Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Beachgirl,

I could walk for 30 minutes or swim ( slowly for both) before I was banded. At the end of my losing I was slow walking 4 to 6 miles a day. About 2 hours. I would put my Ipod and enjoy music or audio books and just get lost in them.

I usually could get my liquids in each day.

I wonder if you should make SURE you get your 1000 to 1100 calories each day. No less. I wonder about that starvation mode in your case.

60 lbs is not a FAILURE.

edie

Well, everyone, after weeks of liquids, and still having some problems with food, I haven't lost ANYTHING!!! I could be happy with liquids and limited food, but for me to be at a standstill...makes me crazy. Okay, I know what to do....Make sure the Protein is enough, calories are enough and EXERCISE!! I wrote a friend of mine who is a trainer to see if she would work with me to get my *** in gear. Haven't heard from her. So, today I will get on my exercise bike and do at least 30 minutes. I will check back later and let you know that I did it!!

Hope you did your exercise Mary!! I'll be checking in lol. you look so great in your new pic!

Well today Im wearing a size 14!!! with not an ounce of stretch. They were a pair of jeans I had tucked away inside my drawer. Unbelievable. lol I forgot how cute my butt could look, its really starting to get there. I mean im not where I want to be but I feel so happy to not be where I was anymore! Yayyyy.

Kari,

A size 14 is great. Are you passing your big clothes on? My bigger freinds really appreciated it. I see them in my old clothes now and think ... wow I used to wear that.

Keep up the good work,

edie

Thanks for the encouragement Edie! Mary, I've been waiting for you to post that you exercised! Hope you are doing well. Write soon, Kari.

Hey guys, just thought Id do a before and after. Its just my face I'll do the whole body soon too. The first is today, the second was a taken a few months before my band.

post-209246-13813135025178_thumb.jpg

post-209246-13813135025546_thumb.jpg

karik

big difference you are looking great

i am finally experiencing what you guys have had since surgery, weight loss. after finally getting the dr. to realize i was not the problem and finding the leak in the port tubing and getting it repaired i am finally losing weight, not fast but at least i am losing pretty steadily. for about 6 months the band was not working because of the leak but since the midddle of march i know what having the band feels like. i am about a 1 pound and a half from losing 40lbs. not much but if i didn't have the band i would have gained 40. i don't know that i would do it again but at least now i can say it does work.

thanks for listening to my ramblings

Kari,

You are gonna be ONE YOUNG HOT MOMMA!

The bigger version of you was beautiful too. I am glad you are taking care of your health. I became diabetic because of my obesity.

edie

Thanks Edie and Susan :) Its so funny it looks like I grew an inch of neck lol.

SUSAN!!!!

40 lbs IS a lot.

Try lifting a 40 lbs bag of dog food and carrying it to the car and into the house. I used to buy 2 40 lbs bags when I had 2 English Bulldogs. They are in doggie heaven now.

I am glad you have restriction now. I'm sure you want to say what if ...

Keep your chin up and your legs moving for at least 15 minutes a day.

edie

Hey everyone, I'm here!! Well, Kari, I have to admit, I did NOT exericise...I'm so lame!! But, I did contact a friend who is a trainer and asked her if she would consider training me and kicking me in the *** to get going. She is a fanatic and I admitted to her that I am lazy about exercise....I am...I'm admitting it. I called her and am waiting for her reply so we can meet and work on a schedule. It will cost me some money, but if I can get in a routine, I think it will help, plus my pool will be wonderful while my mom is here.

Kari: You look great!!! You are beautiful in both pictures, but definitely a difference with the weightloss. Isn't it fun to see the change?

Susan: Congratulations!! You are doing fantastic!!! I agree with Edie's take on that, too, as far as lifting that bag of dog food. If you take measurements, you'll notice that as well as the inches disappear!!

Okay, it's late/early really. I am FINALLY able to eat a little better after going back and forth with being able to, having difficulties and pbing/sliming, doing mostly liquids. Tonight, I actually was able to eat some pizza (thin crust). All is well!!! I was starting to consider getting some fill taken out again, but since all went well tonight, I will hold off and just be very careful about my chewing/bite size, etc.

Okay, TTFN!! Love ya'll!!!

Checking in...it's been about a week.

I've been experiencing a lot of PBing and heartburn...like stuff is stuck and doesn't want to go down, even with drinking a lot of Water to get it to go. I have had to take TUMS a lot. And if I eat too late into the evening, I wake up with reflux...I am wondering if I'm too tight, or if because my TOM is this next week and I have a lot of PMS that that might be why. I've heard of people saying they are tighter during their TOM. If I'm not better by next Wednesday, I'm going to go in for a slight unfill, I think. That would be a first!

Kari you look awesome! You're beautiful!

It's 1:08am, so I'd better head to bed. TTYL!

Thanks Steph! Not to scare you but thats kinda how I ended up being completely swollen shut. Now I'm totally unfilled and its like I can eat just like the old days.. not good lol, but it beats being swelled completely shut. That was hell. I've been so bad in what I've been eating these past few days with graduation parties and all. But tomorrow im going to use self control and get my butt in gear. I have just a little over a week until I turn 30. I just want to be feeling proud of myself and OP that day. I get a fill on the 6th. I want a fill and I don't want a fill lol, its fun to not feel like I have a band. But I know when I have to start wearing my old 'big' clothes I wont think thats fun at all. So I will have my fill, kicking and screaming and hopefully still wearing my size 14's lol. Anyways lol sorry for going on a tangent, hope your pbing and heartburn clear up and you don't end up where I did and now am.

Yep Karik, you are beautiful and your weightloss is wonderful.

Steph, have your doc prescribe you some prevacid, it works wonders. I hope your feeling better soon. Would you all believe that while I was too tight and could only drink I didn't loose a pound for 2 months. Now, although not much it's been 3 weeks since my slight unfill and I can eat any foods now just not much of them and I've lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks. It's amazing how finicky these bands are.

Hope everyone had a safe and wonderful holiday. I'm leaving for Destin Florida in the morning and will be gone for 10 days so everyone take care and keep up the losing. I'm taking my laptop but who knows about reception. Talk to you all later.