Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Hi BigGirlPantiez:

Hey....you need to help me do the Ticker thing again! I need your help!

Your computer illiterate friend:

Stesti

VLP - I think that you are doing fine. I had pain for a couple of weeks before it started to ease up. I was afraid to eat because I didn't want to mess it up. You really can't mess it up. If you eat too much you will know it. You will feel real full. If you start to eat and start to feel full stop. Don't drink anything until at least 30 minutes after you eat and then drink slowly and take small sips. When I first started I didn't know about not drinking Water with your meal and I could eat much more than I should have. Now I have learned not to drink. When you do eat, eat small bites and chew like crazy. Eat very slow at first until you feel comfortable and then you should be able to judge how the best way for you to eat. I hope this helps. Remember that the first six weeks more for healing in the stomach and getting used to a new eating habit. After the fills you should lose the weight more. At least that is what I have been told. I go for a fill on Thursday so I am hoping to lose more weight after that. I don't have alot of restriction on what I can eat now and so therefore I think I am eating too much. I am learning along with all of you. Good luck and keep us informed on how you are doing.

Hello everyone!!!

I am glad everyone is doing well. I went out of town this past weekend with my sister and my mom.. (NO KIDS OR HUBBY) I had such a good time. We shopped and just hung out in the hotel. I scrapbooked, my sis crossstitched, and my mom made earrings and braceletts. It was so nice not to have to be anywhere. Don't get me wrong I LOVE my family but I so needed some me time. We are planning another trip in dec. after school.

So as far as weight loss I am stuck at 23lbs. I know I will soon need a fill because I can eat much more than a bandster should. I am going to wait another two weeks and if I am still at 23, I will schedule a fill.

Sherri, thanks for the info about your fill, I think I will ask for the flora no matter what just because it cost the same to me for both. Might as well get the best.. Right? LOL

I am not sure if I am the only one feeling this way but I am laying it out there. I am a little bored with LBT latly. I was wondering if any of you felt this way. I was wondering if yall wanted to schedule a chat session. I will not commit to it unless I see people wanting to do it. I was going to see if I can make a chat room by invitation only. It will not be on LBT becasue I want ALL the people interested to be able to join and this chat room I know of a few that can't come in.. (ready, Kmo ) So If you are interested in a chat night let me know and I will make the board.. But if not I won't...

Ok on to BINGO....

Slime

Slippage

How is everyone doing with bingo.. Do we have anyone with at least 10 words marked off?

good luck...

I would probably be available for a chat on Monday nights or Thursday nights, especially after 8:00 CST. And I still can't use the chat on here.

Tried today and got on, but when I posted couldn't see the conversation.

UGHHH. Jen, hang in there with the weightloss. Does sound like you may need a fill. I am starting to get hungrier and trying to "be good". I still have restriction, though, as I cannot eat as much. Just noticed that I'm hungry between meals. Bought some liquid vitamins yesterday at Vitamin Shoppe and wish I'd been taking them from the beginning, since I've been limited on vegetables. (they also have other stuff in them). I also bought some Biotin (suggested by Kari) to help prevent Hair loss. Haven't had any yet, but don't want my hair gone (there is a thread where they talked about this).

I have stopped weighing every other day/every day and decided to just get on once a week. Have you measured Jen? I will measure every 4 weeks. My hubby made a nice chart for me to keep track.

Hey what do you guys do for a living? I am a homemaker.

Next Monday I will start my second school year with the Superior, WI Middle School as a secretary for one of four principals at the school. There is a green wing, a red wing, and a blue wing. One principal for each wing (which has about 350 kids in each wing) and one principal that oversees the whole school. I'm the Green Wing secretary.

I had 8 weeks off, which was great for me because I had my surgery right after school got out, and now I'm going back 40 lbs or more lighter. I miss seeing the staff and after saying goodbye to the 8th graders that I got close to last year, I'm ready to watch the 7th graders move up, and hopefully they have matured a bit over the summer.

It's the best job I've ever had and I want to be there until I retire :mad:

Prior to that job I worked as a Clerical Coordinator for a non-profit org that serves people with developmental disabilities. And prior to that I owned my own home-based business writing targeted resumes and cover letters and helping people with job search and typing for procrastinating college students. I typed papers, master's papers, doctorate theses, and a host of other things.

That's me!

I am a little bruised as well in my port area but I didn't get numbed. I don't have any issue with needles.. but I must say, He stuck me 6 times!!!! But it really wasnt painful.

