Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Hey, Losers! Y'all are doing great and it is wonderful to see us Julybansters losing.

I am under 235 this morning and THRILLED about that. Looking forward to seeing some 20's soon. My 2.2 fill is realy awesome. May it never loosen up, or at least not too soon. Finally seeing some numbers dropping.

Keep moving and losing everyone....

Hey guys. Did my pictures ever come through? I am at a stand still in my loss but at least it is not a gain. My throat is better and I am going to try to get out and do some exercise this weekend and next week. My doc's office called me and had to cancel my appointment on Thurs. because my doc got food posioning and was sick. I don't know when I will get in now. I hope you all have a nice Friday and a great weekend. Keep posting so we can know how you are doing. Love ya'll.

Congrats Kari, You are doing great! :clap2:

Today is my first day off, except for weekends in 10 weeks! Wow, I don't know how those of you who work year around do it.:)

The pool is closed today, so if I'm gonna go in and work out, I have to do the threadmill, which I also like but the pool is better. Does anyone else find weekends to be harder than the week. During the week I'm so busy I can't think about anything. But on the weekends, I catch up on Tivo'd shows and sleep in late, wake up thinking about food and how i'm going to keep busy.

Plus, the rain is pouring down is sheets here so it is dark and gloomy and just makes me want to laze around.

For me, it has been 122 days since surgery. In that time, I have lost 30 lbs! I have gone from a tight 16 to a loose 12. I can now swim a mile in 50 minutes. I can walk for an hour at 3.4 mph. I wake up in the morning with energy, and sleep well each night. I feel proud of myself, and while I still don't think I look fantastic in the mirror, I am not embarrassed to see my reflection.I am much more confident in myself. I even went to speak to my principal about a new rule he had made for the school that I did not agree with, and while I was not able to get him to change his mind, I did let my voice be heard!

Anyone else, we have been banded for 4 months. What has changed for you?:)

Hi guys,

well done kari and everyone else....onderland; I wonder what that will be like!! I've just arrived in twoterville but have my sights set on onderland...

Jane - its interesting what you were saying about 'your voice being heard' my weightloss has affected me in a different way, I actually asked someone to take a photo of me last week ! I normally hide when the camera comes out, and I find that for the first time since I got it years ago I'm actually LOOKING in my full length mirror!! girls you've probably all have done it in the past, a quick glance at yourself but not a proper look!! now I'm studying my body checking the shape change and its amazing that i'm not frightened of that anymore... I'm also getting more interested in clothes and am not just buying something 'cos it fits!!

heres a question for my Julyster friends, I've had 3ml in a 9ml band 6 weeks ago and although i'm still losing I can eat a lot more now than I could straight after the fill, i'm losing approx 2lbs a week which I know my dietician is happy with but i'm not!! I have had a virus all during that period and havent been able to exercise, do you think the reason i'm not losing more is because of the lack of exercise or should I ask for a little fill? what do you think? I am tight in the morning, but it slackens a lot through the day... I'd appreciate your thoughts on this!

Indianlight: You are doing FANTASTIC!! I think that at this point in your weightloss 2 lbs. a week is still a good weightloss. Remember, losing it at a consistent pace will help with the excess skin, etc. The average weightloss with the band is 1-2 lbs. a week. If you are getting adequate Protein, drinking your Water, and doing everything right and start getting HUNGRY between meals or able to really eat at a meal and your weightloss stops, then I would get a fill. At this point, you seem to be doing fine.

Well, yesterday was a better day for me! I kept my sweet tooth under control I've been struggling with SWEETS. Anyone else? I had some sugar free Jello pudding to help with that.

Yes I have trouble with candy. FInally all the Halloween candy is gone so I am safe now. Maybe that is why I am not losing. I am feeling better so I am getting back to my exercising so maybe I will lose some.

The thing that has changed my life the most it the way I eat. I can't just grab something when I want it. I have to wait until after 30 min of Water and then I can't have water until 30 min later. I also can't eat all that I want. I have to eat small bites and slow slow and chew chew. That is the biggest thing that I have learned since this surgery. But that is a good thing. I am not complaining until I forget and it comes back up or hurts bad in the chest. I am learning though. I guess I have to be more choosey about what I eat too.

Hey did my pictures ever turn out?

:)Hey everyone,

I haven't written in a while. Anyways, I have some questions and need some advice. I was banded on july 10th. i've lost 26 pds (not nearly as much as i wish i could have lost) So, i just found out last night that i am pregnant. this comes as a BIG surprise. especially since we were not trying and i actually know exactly when my ovulation time is (and we did not have intercourse those days) don't get me wrong, i am very excited, i already have 2 kids and have really wanted more. we were just waiting, i was planning on going back into teaching next fall and just finished taking some on line classes for my masters. my question is i have had 2 fills already and am suppose to go for my 3rd next week, should i tell my dr? i still want to get another fill. i really do not want to gain any weight while being pregnant. i gained 60 pds with my daughter and 50 with my soon. is that possible??

well, advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hope everyone is doing well, which it sounds like you are!!:clap2:

lcain25: I DEFINITELY think you should tell your doctor. I don't think you should get another fill, but leave that up to your doctor. You can still do well even being pregnant. You didn't say anything about restriction, but from what I've read before, people either quit getting fills or even have Fluid removed. You want to make sure that the baby and you will be getting the nutrition that you need. It will be important for you doctor to know and for you to have guidance on how many calories, etc. that you NEED...not want...I know that when I had my kids I felt like it have me a license to eat, eat, eat and that wasn't good. I gained most of my weight due to this and having 3 in a row. So, get the guidance you need and take care of yourself and baby!! You will do great!!

