Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

I'm two days post-op and feel surprisingly good. I don't feel any PAIN at all. It feels tight where the band is and I've had loose stools more than anything. Hippmom, it really will be okay. Don't cancel...it will be really hard to get another date, and you'll wish you hadn't. If you do what the doctor says, it will be just fine. This site has provided me with a wealth of information and I knew exactly what I was getting in to, and it has been a breeze. You can do this.

Glad to hear other new bandsters are doing well.

Hip Mom -

I must say that I was having the same feelings a week or so ago. This past weekend I was with a family friend who takes more than 25 meds a day and has had health problems her whole life because of her weight. She gave me a great pep talk and said how envious she was that I will live a much richer and longer life, be there for my family and friends and will have a better time doing everything!

I am guessing you have spent the last 30 years or so doing for others so it seems odd to do something for yourself. But now it is time for you and you DESERVE this life changing opportunity!

We weight about the same, and have surgery on the same day! Just keep thinking positive thoughts. I know this seems superficial, but I have found that fashion catalogs for skinny ladies provide great inspiration. Check out this one - http://www.newport-news.com/default.asp They have lots of sassy clingy clothes, yes some are cheesey, but they are inspiring!

You can do this - you OWE it to YOURSELF!!

Hippmom -

You CAN do this. I was TERRIFIED of having surgery before I went through with getting the band on Wednesday. In fact in the car on the way to the hospital I told DH I changed my mind, I couldn't do this. I got to the hospital and was a nervous wreck. I was really freaking out. As I laid in bed waiting for them to get me into the OR I kept thinking I have lost my mind, I can lose weight naturally I don't need surgery. The tears flowed, but then I realized I needed the band to live my life. I didn't want to miss out on things in the future because of my size. I don't want to have a high risk pregnancy because of my size. I don't want my future children to suffer because their mother cannot keep up with them. I was then smiling realizing that I was on the road to a better life, and a better me.

Right now the pain in my abdomen feels like I did too many sit ups. I am able to walk around my house and I feel pretty good. I am not hungry at all.

You can do this! We are all here to help you!! If you want to talk some more feel free to msg me. Believe me if I can do it so can you!

Love, Danielle

only 6 & 1/2 more days but i think i'm going to have to back out i don't think i can do this

Hey hipmom, Keep your chin up!!! You can do this, repeat after me.. "I CAN DO THIS". Try taking some tylenol PM for the next few nights to help you sleep and keep yourself busy in the day.. hopefully that will help.

I'll be cheering you on, from the sideline...:cheer2:

Time to love PLEEESSSSWEEEE add my name to the list (I kindof feel left out) lol

Sorry Jen, I didn't see you on this thread, so I didnt' add you.. LOL Best of luck to you!!

July 03 - giggle3474

July 03 - dsh0917

July 03 - pugchick

July 05 - canada sunshine

July 05 - eric's mom

July 05 - leona06

July 05 - july5forme

July 05 - Donna Marie

Eric's Mom and July 5.. Congrats, thanks for the update and I'm very happy to hear the you both are doing good. You make it seem like it was a piece of cake, which makes me feel better already!! Hope all continues to go well, keep us posted. Here's to you both melting those pounds away. :scared:

Has anyone heard from Giggle3474, dsh0917, pugchick,Canada Sunshine or Donna Marie? I saw that Leona's Mom had posted that she was doing great!! I hope all the others are too.

Hi all! I'm back and doing great. I went to Tijuana for my surgery on Monday. I can tell you that every day it gets easier. I had some pain and strange twitches the first 2 days. But that has all gone away. I have not had the pain meds since Wednesday. I have to keep looking at my incisions and bruises to remind myself I even have a band! Tummy is still sore getting up and bending over. But all of you with your surgeries coming up - it's really no problem. My only complaint is I'm Hungry!! The liquids just seem to run right out of my stomach. Oh well, I'm going to go make some broth now and that will keep me satisfied for a while. Take care!

Pugchick,

I'm glad to hear you had a safe surgery and that you are home, feeling pretty good. Congrats to you for making it to bandland! Thanks for the update on how you're feeling and what to expect. (that goes for all of you who reported since being banded) It makes it so much easier and less stressful, for me anyhow.

Well, best of luck. Pretty soon you'll be melting away.

it's not the pain of the surgery it's the pain if failing AGAin

I hear you on this thought.. I'm sure, at one point, we've all felt this way. I went throught this thought.. while I was going through the early stages of the process. I've decided that this is the best solution right now. I can always put some pills in my mouth and lose .. and then gain it back.. While waisting my money. LOL... along with the many other things that I've tried.

