Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 1 - Should I stay another day?

One day down. I ate my first popcicle for Breakfast, so far so good. Most of the shoulder pain is gone, just a little sore. Just did three laps in the hall. Now I can't decide whether to stay another day or go home . I havetwo teenagers ,two dogs, and a hubby at home, but I like the quiet here at the hospital :)

Knock on wood, it has been great so far. I am a BIG BABY when it comes to pain, but this has not been bad. Achy, but no bad pain. The worst pain had was from my IV.

For all of you waiting in the wings, I hope you have it as easy as I did.:blink:

Congrats on your surgery!! When I got mine done I had to stay 2 nights 3 days. My doctor said it was because the 1st few days are most important and they wanted to track my progress. So see how you feel..If your insurance covers another night I would stay....Congrats again and good luck!!

Some say that Day 2 is worse than Day 1. If you can stay and have someone monitor you & help with pain meds as well as your walking schedule, I say go for it!

Congrats!

I definitely thought day 2 was worse than day 1, so I would stay there for sure. I came home day 2 and wished I would have stayed at the hospital!

Glad to hear it went well and you're doing ok. If covered by insurance then I would stay for sure! I'm due to be in for 3 days 2 nights if i can get my liquids in, otherwise they will keep me in another night to make sure.

Enjoy the peace and quiet, you'll probably end up doing too much too soon if you go home.

Good luck with the rest of your recovery

Kathy

i went home on day 2, but if you think you will get more rest then stay and baby yourself.

Like everybody says... its a question of insurance. But... if it will cover... staying would be a nice way to take care of yourself. I was in for two days and really love not having the pressure of having to drin because I knew my IV wouod keep me hydrated. I also loved loved loved the hospital bed. It was hard to day flat at first and my first night in a flat bed was a little restless.

Well, I decided to go home. Last night was a little rough in my bed - it is high off the ground and I am side sleeper, so I kept trying to roll over on my side. Already up and sip, sip, sipping. Took my dogs (little guys) for a very short walk (about down 3 houses and back). Other than the shoulder pain, and the abdominal discomfort, doing well.

Glad to hear your doing well. It gets better every day!!!!