Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Congratulations all you LOSERS...lol!! I'm a loser too!!! Never thought I'd be happy to be called that...but in the case of this deal....I will accept!! I have a question that I discussed with Kari and wanted to ask all of you. Are any of you experiencing a bad taste in your mouth? We are thinking it may be due to ketosis or something. Any input would be appreciated!!

Also, Baylor Mom, hang in there and you might want to try your pool in the morning. I got in mine around 10 (i live near denton) and it felt great. Water was warm but the air wasn't too hot yet. I just moved around and tried to exercise some. I don't want to walk right now either cuz it's so HOT here in TX!! Hope this helps and keep on keeping on!!

Beth,

I feel your pain! I had hid my scale, but pulled it out and had gained 4 lbs over the weekend! Yikes. I have a fill scheduled for 8/25 which seems like forever from now. Make sure you are drinking LOTS of Water. If I don't drink at least enough to make me pee every hour, I will gain weight. I've managed to take back off 3 of those lbs, so I know it is retaining Water 'cause of the heat or not drinking enough water. Anyway, try to stay positive, think about this, eventually the weight WILL come off, maybe not as fast as we would like it to, but this time next year you WILL be a lot smaller than you are now. Before banding, I always had to worry about how fat I would get over the school year, now I am looking forward to losing weight over the school year. SMILE, you are on the dock waiting to board the ship to WEIGHTLOSS Land!

Jane

196/185/135

Thanks guys. I feel better. I will get up tomorrow and get in the pool early. When I am in there I can usually jog around for 30 minutes. I just need to start early. So that is what I am going to do. Thanks JMO for reminded me that I need to do laundry too. In fact I need to go start it now or I will be up all night. Thanks again for all of ya'll support.

So, has anyone out there experienced the golf ball, slime, pb cycle prior to having a fill? It has happened to me for three days in a row (this was the first three times). I started solids a couple weeks ago and feel like I am still being pretty careful (well not exactly the first time - large bite of untoasted rye bread ): but the next couple times I felt like I was taking small bites and chewing fairly well. The second time was a crabcake, the third lightly breaded chicken breast....clearly I cannot eat breads!

I know that one problem is that I am out of town for a work training this week... and the conference center has tons of food for Breakfast, lunch, Snacks, etc. in a buffet style. It is hard to resist all of the food! And I have not been making the best choices. But my portions have been pretty small. Also, I feel pressured to eat normally.

Anyway thanks for the help.

Olive

I don't know what some of that stuff is and I don't think I want to know. I did find out today that I am getting a fill next Thursday. Yeah!! Maybe I will lose some weight. I have been reading other threads on this site and I don't feel as nervous as I was about a fill. I don't know how my doctor will do it so I guess I will have to wait and see. I had a Lean Cuisine pizza tonight. I added a little chicken to it to make it have more Protein. I ate it all!! I was only planning on eating half but it was so good and I wasn't full so I ate the whole thing. I am full now and I won't need a snack before bedtime which is good. I am trying not to eat in between meals (except my protein) so I hope I didn't eat too much. I decided to wait until tomorrow to weigh again. The reason why is because I had a good visit in the bathroom today(if you know what I mean) so I hope the weight changes. Well it is off to take a bath and get to bed and read. TTFN

Thanks everyone for all the kudos! I have been so happy all day - and had a couple of NSV's as well...I pulled a top out of my closet that I haven't worn in over a year and it fit great and looked good and I was swimming in my 4X stretch pants and dug in a drawer for a 3X and it fit great, too! I had dinner at Applebee's with a co-worker that I haven't seen since the begining of June (we work for the school district and get summers off) and she was amazed at how different I look already at only 38 lbs gone! That was great, too! When I walk back into the school on Aug. 28th I hope to be down another 5 lbs or so. I get my fill tomorrow morning...yippee!!

Hang in there Baylor Mom...I'm sure you'll feel better after your fill. I'll let you know how mine goes :)

olive

i have had a small pb a couple of times on bread (trying to eat a half of sandwich) not fun!!! you would think i'd learn to give up bread!!!

i go mondayfor my first fill I'M SO READY i haven't been losing much at all

and i'm having a hard time staying of the straight and narrow without the fill

not eating junk so much as just more food and getting hungry faster

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering, how do you post your weight loss ticker to your profile. I 've created mine, but don't know where to place it.

I was Banded 07/26/06.

post-207404-13813133915767_thumb.png

Ok, I sorta answered my own question.:rolleyes

But I attached it. I noticed no one else's is listed as an attached image.

So I still need :help: .

Thanks,

Mark

post-207404-13813133915881_thumb.png

Ok, I sorta answered my own question.:rolleyes

But I attached it. I noticed no one else's is listed as an attached image.

So I still need :help: .

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark... copy/paste that awesome ticker in your signature page and you'll be all set! Congrats on your weight loss!

Ok, I know I'm posting alot:nervous . Just nice to talk find other bandsters, outside of my monthly support group which is great when we meet but very incommunicado otherwise.

I go in for first fill on 8/29. It will be 1cc. My band only holds 4cc's so that seems pretty significant.

Does seem like I'm in the minority on the boards for July. Not that I mind, your all beautiful women.:biggrin1:

Take care,

Mark