Try to stay positive... You can do this. Sometimes ,I believe, that if you set yourself up for the fall.. then you will fall.. and fall harder than you thought. Try setting positive thoughts in your mind. Don't sabotage your band and goals.. keep them alive.. write them down and put it on your fridge..Give this band a shot, and read the threads and posts of those who have had sucess. If it didn't work.. noone would be on here chatting about their victory of beating the fat demon. I know it's definiately going to be a challenge, it's a tool not a magician saying "poof" make me skinny now. You'll have to work at it, for sure. From what I hear.. once you start getting your fills.. it's a little harder to cheat. I'm not banded so don't hold me to that. I've also heard you can eat around the band.... BUT let's not even think that way. Let's think that pretty soon.. You'll be a healthier, happier and thinner.. YOU.

Just checking in with everyone. I really don't have much to update on. As everyone knows i had my surgery on the 5th. Pain is alot more manageable. I didn't take any pain meds today. I'll let everyone know how i feel in the morning.

Just checking in with everyone. I really don't have much to update on. As everyone knows i had my surgery on the 5th. Pain is alot more manageable. I didn't take any pain meds today. I'll let everyone know how i feel in the morning.

I'm happy to hear that you are having barely any pain. That is so good to know. Thanks for the daily updates, I'll look back at all these posts, when my time comes.. just to see how you all progressed. Any before pics?? or are you waiting to post a before and after..? I can't wait. Make sure you post here too, not just on the before and after page. I'd love to see the progress as you post them.

DONNA MARIE.. congrats to you, thanks for the update too! I'm just so happy for you all.

I will be banded at Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville, Tennessee on Jul 18 by Dr. Willie Melvin. I had to put off my lap-banding for almost a mo. to have surgery on my knee and some vascular studies of my neck before I could finalize a date. I'm so excited. Pre-op diet is 7 days of Carnation Instant Breakfast, which I love.

God Bless,

Dody

This morning I am feeling great!! I am of course still sore in my port area, but otherwise feeling fine. Gas pain has been gone since Thursday night, I am able to walk around outside in my yard since it is so beautiful outside.

Best of all I started full liquids today and the Protein Shake tastes like a wonderful treat after nothing but Clear Liquids for 3 days straight. I hope everyone feels as great as I do after their surgery. This is much easier than I thought it was going to be.

Hope you all are doing well!

:biggrin1: hello again.

well woke up this morning feeling better. today was the first time i was able to get out of bed by myself. it was an accomplishment.

i think i'm done with the pain meds. don't think i'm going to take them anymore.

i did feel a little hungary this morning. I had the carnation instant breakfast. its pretty good. i only drank a little and i think it did the trick.

i think the impatient feelings are setting in. :bored I'm getting bored with the whole healing thing. I'm ready to get up and move around and just start doing things.

my husbands been great but he's no cleaning and cooking king.

i plan to go for walk today. i've been walking around the house as much as possible but i'm actually going to head outside. i'm hoping if i walk today and tomorrow. I'll be feeling pretty good by monday.

I have my first post op appointment on the 21st so i'm not even planning to go back to work until maybe the 24th which i'm optimistic about. I think i'll be more than ready to go back by then.

i'm job hunting while on my leave. i would like to have a better job too.

i just want to say to everyone waiting for surgery....don't worry. its alot easier than i thought. I was a worryer. I kept thinking of backing out even as they were pushing me to the operating room. Then you wake up and its all over. I considered the operation the hard part and i think its all easy from hear. i think i was scared of the operation more than the not eating the usual stuff. i don't even feel like i have anything around me stomach besides the slight ache from the incisions i really don't feel any different. i've been drinking fine. i'll try Soup one day just not sure when. dr says there will be no problem with me having soup but i'm just going to hold out as long as i can. My doctors assistant even said that in 2 weeks i might be down 20lbs. WOW! 20lbs. If that doesn't motivate me i don't know what will.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU :gluck:

I'M SURE YOU WILL ALL DO JUST FINE. :)

when all is said and done you will go back to all your old posts and laugh because you would have realized that you had nothing to worry about. :scared:

July5forme -

You are so right about the hard part being over. I was TERRIFIED of having surgery but I am looking back now and realizing I was a big chicken for being so scared.

For everyone else, what are you planning on doing to excercise once you are fully healed? I saw an informercial for a program called Turbo Jam and it looks fun and all the reviews I found on it are very encouraging. I am thinking about ordering it. DH and I also want to order a bowflex machine for strength training. What are your plans?

Well, I am going to go for a little walk now. Hope everyone is well!