Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low calorie protein powder

Well, I checked ExtraFoods (superstore) and Shoppers for that Beneprotein... but nothing. So I doubt we have it here (yet). I did see that Kiwi-strawberry stuff at ExtraFoods, but it was like $30 or 40! I was tempted though! I'm holding out for clear, tasteless stuff. Maybe I'll break down and order some from the states. I think I saw somewhere that sells samples.... hopefully I can try it out (isopure) before I buy.

Buffie, I'm doing pretty good. I'm finally losing again, after a stupid 3 week stall. I am feeling super duper, and kinda like I could do with another fill, but I'll hold out as long as I can!

I love the Unjury products. Low calorie and not thick or gritty. There is also an unflavored unjury that mixes well into things like crystal light, pudding, milk, juice, Soups, etc. There are also travel packets that you can keep in your purse.

ahh.. yes... but the problem is finding them in Canada.

I went to the unjury website, cause I think that's what I was looking for, not Isopure. They sell samples, but I'm just waiting to get a reply to my email asking if they'll ship to Canada, cause it doesn't seem like they do, in the website.

Well, I checked ExtraFoods (superstore) and Shoppers for that Beneprotein... but nothing. So I doubt we have it here (yet). I did see that Kiwi-strawberry stuff at ExtraFoods, but it was like $30 or 40! I was tempted though! I'm holding out for clear, tasteless stuff. Maybe I'll break down and order some from the states. I think I saw somewhere that sells samples.... hopefully I can try it out (isopure) before I buy.

Buffie, I'm doing pretty good. I'm finally losing again, after a stupid 3 week stall. I am feeling super duper, and kinda like I could do with another fill, but I'll hold out as long as I can!

I'm looking for clear stuff as well, I have a hard time with the other stuff. Let me know if you find anything.

Mandi, do you feel restriction? How much, and what, are you eating now?

I will let you know!

Well... I don't know. I guess I feel some restriction... I'm not eating all that much less now than I was prior to my fill though.

Some things I've recently eaten:

- last night, a hotdog, complete with bun... not sure what I was thinking... I took 2, but could only finish one

- one broccoli/cheese stuffed chicken breast

- 2 large chicken fingers

- an average Cereal bowl sized portion of noodles and sauce (like 'Sidekicks') (1.5 cups maybe?)

- 2 pieces of pizza (when I normally would have at least 4!)

- 1 cup of Cereal, and about a cup of skim milk

- a 6" sub from Subway. Used to always get a 12"... 6" is good enough for me now though.

as you can tell... I'm not exactly dieting! I eat what I want, try to pick the healthier options, when I can... and I just less of it. As long as I keep losing, I'm going to continue to do so. I just make sure I get the Protein in first (when I can), and I usually don't have room for anything after that.

Yeah, I e-mailed powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury a while back & asked if they shipped to Canada and got no reply; so I guess that WAS my reply! lol

If you buy a big tub of prot. powder at GNC...ask first if you can bring it back if you don't like it. The lady who worked where I bought mine said that would be no problem.

That's unusual that they'd let you do that... but nice!

I'll keep that in mind... if I ever live somewhere (or closer to) that has a GNC! My local health food/nutrition/vitamin/bulk food store has not too much to chose from, and the only other option would be what I can find at the grocery store or pharmacies... or hopefully unjury if they ever reply to ME!

I was about to say that the Unjury seemed pretty reasonably priced, but now that I read it more carefully... it's $17 (US) for "15 scoops".. so even at only 2 scoops a day (40g protein), that would only last a week. I don't really care to spend $20 a week. Dang. Hmmm.... maybe I'll have to find something else. I just might try that Kiwi-strawberry thingy!

I was told by my surgeon to stay away from any powder drink mixes.He said it will clog your band. My Dr is Felix Spigel he's great. From reading this I see alot of people use powders. Most of his patients drink Atkins Advantage shakes and Slim-Fast low carb shakes, you get 20 grams of Protein in each drink.It has been recommended that we get 60 grams of protein a day so I have a shake in the morning and eat two meals with at least 3 oz of protein fish, chicken, or beef.

I was told by my surgeon to stay away from any powder drink mixes.He said it will clog your band. /quote]

That is very odd and I find it actually ridiculous! A liquid drink made from powder will NOT clog anything! Ummmm, the powder is completely diluted in the liquid and is no longer powder. It has no "extra" substance in it; it is like drinking Water. We're not chowing down on the powder itself!!! Of course, you have to mix it/shake it etc...!!!! No what I mean, jelly bean?

I agree... if you really were told that, I think it's pretty ridiculous too.

Weird, cause I think I've heard lots of good about Dr. Spiegel!

Ok, so unjury got back to me. ( www.unjury.com )

They do ship to Canada (may get 'busted' at customs and have to pay taxes though) ... For the 5 samples of unflavoured Protein powders, it would be 5 x $1.75 and then $2.95 for shipping (US).

It's a pain to order from them though (because their order form won't accept any Canadian info (like province or postal code))... but if anyone wants to know what the process it, let me know.

Maybe I'll try it out.

I'll order some samples and report back on how they are! I'm moving soon, so I'll order them some time at the end of the month. Til then, maybe some Dyna whey from the Superstore!

Ok, so unjury got back to me. ( www.unjury.com )

They do ship to Canada (may get 'busted' at customs and have to pay taxes though) ... For the 5 samples of unflavoured Protein powders, it would be 5 x $1.75 and then $2.95 for shipping (US).

It's a pain to order from them though (because their order form won't accept any Canadian info (like province or postal code))... but if anyone wants to know what the process it, let me know.

Maybe I'll try it out.

I'll order some samples and report back on how they are! I'm moving soon, so I'll order them some time at the end of the month. Til then, maybe some Dyna whey from the Superstore!

Let me know how it goes with that, if they're good I'll order some too. Where are you moving?

New Brunswick! Just kinda finally decided a couple weeks ago. I'll be driving... so that should be quite an adventure!

New Brunswick! Just kinda finally decided a couple weeks ago. I'll be driving... so that should be quite an adventure!

Wow..that's awesome. Good luck with your move! That will be quite a change from SK, I'd love to live on the coast.

Mandi,

I just ordered (on the phone) some of the unflavored powder from unjury and samples of the other flavors, I'll let you know how they taste. They said that the unflavored is the best because you can mix it with anything and it's tasteless and smooth, and that it is the most popular flavour for their WLS patients. They will ship to Canada (shipping charge is $12) and it takes about a week.

Talk to you later.