Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

I was on Depo for many years and came off of it this year prior to surgery. My doctor recommended it would be easier to lose weight plus concerns about bone density in my golden years. My last shot was April 1 so in theory it was out of my system on July 1. No period yet but I figure it could take up to a year to get going again.

Thanks!

Marie

I have a question though: Was anyone on Depo Provera before surgery? I came off of it (I got my last 3 month shot in February) and still haven't started my period yet. I wonder if my band still tightens once a month if I don't have a period? I hope not. and I hope to get on some more "No period pills" soon because mine are too painful. But I haven't lost too much weight, so I know I haven't upset my system yet... but was just wondering if anyone had been on it, and come off for surgery, and how they were doing?

Holy buckets Ruthie! Congratulations. LOL Whats your secret??? I want to do whatever it is you are doing. That is huge to not have to be taking as much medication anymore. Gosh pretty soon you're going to be med. free!! yippee! Great Job.

Kari- thanks for the props!!! I am just doing what "they" told me to do....64 oz liquids, Proteins (which I am experimenting with what I like), watching food choices and portions. I also have a LOT of weight to lose so I think you lose faster at first if you are a super-size. Don't know if this is true but it seems logical????

Ruthie

Banded 7-11-06/Dr. Bertha

St. Clare's Hospital

Dover, New Jersey

"You can stand me up at the gates of hell but I won't back down"...thanks Tom Petty

Congrats to JMO, Leona, Donna Marie and Ruthie on your great weight loss! My goodness Ruthie what a great start for you. I think you have every right to be bragging right now, if anything it's motivation for all of us. Good work! I also agree that the amount of weight people need to lose has a lot to do with weight loss, in the beginning. The more you weigh the quicker it will fall off, compared to someone who may only need to lose 60 pounds. But it does even out in the end. WHO CARES LOL any weight loss is amazing. To me, it's more than what i would have lost without the band.

ALSO, ERICSMOM.. you have done awesome girlie.... maybe you need to do a little bragging. LOL

I'm so proud of all of us, we will do this. It's even better that we all have each other to share the highs and the lows with.

ALSO, ERICSMOM.. you have done awesome girlie.... maybe you need to do a little bragging. LOL

I'm so proud of all of us, we will do this. It's even better that we all have each other to share the highs and the lows with.

Thanks! When I get together with my friends I'm trying not to have it be all about me...they ask how I'm doing and I say "Really great, thanks for asking."

Tomorrow is another weigh in day - my surgery was on a Wednesday and that's the day the Gone for Good Club has weigh ins, too, so it works well for me. I weighed myself this past Monday just to see what was going on and if the numbers are there again tomorrow it will be the last time I'll ever have to say the word "three hundred..." again. I was at 298.6 on Monday. Boy do I want to be under the 300!! One day ata time, right?

I'll have to update my ticker tomorrow :)

Congrats to everyone on the progress they are making :clap2:

Hey guys, well a little frustrated today! I was doing really well when I was first banded 7-21 i have lost about 23 lbs so far. now that I am on solids it has pretty much stoped. I am eating low carbs and doing very well on my portions. I have also started walking every day! Whats the deal here.

What is depo? I am assuming that it is some kind of birth control.

Where are the Bingo words for today?

It is a shot given every 3 months for birth control... and it stops your periods for the entire time you are on it. It is GREAT lol :rolleyes::clap2:

GO STEPH!!!! TWOTERVILLE, TWOTERVILLE.. TWOTERVILLE. YOU CAN DO IT! Please post and let us know how you did.

I did it!!! 299!!!!

I'm doin' the happy dance!! :clap2: Thanks for the encouragement and support :rolleyes: I go for my first fill tomorrow morning. I'm trying to look at it in 10 lb increments. Someone's siggy here on LBT says something about losing 100 lbs is losing 10 lbs 10 times, so that's what I'm trying to do!

Yea, ericsmom! Good for you girl! and RIGHT at the time where you are getting a fill. You will be wisking through the 200s in no time.

I am starting to add food to my very long clear liquid diet. I am 4 weeks out on Friday, have lost weight very quickly and am looking forward to my small meals next week. I am also looking forward to adding some walking to my daily regime.

Good to see you all losing weight.

Cheers

Hey guys. I am a little discouraged. I gained a pound this week. I am trying to eat less but I need a fill. My doctor won't even consider it until after 6 weeks. This is my 5th week so I have another week to go. Everytime I call his office I get the answering machine and I don't get called back. They are very ineffecient at that office. I don't have any other choice but to keep trying. I am still officially on soft foods but occasionally I have something a little harder. My energy level is not what I would like for it to be. I sleep too much. It is way to hot to walk outside and I hate doing the gazelle. I know I need to do something but haven't figured it out yet. We have a pool but believe it or not it is too hot to exercise in it. I am having a bummy day. I think I might just go back to bed and read. Oh and my doggie has a hurt leg. I am so sorry to be such a downer today but hey what is this site sometimes for anyway.

I am very excited about all the good reports from some of you. I think it is great that you are losing weight. I know someday I will be there too. I hope you all have a wonderful week and I will try harder to change my mood.

Where are those Bingo words?

Hey Beth , I just want you to know that I am going threw the same thing your going threw right now but i have to keep in mind that this is a long term thing now. we need to get our butts in gear and use our will power its only a few more weeks. I know i was feeling a little down to when i stopped losing , but i started walking in the evening 2 days ago after it cools down in the evenning. and it really makes me feel alot better just becuase im doing something about it..... hang in there

WAHOO for Stephanie!!!!!! :clap2: :clap2: Congrats on reaching an incredible milestone!!!! I cannot imagine being there again (I don't think I weighed this much at birth!!!). You go girl!!!! :rolleyes::D

Ruthie

Banded to go-go 7-11-06

Dr. Bertha/St. Clare's Hospital

Dover, New Jersey

Hey guys,

Sorry I didn't post bingo words yesterday, so I will post 4 today.... I am so proud of you STEPH.... Way to go!!!! We are in twoterville together!!! FEELS GOOD DON"T it!!!! LOL

Off todo laundry! YUK I hate laundry!

Bingo words

Mushies

Solids

Port

saline

Good luck