Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Banded July 21.

This morning I can declare a 50 pound weight loss......:)

Wow, does this ever feel good.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I went to get my nails done last night, and I was seated in front of a full length mirror, you know the ones you usually avoid ever looking into? Well after about 15 minutes, I ventured a peek. Damn if I didn't recognize that person. She looked like me, not a fat lady. What a great realization!

Oh I thought the picture was funny. I think I'm going to start weighing that way myself.

Oh, Steph, so sorry you and your family have the flu. Hope you get well fast. Kids seem to bounce back quicker than we do. Hope your feeling great very soon. I am scheduled to have my flu shot tomorrow afternoon. I didn't reallize I had waited until about the last minute.

Oh guys, this was my first unfill, They took me from 2 cc's to 1.6, so -.4 taken out and it made a huge difference. I can not eat meats again and actually swallow food and haven't had the first getting stuck or pbing or nothing. It feels so much better. Now, I just hope I don't overeat and gain. So far since surgery I've never stayed the same or gained each month, always a loss so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Congrats Paulax! That is a :) superb ;) accomplishment!!!

I also met a goal...I am now in "Twoterville" I kissed "Threetopolis" goodbye and will not be back, not even for a visit! Yeah! July Bandsters! Let's keep it up!

My mom says that my band date is my new Birthday, the day I was reborn as a thinner healthier me!

weight.png

congrats on the nsv's! 50 lbs, onederland, twoterville!

sorry i have been busy and had to read pages of postings to get up to date...sorry about dr. sanchez, what a loss

the pix posted are great! i really need to do that soon.

i can really relate to the problems eating!!! i was pb's a few times a week for almost a month. i went to the dr. yesterday for my 4 month check up and got yelled at! he said if it happens again to call cuz he doesn't want me to hurt myself. so he wanted to find out why and filled my 4 cc band to 1.5cc's. after i chugged the water...up it came!!!twice!!! then he took out .25cc's and up it came again! now i am just over 1 cc a smidge over where i was before we started. so he said to eat slowly and only Protein just to jump start my metabolism so i can lose more weight. he also reminded me that our tummies are the size of a thumb and i am NOT!!!! to eat more than 1/4 cup per meal. we'll see!

is everyone ready for the holiday season? i am soo excited...only 2 weeks left!

dez

Hey guys I went to the doctor today and he said that I was doing good Protein wise but I really needed to satch what I eat. I think I am not making the right choices. No, I know I am not making the right choices. I am going to go to the store tomorrow and try to get some of the things she said to try. The doc said that I had the right amount of resistence so that is good. I can't eat chili con queso anymore though. That doesn't count as protein. My hubby keeps bringing home candy and I keep eating it. I did ask him to put it up so maybe I won't eat it. I am so glad to hear about all of your victories. Keep it up. I hope to get some more weight off before Christmas. I got to get to bed. Talk to ya'll later. Hugs

Checking in - feeling much better today than the past two days...had some stomach flutters at work today, but ate some saltines to make them calm down.

Only 8 more lbs to go until my goal of 250 by Christmas...I really hope I can do it. I have my Christmas party for work tomorrow night. pizza at the local bar & grill...I paid my $5, but will order a salad instead. I don't do pizza anymore...I had it once after my surgery, just the topping, and it did a number on my stomach, so I decided it wasn't worth the agony to eat it anymore.

I had soda for the first time in 6 months this week...I had Sprite because I was sick. And it was SO GOOD and it didn't bother me with the carbonation. I'm not going to start drinking it regularly, though. It's a bad habit I had (Caffiene Free Diet Coke) and I don't want to get back into it again.

Well, I'd better get to bed. Have a great night everyone!

Stephanie,

Great job ! You are doing fantastic. I remember when you just broke 300! Now you are well on your way to breaking 200! Excellent!

I have another fill scheduled for the 16th. I have only lost 8 lbs since my last fill and only 2 of those in the last 7 weeks. I feel really good though, and have to focus on that instead of weightloss at this point. Last weekend the whole family went downhill skiing. Now, mind you, I am an awful skier. I thought I used to be better, but I'm not. Plus, that is really hard work. But, it gave me some really great stories to tell about flopping down the hill, sometimes on my skis, sometimes on my backside. More often than I care to admit, sitting on the side of the hill wondering how I will actually make it down the hill.

Skiing is a lot of work!

Jane - thanks! I'm hoping to hit 250 by Christmas first!

Congrats on going skiing! That's a great physical accomplishment! I can't even go to the grocery store right now. My arthritis in my knees is so bad...I get shots of cortisone in them every two months - exactly every two months because that's the closest he'll let me have it - so this coming Wednesday I'll get relief for about 3 weeks and then it will go downhill again from there.

I'm scrapbooking today - things people have hired me to make for Christmas gifts.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Okay guys I need a BIG favor.

As you probably seen my posts I spent 5 days in the hospital Thanksgiving week with kidney stones. I passed 4 but they thought I still had more. Now, I am one of these people who are scared to death to go to a doctor and if they mention tests I leave there bawling, don't know why just always have. I know it's amazing I made it through a lap band surgery. Well my symptoms came back yesterday with a vengance and I went back to my pcp today and they checked my urine and there was still blood in it. He got me an appt. with a urologist, he didn't mention anything other than kidney stones but I get home and look it up on the internet and after my grandmother losing a piece of her kidney to cancer and my mom having stomach cancer last year and I read on the internet that it could be cancer in some people now all I can do is cry and worry. I have got myself so worked up. My husband told me to not be looking it up because he knows how upset I can get. Now I just know I'm eat up with cancer. Please don't think I'm crazy I'm just scared to death. Please keep me in your prayers as I know I can always count on you guys. Thank you for everything and always being here for each other. Us July'ers rock.

Thank you very much Steph. The doctor seems to think it's more kidney stones but you know me I have to get on the internet and there was like a 7 percent chance it could be cancer in people over 40 and I'm 41 so naturally I think that's me. I wished I wouldn't always think so negative. Thanks for your support.

Sherri I do the same thing. We just have to remember that it is not always us that we read about on the net. If the doctor says that you just have the stones than you JUST have the stones. I think that you would have known by now if it was something else. Try to have a positive outlook on this and not a negative one. Just concentrate on getting the stones passed and try not to worry about anything else. If it means stop reading the net about it then do that too. You are definitely in my prayers. Keep thinking positve and trust God to keep you healthy. Love ya friend!! Hugs

Thank you Beth,

You and Stephanie are always there for us along with everyone else. I believe us July'er's if that's a word are the best. I'm laying off the internet and just going to try to quit thinking about it until my appt. My mother getting stage 3 non-hodkins lymphoma cancer has just rocked my world. I knew to keep things in prespective I guess.

Hey guys its been awhile since my last post but I just wanted to see what everyone has been doing. I got my surgery on July 21st and today i got on the scale and have had a total of 61 pounds lost. It feels sooooooo good to be back on the right track. I still have a long way to go. im at 268. Anyways I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying there holidays. Love ya fellow July friends.