Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Sherri I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your son's baby. Most of the time we don't understand why God does the things he does but maybe your son wasn't ready to be a dad yet. My thoughts are with him and his girlfriend as they grief. I think going on a trip for your 25th anniversary is a wonderful idea. I think it will give you and your hubby time to regroup and get things out in the open. What a way to bond with someone when you are all alone on a road trip. Good luck with that. When is that going to be?

Step- I have a friend who had that knee surgery and she did fine. I think you will do well and will soon have all those pounds off. Please remind us again before your surgery date so we can say prayers for you.

Well since I started taking the new medicine (appetite suppressive) I have had so much energy that I have worn out my hubby this weekend. It has been so long since I felt like getting off the couch and go somewhere that he was shocked. We went everywhere. I had a blast bet he had to stay home from work on MOnday to recoop. LOL I think I am actually losing a little weight. Last night I lost my dinner and this morning I lost my Breakfast so I have been taking it easy today. I feel better now though and I have plans to spend the day shopping with my mom tomorrow. I am going to have to get a hobby that keeps me active or my mom and hubby are going to get worn out alot. I thought that I needed a fill but after last night I don't know. I am going to the doctor next week to talk to him about it. Anyway I just wanted you guys to know what is going on with me. I will talk to you all later. Hugs

Hey gang! I did go for a slight unfill today. After spending over a week trying to "work with the fill", I woke up today, tried to drink Water and spit it up. So, I went to a doc here in the dfw area, Dr. Jay (shortened version of his real name). He wasn't in, but his assistant was and gave me a slight unfill. I could actually drink some water after I took my shower (strange how that opened me up some...lol), but still decided to go for the slight unfill to relieve any irritation. Barbara always says it's better not to let it turn into chronic irritation as that can cause bigger issues. I've hit the 50 lb. mark, too. I really want to lose another 15 lbs. by my bandiversary. I also will measure Sat. and see how many inches I've lost, too.

Jane, good to see you back on and Kari, I do think you can hit the 170's. Sherri Jo, sorry for the loss of your grandchild. I am praying for all of you.

Gotta go to bed now. I'm working tomorrow and last week, I felt like a train ran over me after lifting several patients and walking all over the place. Guess that's like I'm exercising, right?? LOL!!!

Hey everyone! I feel so much better and am back in NYC to finish the school year! I went shopping and was able to get into size 16 jeans and 14/16 tops! but I still weigh a TON- 217lbs. I don't get it! I want to be skinny but I still see myself as SUPER FAT... Don't worry- I have a therapist I talk to about it, but its so weird. size 16 doesn't feel as good as I would hope it would... grrrr- I can't wait for the personal trainer to kick my butt- I wanna be a size 10 before I go back to school in September!

Congrats on the 50 lb. mark Mary!! woo hoo! Would have ever believed 2 years ago that you would drop 50 lbs? I remeber when we both got banded talking about reaching that milestone. Awesome job :rolleyes:).

Sherri so sorry about your grandbaby.

Leona! Nice picture! Even though you don't feel smaller you look it. How tall are you? I weigh 184 and I wear a 16 lol. Sheesh you'll be in a size 12 by the time you are at my weight.. no fair lol. You're right there with Mary losing a little over 50 lbs I see, WTG!!!

Congrats all on the progress, just checking in to say hi and that I'm still alive :D

Here is a picture from a few months ago:

chrisjulie.JPG

Hey Karik, I'm 5' 2'' and a half and actually now 214- 14 pounds til onederland!!!

Leona,

We are about in the same place. I'm 5'2 and 213.5-214!! Maybe we'll hit onederland around the same time. You do have age going for you though, as you are 1/2 my age. But, maybe if I "kick my rear in gear" and actually exercise again, I can make it down there by my bandiversary!!!