I have the larger VG band so I am probably going to need another fill. He already scheduled me for Sept 18th. He put 2cc in me but I am not sure how much mine totally holds. The first day I felt really restricted but not so much now. But then again, I have been on just liquids for 2 days per his request. I am on regular food today. I will let ya'll know.

My boyfriend finally comes home today. He was gone for a week.. guy's vacation in Maine. I wonder if I will look any smaller to him when he sees me? And trust me, he notices things like that. lol Wierd I know!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Hugz,

DonnaMarie:)

So DonnaMarie....how'd it go with your boyfriend? Did he comment on how goooooooood you look!!!

Hello everyone!!!

I am glad everyone is doing well. I went out of town this past weekend with my sister and my mom.. (NO KIDS OR HUBBY) I had such a good time. We shopped and just hung out in the hotel. I scrapbooked, my sis crossstitched, and my mom made earrings and braceletts. It was so nice not to have to be anywhere. Don't get me wrong I LOVE my family but I so needed some me time. We are planning another trip in dec. after school.

I am a HUGE scrapbooker - that's all I do besides work, and post on LBT:p I go on retreats at least 4 times a year and I scrap on Friday nights with 4 of the best friends I've ever had. We switch between each others houses. And if we don't feel like scrapping (gasp!! could that ever be?) then we come with whatever we'd like to do, or just to visit. We went to the Twin Cities yesterday and attended a class to learn how to alter a window pane. It essentially has 6 scrapbook layouts behind the panes of glass and we painted and crackled the frame. I am going to hang mine at work in my school office. If I'm not on here, I'm posting on Memory Creators, a great scrapbooking web site/message board, or reading magazines on scrapping...just a tad addicted...:mad:

Here is a picture of what I made :mad:

Miscellaneous017.jpg

Steph that is so pretty. I would like to learn how to scrapebook but I don't have the time. With all my other hobbies I don't know if I could fit that in. My daughter loves to do it. She has done her wedding and she is working on my 25 wedding anniversary book. When she was younger she did them on her highshool, college and the many overseas trips she took with the college. I would like to make one of memories of my daddy. I have a photo album I put together of his life but I would really like to make it better.

I am up for chatting at anytime. Just let me know.

Hi all.....I too would LOVE to chat!!! I am on EST but while I am home for the summer am up all hours!!!!! (Especially when my silly port pinches and wakes me up!!!!)

Ruthie

Banded 7-11-06 (Oh thank heaven for 7-11)

Dr. Bertha/St. Clare's Hospital

Dover, NJ

I wanted to say hi to all-I've posted a few times but I've haven't offically "met" anyone yet.

I am a pediatric nurse-I'm staying at home right now-my youngest is 1 and my oldest is 18.

I'm not sure how I'm doing with this band-I've lost about 17 lbs but I can't really tell yet. My surgery was 4 weeks ago today and I can't have a fill until 6wks out.

I too would love to chat-I'm on and off the computer all day-(whenever I can squeeze in a few minutes) I'm on EST time as well.

Baylormom-I am trying to learn to quilt-maybe you could give instant message lessons! I've been sewing for a while but I'm telling you quilting is a whole other ballgame. I didn't realize it was so intricate and precise but as always one step at a time. Did you take any classes or are you self taught?

How are everyone's else's cravings? I am struggling with head hunger I think-it's weird to know my stomach is full but to want to eat anyway-I'm sure I've done this for years it's just now that my pouch is so small I'm much more aware. I guess that's the point right? I think I need remedial band class-lol.

Here is a question to toss around if you want to answer it. Why did you choose the Lap Band instead of the Gastric Bypass?

I had a kidney transplant 29 years ago and the doctor didn't feel comfortable doing the bypass with the medications that I take for my kidney. Kidney doctor didn't want me to go off meds and the surgeon said I would have a hard time healing inside my body with the meds. So I had no choice but the Lap Band. To be honest it wasn't my first choice. But I am glad now that I did the band. Even though the loss is slow I can at least control it. That is my story.

Hi all! my computer was out of commission so i'ts been a while! baylor mom - i quilt too, i need to start at baby quilt for my friends first grandbaby, she'll be one in dec so i hope to have it done by then.

mbprn - 18, 15, 3 and 1 ?!? i'll pray for you!

i'm on est and will chat when i'm online anytime. i've been setting up my room at school and am going to Newport, ri and rockport, ma and Kennebunkport, me for day trips before school starts i can't wait to get in the ocean! i have been sitting outside reading alot while i recover but haven't been able to lay on my tummy so i look like an oreo, dark on one side/white on the other!

jmo - keep the words coming, no 10 yet!