Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Hey Mary :), Good luck with everything in MI. Hope you have some good times with your dad especially. I agree with you, its a real learning process with this band! We'll get it down though, especially with each others support. Take care, hope to chat with you soon, Kari.

Hi all,

Well, I am extremely proud of myself! Although the weight is not coming off like I would like, I have REALLY upped my exercise level.

I am able to swim a mile in the mornings in 45 minutes! I am really excited about this achievement as I used to swim all the time. I have been going at 5:30 am with my huge bag of supplies to get ready for work. I've been getting dressed at the club each morning after swimming. It really isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I roll out of bed and put my swimsuit and sweats on, jump in the car, and drive off. I have to plan my week's wardrobe on Sunday and have everything ready to go,but it is worth it. I have a friend at work who asks me every morning, "did you swim today?" and when I say yes she just gives me this big old smile and says, "good for you, your doing something for yourself." It makes me feel great!

Anyway, just thought I'd share. I know I've toyed with the idea of working out in the morning for years and never done it til now, maybe someone else would like to give it a try!

Aww Jane thats fantastic! Actually its 6 am where I am right now, and I happen to be toying with the idea of jumping on my treadmil right now! MY hubby is sleeping though so...hmmm:heh:

Hey ya'll!! I made it to Michigan. My dad looks pretty good for all he's been/going through. Left my house at 4:00 am!!

Jane: Way to go girl!! I was wondering where you've been. I am still doing my 2x a week workout in the mornings, tai chi, boxing, etc. and yesterday I went for a walk while my son had drum lessons. Figured, I would make use of the 30 minutes in a positive way.

Beth: Take care of yourself. If you keep having problems, go to your doc or try liquids for a few days to give your tummy a rest.

Kari: Thanks for the well wishes. It's soooo COLD here!! My dad suggested going to a football game, but under 30 degrees sitting outside watching a game is NOT too appealing. My cousin is the local coach and they have a great team this year. Who knows, maybe I'll bundle up in a snowmobile suit (lol) and head out.

Take care everyone!!

Hey guys! I am doing better today. I still have a sore throat but all that I ate went down good. My hubby cooked steak outside on the grill bit I took a bite and chewed it to get the flavor and then spit it out. I knew that it wouldn't go down. Well my daughter is coming tomorrow and we are going to get out hair colored. I just love it when she comes. And then I am going to fix dinner for her and my mom and hubby of course. My daughter is going to Seatle for a week to a seminar so I will send her off with a good meal in her belly. She is 25 and the light of my life. Well I am working on cleaning my house so I need to go and finish. Talk to ya'll later.

Hello everyone - I've been MIA for a while - out of town, busy with work, family stuff...life sure gets in the way, doesn't it?

I'm proud to say things have been going very well for me. Since my last fill I've had good restriction. I am down 75 lbs now and people at work seem to comment on how I look on a daily basis. It feels so good to get the compliments and to know that the weight will stay off with the help of the band is an even bigger reward. I've hit another plateau - staying the same for about the last week and a half - but I'm sure it will kick back into gear soon. I've been fighting a cold for the past week and even stayed home from work last Wednesday and slept the entire day. I went on a scrapbooking retreat with friends last weekend and sneezed and blew my nose the entire weekend. Then I woke up this morning doing the same thing - UUggghh!!

Next weekend I'm going on another retreat. So I'll spend the week planning what I want to work on and packing my supplies. Last weekend we were in a house, so I was able to bring my Magic Bullett and have my shakes when I wanted them. This next weekend we'll be at a resort and everything is buffet-style. I'm going to just focus on eating my Protein first and drinking my Water during the day and then I should be fine. I just need to stay away from Snacks. I had cheddar chex mix last weekend and it was SO good, but it was the first time I'd really just let myself snack and the guilt was terrible!

Anyway, I see from your posts since I was on last that you are all doing well. Congrats on all the NSV's and take care of yourselves to the ones who were having issues. I'm going to try and check in more often. I miss chatting with you all!

Mary

I hope you enjoy your visit with your parents. Make sure you pack warm clothes. Michigan! Wow I bet its cold.

I know exactly what you mean about learning how to eat. I don't know what I expected but I thought I'd be in control by now. But I am still learning too.

Beth

I hope the throwing up stops. I haven't read back too far on the thread. Did you have a fill? I think we will all be going thru that soon because we are all finally getting our bands to the right spot. I'm sure you'll be okay.

Don't worry about getting unfilled. Maybe they can just take a little out. You still need to be able to eat. We don't want you getting sick.

Jane

Thank you for sharing. I still haven't really started any exercising. I feel horrible about it but I just can't take that first step. I'm really proud of you because I know how hard it is for me to just get started. You should be REALLY proud of yourself. GREAT JOB.

Stephanie

I've always wanted to get into scrapbooking but I just lack that natural creativity that it requires. Congrats on losing 75 pounds. Wow. that's incredible. I wish I was down that much. I'm sure you're working hard for it.

I have a doctor's appointment on the 14th. I'm real nervous. The last fill didn't really prevent me from eating or eating alot but it did make me fill uncomfortabley full. But I could still eat just as much but now I have a unpleasant feeling afterwards. Apparently it isn't that uncomfortable because I still eat eat and eat. So I'm sure this fill is going to be the one. That SCARES me. I haven't had any episodes of food coming back up. In a weird way I think I need to throw up and feel terrible so that I can get back on track and realize this is really happening. This will be my 3rd fill and I think i'm only going to need very little. Well, that's all about me so far.

Hi everyone,

I finally got my pictures posted. I am not computer savy as you can very well tell. Have fun Mary and enjoy yourself. I bet it is beautiful there right now.

Hi Stephani it seems like I haven't talked to you in forever.

Hi Beth, hope your feeling better soon and can eat better.

Jessica good luck with your fill. I just got my forth and I can't hardly eat anything. Very tight. Good luck.

Hope all you guys have a great weekend.

mary good luck in mi, i am originally from ohio and cried when the tigers tanked:( i'll be preaying for your dad, i lost mine to cancer many years ago and its difficult but hang in there!

way to go jane! you inspire me! my life has been hectic and i haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks and i miss it but its so hard to get back into the routine so now i will so we can compare exer notes!

beth - how are you feeling? i try toeat slow but sometimes i am so busy that i try to grab a few bites on the fly! that may be it but who knows, it hasn't bothered me since fri

good to hear from you stephanie!

jess - it'll be fine!

talk at you soon!

dez

So how is everyone feeling about the upcoming food holiday. :hungry: THANKSGIVING.

I've already been thinking about it. I think i'm going to stay home and invite people over to my house that way i have control of what is made.

So, just to get to know everyone a little better.

What does everyone do for a living? I do compliance at an investment firm. :bored

Any kids? if so how old? 1 little boy. 5 yrs old :love:

Beth,

I've just been on the twoterville thread and noticed you haven't updated your xmas challenge, I've took the liberty of updating it for you...hope you don't mind but your doing soooo well. I did it at 262lbs ope thats right cos it doesn't look like you've updated your signature!! lol

Yes, I need to visit all my marked threads and update...I just haven't been on here in so long. I will weigh again on Wednesday and then adjust my ticker, too.

What does everyone do for a living? I am a secretary for one of four principals at our Middle School (grades 6, 7, &8)

Any kids? if so how old? 1 boy. 14 1/2 yrs old :love:

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->