I second what Mary says, you definitely don't want to mess up nutrition for your baby. Talk with your doc, get his insight.

How are things going for you Mary? Are you still up in MI?

I just want to thank everyone who took the time to congratulate me on onederland ((big hugs)). I don't tell anyone in my life my weight so it means so much to me to be able to share it with you all and get support and cheers. Thank you.

What has changed for the most since banding is.. I don't worry about getting fatter and fatter anymore. I used to always feel like I needed to start a new diet because I felt so out of control. Then Id lose some weight.. give up... then get what i'd lost back. Id gotten to the point where I was so mad at myself I just wasn't going to diet anymore. But then down deep Id feel so worried that I was going to end up at the point where I would see people on TV, barely able to move, terrible health problems, get cancer (runs in my family baddd), etc. etc. Not to mention I would constantly be thinking about all the cute clothes and fun things I was missing out on. Now I have this great sense of peace about my weight. I don't feel like im waging a losing battle anymore. I see hope, and with that comes a feeling of contentment and excitement for what my future holds. :)

Okay everyone just call me old hardhead. I got my fourth fill last week putting me at 3cc's in the 4 cc's band. I was only losing 1 1/2 pounds a week so he said he would give me a tight one. Well, it's tight. I've pb'd almost everyday this week and can't get hardly anything down. It's also that TOM this whole time so I'm going to give it one more week. What do you all think?

Hope everyone is doing great and losing. Wow, Thanksgiving is just around the corner.

Sherri - That is exactly what happened to me. I have 3cc in my 4cc band and I am tight still. It has been over a month since I got that fill and I still have problems. I debated whether to go get an unfil but I really wanted to lose more weight. I decided to stay with this fill for awhile. I still have problems every once in a while but not as much. I have kind of learned what I can eat and when to stop. I have been drinking milk with my Protein Bar so that it would go down. I need that Protein. Other than that I do eat Cereal with milk just so that I have something in my stomach in the morning and then the rest of the time I just try to eat what I can. I know it is not the healthiest way to eat but it is all I can do for now. I am hoping that the band will loosen up some but it hasn't yet. I think if you want to struggle and try to eat what you can and learn how your body is going to react to food then keep the fill but if you can't eat anything and you need nutrition then go get a little unfill. I know what you are going through and I hope you make the right decision. Good Luck

Hey guys doing great. Feeling much better and no more sore throat. Had a great day today. Church was great and the Cowboys won. That makes a great day for hubby and me. I hope you all have a great week and please write and let us know how you are doing. I am striving to get to onederland by Christmas. I need to exercise more and I will just for you Mary. Belated contrats on getting there already Karlik. Congrats on your pregnacy and yes tell your doctor, Icain. Night all!!!

Thanks Beth for the info,

I think like yourself I'm going to give it a little bit of time. I can still eat some things, especially late in the evening just not many foods and when I use to try to sneak in a sip of Water while I was eating sometimes, I most definitely can't do that now. I'm hoping after losing a few pounds it will get better. Glad to hear your feeling better and yes, I'm a Cowboys diehard myself.

Yes, Congrats Karik, and I hope everyone is doing well.

Hey gang!

I had a fill (2nd) and was wondering if I'd done an overkill. I find that if I have something warm to drink (or eat) like Soup, it loosens up the band enough to get some stuff down without any problem. Have something cold and boy oh boy. Especially in the morning. Anyone else find this to be true?

Have lost 30 pounds so far with another 35-40 to go.

Hi everyone:

It's been a while since I checked in. I'm happy to hear you're all doing well. Congratulations Icain on your happy news.

I'm going for my 4th fill on Thursday. I wasn't scheduled until December but find that I'm hungry between meals and wanting to snack. My weight loss has slowed to 1-2 pounds a week so the doctor said to come in this week.

I've currently lost 58 pounds and am pushing for 60.

LOL I've been in a shopping frenzy and will soon need a 12 step program if I don't stop! It's just so exciting to be able to wear fitted, fashionable clothes. I work for an upscale retailer and can't wait to get into regular sizes. I've always felt cheated that we don't carry plus sizes. So, big women don't want to be hip???? What's with that? Sorry, just a little vent.

Good luck to you all and can't wait to read about your dipping scales!

Stefani

I bet you all thought I was gone :) everyone is doing great.

Just chiming in to say that I've hit 100 pounds today.

November 21 is my 4 month check up with my surgeon.

Keep going guys, you'll make it.