I'm gonna try to get a 40 lb loss by my bandiversary so I'll finally be under the weight on my drivers license haha... I've hired a personal trainer 3 xs a week and the other 2 days I'll do it on my own - going to the gym 2xs a day for an hour each time. I'm going to the gym before and AFTER work- I'm going kick it up a step and really work at this... On the weekends, I'll be in NYC recording in the studio and doing promotional work for my new rock band! fun fun!

Good luck Mary- You will DEFINITELY lose the 14 lbs by your bandiversary! We'll be in onederland!!! May I ask what size you are- I'm a 16 right now, and it sucks lol

well i been quiet as long as i can i have to tell you guys about my week!!! i can't remember if i have posted about my two passions on this thread they are all my pretty flowers and alll the work i do to keep them pretty and the other one is my babies my westie named daisy and my wire hair terrier named kramer (they filled the empty nest when the kids left home)

well on wednesday i come home to all of my flowers torn to shreds by a hail storm!!! alll my hard work destroyed in a matter of ten minutes!!! and then on thursday my husband called me at work to ask where kramer was of course he was supposed to home either in the house or back yard which is fenced and i have a doggie door so they come and go out whenever they want but it had come another hard rain and the Water had wash a hole under the fence and kramer had escaped and when he gets a taste of freedom he is GONE. so i told them at work i had an emergency and i spent the next 6 hr. looking for the old rascal afte losing my voice from calling him, missing an afternoon of work and ton of tears i finally find him about an eighth of a mile from home.

and then the kids call and tell me they are working this weekend and so no kids for mother's day but i went to dallas and spent the day with them today so i guess i will survive

i had a nice day with them today and i have kram back and eventually i will have pretty flowers again!!!

just had to share

I got a good surprize today. My daughter came in town and we spent the whole day together. She said that she couldn't come on Sunday until late and couldn't stay long which upset me but she surprized me today. I got to spend the whole day shopping, eating (which came back up), getting our hair done, watching a movie and just chatting. It was one of the best mother's day I have had since she moved out to go to school.

I am 5'2 and 214 and I am still in size 20/22. I wish I was in 16's. I did buy a dress this week that was a 18. I was real excited about that. I would also like to be in onederland by my bandanniversary. I am on that new medicine and it keeps me active so I might just make that goal. I go to the doctor this next week to talk to him about why I keep losing my food. I don't want an unfill. My hubby went out tonight and it has been nice to just chill after my busy day with my daughter. I think I am going to go now and enjoy the rest of my quiet evening. Talk to ya'll later. HUgs

Chris: Love that smile!! We were always bugging you about smiling for pictures and there it is!! You look great and continue to inspire me on this journey.

Susan: Wow, you had a lot of "stuff" happening lately. We didn't get hail near Denton, just terrible storms and a "mini tornado". Glad you did spend some time with your kids.

Leona: I am in a 16, too, but I'm not that unhappy as I was pushing a 26 before I started. I wore 22/24 for sure, but was close. Today, I measured and I'm down some more inches, so my total inches lost is now 61....neck to feet. I will exercise today. This extra skin will have to go and I'm hoping will tighten up a bit.

Beth: Sounds like you had a great day with your dd!! That's the kind of day I want, but time is not on my side lately with the end of school stuff, work, more work and all our other activities.

Okay, well, gotta go vote and get some stuff done. I hadn't measured since February, so definitely things slowed down for me with weight/inches, but I'm still shrinking and that's the most important thing, right?? That's what helps me to keep myself encouraged and focused!!!

mary

i didn't realize you were in denton i live in NE texas off of i30 about 100 miles from dallas the kids both graduated from UNT and both live in the Irving area my dd is a librarian(sp??? went blank on that one) for the city of Irving and ds works for verizon

Beth - sounds like you had a wonderful day with your daughter. Way to go on the NSV!! I'm sure it felt good to get that size 18 on!

I have had a long day of doing a lot of nothing...I finished a project someone hired me to make and I entered all my email addresses into my new lap top and now I've been cruising the Internet a bit. Time for me to head to bed.

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!