Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

ericsmom, I get the same way right before my 'time'. I retain Water, get bummed, weepy even lol. Just try to look on the bright side, when your periods over all that water weight is going to come off and you'll probably drop 5 pounds overnight. You're doing a great job at eating right. You're doing a great job at exercising. And just remember you aren't on a 'diet' like in the old pre-band days. This is now a life long journey and you don't have to 'hit it hard' because you're going to eventually give up, pig out, and gain the weight back plus some more. Now you have your amazing band tool to stop you and help you. Every month you are going to weigh less and less! Plus I've been reading a lot of the threads on this site and a lot of ppl say that you don't really start losing until after one or sometimes 2 fills. But you m'dear have already lost 34.8 lbs!!! You are doing better than most. Keep up the good work, and try to keep your spirits up. Its just your period getting you down.

Thanks for the advice and encouragement, Kari. You're right...I just needed to hear it from someone else. Thursday's fill day and it will be a whole new chapter in this journey :(

jmo - crongrats on the 22 off! woohoo! last supper? is your hubby doing the band too? are you on a reg diet now? coconut shrimp sounds great! my hubby can't wait to get texas road house and i'm dying for their ribs, they fall off the bone so they should be ok to eat on mushies. 10 days to go!

Hi all,

thought Id update you and get it off my chest. i'm having lots of bowel problems, I'm nearly 4 weeks post op and on normal foods and boy does my bowel no it!!! Does anyone else not go to the loo for 3/4 days? I used to go every day but now...once or twice a week and it hurts sooo much!! sorry for the grossness but i need to know if I'm alone with this??

Other major news!!! i joined a gym on friday and had my first workout today, I felt fine afterwards but am now starting to ache... my only concern about the gym is that I don't want to gain weight 'cos of muscle!! the trainer saidas I've had the band done I don't need to do fat burning exercise just to tone up!! anyone any thoughts on this??? it sounds ok but I need to lose a lot of weight so should I be burning fat???

My official weigh in is friday, that will be a calender month after op...so will update my ticker and you then...

I want to thank you all for being honest in your posts as it helps me to put my occasional panics into perspective, when i see others are having to deal with the same....thanks lol

indianlight - i was just wondering about the bowel thing myself. i haven't been to the bathroom in a few days myself but i don't have any tumm pains and no probs going, i'm just not going. one thing my info says is try prune juice - it may help!

i disagree with your trainor, i think fat burning is just as important as wt training, it will help you losethe wt. don't worry about the muscle gain, it will help you in the long run as muscle helps your metabolism and fat burning.

good luck! :(

If you guys aren't going, take some MOM or some stool softeners! I was irregular for a little while... Then one dose of MOM and bam! lol

but once that one bought went away, I still go 2 or 3 times a day like before- just less of it.

Yes my dh is also getting the band. he has surgery on the 22nd of aug... Last night was his last supper because he has a weigh in right before the surg, due to gaining last week. He gained becasue they switched all his meds to liquids.(bs meds and HBP) So he is now on a DIET (low fat and low card) LOL Oh yes I am eating regular foods now, My doc is real leanient when it comes to that I only had liquids (clear and full) for a week after surgery, went to mushies and then when I felt comfortable I moved to solids.. I am real cautious when trying something new and always spit if I am not sure... I have had one slimimg attack and no pb's.. Thank god.. The sliming was on scrabled eggs, go figure???

Ok on to bingo, two words for today are:

Excited

Pre- op

Good luck!!!

I fixed Hamburger Helper for dinner and it was very good and filling. I am trying to get this new eating thing down. I am not doing so good on the Protein Drink part yet but I got some stuff (unflavored) and that is a start. I am going to try it tomorrow with my cottage cheese. Then I can say I ate my curds and whey. ha ha I am going to try to get some more Proteins in my foods as well. I fixed me some Crystal Light and it sure tastes good. I think I might be getting this all now. I have a Breakfast bar that I like that has 10 grams of Protein and I like it too. It only has 140 calories so I can have it for a snack sometimes. I have string cheese alot too. How much protein does one of those have I wonder? I am going to the store tomorrow so I am going to try some new things if I can think of some. Any suggestions? I am still on mushies but I am trying to merge into real food.< /p>

I was banded 7/19 in Houston Dr. Spegiel. I get my first fill this Wed, August 16th, I am a little nervous about the fill.

I was banded 7/19 in Houston Dr. Spegiel. I get my first fill this Wed, August 16th, I am a little nervous about the fill.

I get my first fill the day after you do...from what I've read on this board in several topics and posts, it will be just fine and more than likely go wonderfully. I am looking forward to this next step in my journey. Good luck to you :)

Well, I get my fill this afternoon with my mom... I'm nervous because my doc doesn't use a numbing needle first to do it. He just puts in the fill needle. Hopefully he can find my port! :) ahhh! I'll let everyone know how it goes. :) But hopefully this liquid phase will jumpstart my weightloss! I need it!

good luck leona! let me now how it goes, my first fill will be in sept and it's a little anxiety provoking!

:update: :update: :update: :update:

Hello everyone!

I go for my first fill on Friday. My Doc had told me at my post OP that I have a larger band so finding my "sweet spot" might take some time. I know I can eat quite a bit now being wide open but I just choose not too. I eat alot of Protein, veggies, and low fat dairy. I tend to stay away from scales because I would be a "scale addict".. I don't even have one in my house. I might get one though.. Dont know.. lol

I have noticed my clothes getting looser. I know I am losing alot of inches. Especially in my face and upper body but my tummy is getting smaller too. My hips are not as wide. I noticed at work, I am not tight in my chair anymore. (I do customer service and sit all day)

I have also started my exercise and am on week 2.. I try to walk every single day. I get up early and walk, shower, and then go to work. So far so good.. I enjoy it and have talked to some really nice people on the sidewalk! I also just bought my first house and moved here in May so I am still meeting new people.

But the best thing of all, was the other day.... My boyfriend said these words to me.. "Honey, I can really tell you are losing.. you look really good and I am proud of you." I swear, I wanted to jump him right then!! I am very lucky to have such a supportive boyfriend. He is all for what I am doing.. He eats all the good for you food right along with me and taste tests the recipes that I find for variety. Allrecipes.com is the site I like best!

Hope everyone is doing well.. from what I read on here, you are!

Thanks for letting me ramble on..

Hugz,

DonnaMarie:biggrin1:

Congrats on all of your NSV's DonnaMarie!!! Way to go!! I can tell by the "tone" of your post that you are feeling motivated and super great! You've got a great bf, too ;) Keep up the good work! As a fellow July 5th banster, I'm so proud of you!