Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Meeting with nutrionist tomorrow AM

Then with the trainer at the gym Sunday.

I will get this worked out.

I feel like bleaching my hair and cutting it Army short and spiking it straight up. Then wearing a shirt with big block letters that read: STOP THE INSANITY

I loose 4 pounds, then bounce back up 3. This entire month I have done nothing but work my a$$ off to MAINTIAN a 23 pound weight loss.

I see that as failure because I could have lost weight this month. It was a wasted month. So I am a month behind schedual, and thus goal.:cry

I should be able to see a pound to two pound a week loss according to everything I was told before surgery and the way I have been handeling everything (diet/exercise) since surgery.

Sign me,

Susan Powter

You have a 23 lb loss!!! You are doing wonderful so far. Have you had a fill yet? The first one doesnt doesnt always make much difference, have some patience....the weight loss WILL resume. Keep your chin up in the mean time!

PLEASE be careful about giving yourself timelimits on goals. No one knows how they are going to lose, or what might get in their way, so it can just create disappointment.

Besides, you lost 23lbs very quickly, the body needs time to catch up to that stuff. Remember that the average is 1 to 2 lbs per week, which means that you might lose more than that some weeks and none at all other weeks.

Let us know what the nutritionist and the trainer say!

Meeting with the nutritionist went like this:

Melanie: Eat more.

I didn't cry, tho I wanted too.

I didn't argue, tho I wanted too.

I am going to try to ease up to her way of thinking.

She did show me that while I am doing great on my Protein and Water consumption, I am getting too many fats in.

Fat is determined to be a part of my life. Well, NOT ANYMORE!!

So these are the numbers my nutrionist stands behind; for a 1500 calorie a day diet:

Water 84oz

Calories: 1500 grams

Carbs: 180 grams

Fat: Less then 30 grams

Protein: 60 to 80 grams

Your body can handle 2400 mgs of sodium a day - unless you suffer from water retention - however you body will wash out the sodium and I am drinking plenty of water so she said the beef Jerky was OK - but I am still going to lay off of it as I was seeing the weight flunctuation on the scale due to the beef jerky and thus sodium. And we all know what that did to me. CRAZIES settled in !!!!

She said my working out (an hour a day, burning 300 plus calories -- is starving my body as my only eating 700 to 1000 calories a day is as well)

She told me to drink gatorade before a work out, and to eat a high caloric snack before a workout. (gatorade and a pear as an idea, b/c anything more would send me into mental break down at this time)

I think I should be seeing a steady 1 to 2 pound weight loss a week, and so far have been fighting to maintain a 24 pound weight loss. Which is what is causing me the crazies.

I do want to say this and be heard loudly: I AM DOING THIS ON MY OWN >>>> NO RESTRICTION.

I meet with my doctor June 8th for a second fill, and the first fill was supposedly 1cc. He had trouble as the needle kept slipping off the head of the port, and he had to ask the nurse for the saline so he could re-fill the needle. So I question if any even made it into my band.

We'll see how this one goes, as most have read in the past week, I called and spoke to him on the phone and he said he would see me last week for a fill and I decided to wait until my scedualed appt and continue to get my workout and diet on track.

Let's pray this fill is more aggresive and successfull.

I do find myself filling up on water when I am hungry.

AND guess what!?!?!?! She said I could have a Starbuck's NON-FAT Caramel Frapp - and they are WONDERFUL!!! She said ti have it right before my work out as a high caloric snack. (Brain freeze as the Starbucks is right beside 24 hour fitness and I am usually in a hurry to get in there and work out and get home to do dinner!!!!)

Meet with the trainer Monday pm - make sure I am doing the right workout, as of this time I am over doing it.

BTW - let me tell you what damage I have done to myself in the past month. My metabolism was a +11 and I slowed it down to a -7. That ain't good folks.

I just want to make it to Onderland. 22 pounds to Onderland, and I will settle down a little. A little.

-Melanie