do eat its mostly because i know i need somthing to get me through the day!! So my question is how much of each cal,prot,carbs should i get in a day??? i am 5'6 and currently 243lbs?? any advise to hold me over until i can get a new nut/diet ??thanks!!

It seems like there are as many diet plans for VSG as there are surgeons. What stage are you at? I'm going to answer for "regular" eating phase.

• 60-80 grams of Protein a day
  • No more than 45 carbs per day (others swear on here that it should be 30 or less)
  • Calories - early out 600, then 800. At almost 5 months out, I'm between 800-900 a day now.
  • 64+ ounces of caffeine-free/calorie-free liquids daily

No drinking 30-45 minutes after eating. Eat Protein first, then veggies and fruit. If you have room, a little bit of carbs is ok.

At five months out, I can eat about 3 ounces of protein, about 1/8 cup of veggies, and maybe a spoonful of rice or mashed potato.

Hope that helps. Good luck in finding a new nut to help out. Don't worry too much about the stall (easier said than done, I know) ... but they are fairly common. Did you take measurements when you started? If so, take them again while in a stall - you will be surprised to find that you are probably losing inches even though the scale isn't moving.

This link will give you calorie counts, etc and some meal plans. Hope it helps!

http://www.cornellweightlosssurgery.org/pdf/dietary_guidelines_sleeve_gastrectomy.pdf

I had to shake things up a bit at times. Either added calories or went back to Protein Shakes only for a few days. Seemed to work.

It does get frustrating but hang in there ~ you can't help but lose with so few calories. The body is just adjusting and storing for winter : )

And ITA with Mini! The measurements are very encouraging or pay attention to your clothes. Even tho my weight loss is on a lower level than some, I have been going thru sizes like crazy.

Hello mommy4, I am exactly where you are 240lbs. and 15 days post-op and I have hit a stall already. Like everyone else I have read about this problem, I keep hearing to up the Protein, but it is hard to get all the mess down at times. I feel like I am spending my whole day trying to put food in that I do not want and drink these awful Protein Drinks. I am going to try all protein tomorrow. Tell ya how it goes

after day 14 I didnt see scale move until around day 22 but the last 6 days I have lost 4 more pounds.

The guidelines Mini gave you are pretty much the gold standard. I really also like the resources that you can get at the cornell link that pnw posted. If you are still wanting to work with a NUT you will want to find someone who is specifically trained for bariatric patients. We are a different bread and not all medical prof are trained to deal with us. I have read of others who met with NUT's that did not have this as an area of expertise and put them on 1500 calorie a day diets, which is dandy for a typical person trying to lose weight, but not for those of us with dainty stomachs.

Best of luck and hopefully you can find the eating plan that works best for you and that the scale will keep on moving!

Ok so im going to be honest the nut I was asigned to is a dip shit and she hasnt given me any helpful advise!!! I am at a stall havent lost anything in almost 2 weeks!!

Hey Mommy4,

I am with you all the way, I have spoken to mine once and she gave me nothing!!! She was supposed to send me info and an appoinment to see her but, guess what.... nothing!! I am 10 weeks out today!!

I have had fairly regular contact with my nurse who is helpful to a degree... I am in a similar position, as in I seem to lose a pound or so, then nothing for a week or two, then a pound or so ... etc, you can see a pattern forming!

But I agree with the measurement thing, I lose inches when I lose no weight! It is encouraging ...

I find this site priceless, I have a little look every day and it helps keeps my spirits up when I am feeling down or frustrated... it is just nice to see that there are many of us feeling the same way!