Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I rarely get hungry. In fact, the only time a really feel hunger is around 3 hours after having my morning Protein Shake. So, today I didn?t have a shake and I decided to get a soft scrambled egg with cheese and ketchup with some bacon. I was only able to eat half the egg and 2 slices of bacon.

At 12:00pm, I started to feel really hungry. This type of hunger I don?t have very often. So I go out to my usual spot, its like a cost per lb buffet. I t has really healthy options; tons of fresh veggies, salads, grilled chicken, fruits, ect. I usually walk out of there with having paid any where from $2 to $3.50 for my lunch. I am usually only able to eat about half of what I buy and a couple hours later I will eat the rest of it.

Anyhoo, today I really felt hungry. I didn?t buy a lot, I got the amount that I usually get, but I found myself thinking that I was so hungry that I would probably be able to eat all (or close to all) of the food at one time. So, after about 2 ounces of the grilled chicken breast, one broccoli floret and 2 chunks of carrots, I was totally full! I know this is not big news to any of us here, but after almost 2 ? months, I am still amazed at how little my tummy can hold!

Just had to rave a bit...

Wow.. I am really excited for you and hope to have the same results once I am on the other side of this journey.. I see that you are in NYC.. do you mind sharing who did your surgery?

Thanks! Its the best decision I ever made. my surgeon is Dr. Edwar Yatco out of Lenox Hill Hospital.

Ok great.. Its nice to finally see someone from the area on here. I have a surgery date for June 23rd but still waiting on my PCP to write a proper letter for approval. Can you believe this is her third time writing this thing. I just cant wait till all of this is situated and done. By the way my surgeon will be Dr. Silva at Lawrence Hospital.

Wow, June 23rd is right around the corner! The day will be here before you know it. Do you have a pre-op diet? My surgeon didnt require one, than goodness. I had a hard enough time on clears only 24 hours before surgery. Where is Lawernce Hospital?

Yes I have a 3 week pre op diet.. Hi Protein and low fat.. so at least I can eat.. Lawrence Hospital is in Westchester NY which is about 20 min from my house. The funny thing about my doctor is that my hair dresser recommended him and then I found out that my new best friend had surgery with him 6 years ago. So I think Im in good hands.