Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Soo... I've asked myself over and over again and I find no reason as to why I eat... I'm not bored, stressed, nothing. I'm a happy person most of the time... I realize that when I eat it's beucase the food is in front of me and if it looks good I'll eat it even if im not hungry!...so what do we call this??? No will power.. i dont know but Im scared that after I get my surgery I'll go back to my NO will power...I mean.. I do have SOME will power...I mean I lost 50 pounds since january..but If I see food in front of me I'll eat it most of the time....also... I get sooo lazy to exercise! with working 12 hrs a day! seriously I know it's super importatn and that I have to do it how do all of you make yourself exercise??!?!?

I really suck at exercising at this point. I was gung ho for several months, but fell off the bandwagon in February, and just can't get going again.

As for the eating, I think I ate when I was bored as well. To me, that sounds like what you are describing. I can say the first few months after surgery I didn't have room for just any extra food. Now, at a year out, it's different. I've caught myself one time eating a slice of cold pizza at 9:30. Why? I have no idea other than it sounded good, and it tasted good when I had my 1 slice for dinner at 6:30pm. I am never hungry so I can't use that excuse.

Now, when I find myself hovering (this is what I call it when I blankly stare into the pantry or fridge) I try to replace that habit with something else. Even if that means going and cleaning my bathroom or sweeping my kitchen floor. I just find something to occupy that head space for those few minutes and the desire to put something useless in my mouth goes away. I learned through this entire process that food is fuel. My body tells me when I need to eat. I don't need all that crap, and I have to remind myself of that little fact. Wanting and needing are 2 very different things. It's being able to fight the wants and feed the need only that proves difficult sometimes.

Jenn

I can identify with your post - I eat out of habit, being bought up in a family where you had 3 meals a day at certain times... eat everything on your plate. Its very hard to get out of the habits instilled into us as kids.

My worst times were after lunch... sometimes I would go without Breakfast and be fine, but once I started then I found it hard not to graze all afternoon.

Within such a short space of time my head has totally got round this.... probably due to the surgery, but I don't feel hungry now, and hopefully wont! lol..... but even on my pre op diet I didn't have a problem with wanting to cheat.... I was 100% with it, which then gave me the best start I could give it.

As far as the exercise is concerned i do think the more you see thew weight coming off the more likely you are to want to exercise, the more energy you will have as well. Plus as Tiff says its a way of avoiding the food....do anything else you can, clean the house, put on a exercise dvd, walk the dog - or borrow one!

If you want it enough then you can work the tool of the sleeve and make it work for you.

Kathy

You may also find this website useful to help identify yourself.....Intuitive Eating....

It was recommended to me by someone on here, and I have found where my issues with food are through the book.

Good luck