Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

I'M BACK FROM MY FILL and some shopping lol....

So as I said, my doc doesn't numb or use numbing spray. He had me lay on a table and push my stomach up. He counted to three and in it went! No too bad- it hurt more to have him push down on my stomach to find my port than to put the needle in. I felt the POP as he found my port on the first try. I felt a tightness in my chest/stomach area, and then... he made me SIT UP with the needle in! He told me he put in a LOT and he wanted to make sure I could drink while the needle was in. I drank some Water and it went down.

He left me with an aggressive 2ccs in my 4cc band because I am doing to NYC in a week for school and am not sure when I can come back due to classes. He knew that and he told me to call him if I had any problems. I REALLY feel restricted, but I can still drink and am not having too many problems drinking either. I finally know what its like to have the band!

When he took the needle out, it popped again! weird! Then I was done. Not too bad, not too painful- more like a nuisance. Then it was my Mom's turn for 1.5ccs in her band.

I feel different now... I had down liquids all day today because of the fill and I didn't drink 3 hours before the appt, and was really hungy, then I wasn't hungry after the fill! whew feels good to feel full!

btw the nutritionist said that when I ate a half of a crabcake, I was eating too much. OMG I can't believe I have to eat less food than that! But if I need to eat less, I will. This weight will come off! grrr!

Good luck to everyone with their upcoming fills! Its not that bad and lasts just about 5 -10minutes.

I'm actually a bandster now! I actually feel like I have a band and I can finally use it as a tool. BYE BYE POUNDS!

Thanks KariK ;) I was soo nervous but it wasn't as bad as I thought.. I hate needles so I just didnt look until i had to sit up. But I saw my mom with the needle in her. the Doc says that by the time we're finished, I'll love needles... I beg to differ lol.

I was banded on July 17. I am going in on September 5th for a fill and I am really nervous. I am hope mine goes as smoothly as yours

Congrats on everything going so smoothly Leona! I can't wait til Thursday when I get mine filled. If she said 1/2 of a crab cake was too much, then I've been having too much, too! I can't wait to be official like you!! Way to go!

Leona,

Congrats on your fill. I'm glad he hit yours first time, after 3 times mine finally took me to fluro and then hit it after the 3 stabs, no fun. I only got 1.5 but I wanted 2.0 but I that was a week ago and he said I could have another boost next week, we'll see.

I just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday since tomorrow is the big day and I didn't want to forget, so "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"

My son just turned 19 today. Now, I'm off to find him a wife. LOL

If she said 1/2 of a crab cake was too much, then I've been having too much, too!

Thanks everyone for your support! I couldn't believe that the 1/2 crab cake was too much and for like 10 minutes I mourned food again. AHH! But I love this feeling of fullness now, and I don't think I can eat 1/2 crab cake anymore!

I leave for NYC next Monday, so I hope to make sure I can take down solids before I go. I thought that when I go our for Orientation or something with the new students, I could order food and take half of it home. Now I think I'll need to eat off their plates and give them a few bucks lol. I just need to be careful and not get too excited.

I have a question though: Was anyone on Depo Provera before surgery? I came off of it (I got my last 3 month shot in February) and still haven't started my period yet. I wonder if my band still tightens once a month if I don't have a period? I hope not. and I hope to get on some more "No period pills" soon because mine are too painful. But I haven't lost too much weight, so I know I haven't upset my system yet... but was just wondering if anyone had been on it, and come off for surgery, and how they were doing?

Thanks and thanks for the BDAY wish! Happy bday to your son! So he's 19, huh... where are you again ? I'll be 22! lol just kidding!:clap2:

I had Depo for only 1 cycle and did not like it. I gained alot of weight on it. I do remember though that it took a long time for me to get my period back and have it regular.. so I wouldn't fret.. It will come and you will be like, DAMN! lol

I go for my fill Friday. Not really nervous about it but looking forward to some restriction. I don't really have any now. But I am still measureing and using ALOT of self control which I didn't think I even had!

DonnaMarie ;)

thanks Donna... I was on Depo for 2 years and 3 months, so I guess it will take a while, but I shouldn't complain lol!

Congrats on your will-power! The fill will really help so good luck with that as well!

I haven't had a sliming experience yet but the way a friend of mine described it to me is this: Like when you have the flu and are about to throw up you start salivating. Its like your body thinks something is 'stuck' and needs to come out by way of throwing up or PBing (productive burping) so you start making a bunch of saliva/ mucus to help it out. l

LOL btw I know im not JMO, hope you don't mind me answering that question JMO.

JMO - What is sliming???!!

Hello. It's been a long while since i've posted anything. I'm just doing okay. Wow they weren't kidding when they said i might get fustrated with the slow weight loss. I know not to expect the fast weight lose like gastric bypass patients have but i guess i just wanted to notice results faster. Isn't it weird how everyone says they can see it but you don't. I bet one day i'll be down 50lbs and still wondering why i can't see it. sounds silly huh?!

Well, i'm doing fine with the band. I haven't had a fill yet but i am scheduled to have one soon. I currently feel like i can eat like i normally can. I'm just making better positions and eating slowing along with chewing my food very very very very well.

I plan to go back and read all the posting i've missed. I hope there is alot of 1st fill experiences. I'm sort of nervous but i suppose i am ready.

I will also be starting a new job on the 28th too. So i expect things to get pretty stressful. I don't have food to turn to so hopefully i'll find an healthy alternative to cope.

Well, just checking in because its been awhile since i logged on.

I wish you all luck in your journeys and weight lose.

Hi Everyone:

I just HAD to share this with somebody who would understand so I am posting here. I just got home from my first post-op appointment with my primary care doctor. He was so excited for the first time since my DH and I started with him. His scales show I have lost 41 pounds and I am so happy!!!!!! He could not believe I was really sticking with this thing because trust me, I have tried everything to lose weight like all of you. My blood pressure was too low so he cut that med in half....wahooooooo!!!! :clap2: So, sorry for the bragging but thanks for allowing me a positive vent. So my happy points are: -41 pounds, insulin cut in half, one diabetic med gone, gone and gone and now blood pressure med cut in half. Yea. :)

Ruthie

Banded 7-11-06

Dr. Bertha/St. Clare's Hospital

Dover/New Jersey

"Live your life with exclamation instead of explanations"