Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

day 5 of my liquid diet

Im being sleeved on june 3rd i been on this liquid diet 5 days so far and STILL have 2 force myself not to cheat!! does it get any easier???

I had to do a 2 week clear liquid diet and by day 7 I was nuts. But I kept saying I can do this and then I would drink some Water or diet snapple. I am here if you need to vent. Stay strong.

How about getting out the house totally, go for a walk, or clear cupboards out??

I'm about to defrost my freezer today to clear out some things I know I just won't eat!!

Thanks......Im on the Clear Liquids only.... im doing the Jello thing but Im already getting sick of eating that!! sinces its the only "solid" food i can eat! I knew it was going to be tough and Im amazed that I went this long with out cheating!! But I keep trying to tell myself that Im going to be a heathier hot mama at the end of this!!! lol :thumbup1:

On day three, and I feel your pain.

Chellebelle - Sonic ice is da bomb! I love that stuff! I froze some crystal light in ice cube trays last night so today I am planning to steal my daughters snow cone machine and make myself something to "crunch" on.

Stay strong!

day 4 here of the pre-op diet here. it's definitely been a challenge. for the most part, I can get through the day ok; I'll see something good but the thought usually passes pretty quickly.

The tough part was on the drive home (i ride a motorcycle) and passing a restaurant... it was the smell of food on the grill that really got to me. but i quick shrug, a sigh and I just move on. ended up going to the gym for an hour to watch the news on the elliptical.

wish I could fast forward to the surgery already

day 10 of liquid diet...only 4 more days! I'm making it! I've cheated a few times with carb master yogurt it only has 4 carbs per serving and 12grams of Protein and also a piece of cheese. Today I went to smoothie king and got the gladiator smoothie, it only has a few grams of carbs. My dietitian approved it. My body has adjusted somewhat..It's not always that bad but..I've had bad days for sure, especially when I get bored! I guess just remember there are others going through it too and I've made it this far :001_cool: Hoping your days and mine fly by!

I'm on day 3 of liquids, ugh. I am hungry but the worst part is mental. If I could stop thinking about it for a minute, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Guest rickydee

Are you all speaking of 2 wk shake diet, clear liquid, or what?

Uh, I'm a little confused here. I'm new to the site and scheduled for July 1st. I know that I am required to go on a low carb 2weeks diet pre-op and high Protein clear liquid diet post op for the same duration. Are you guys talking about post or pre-op diet?

By the way, it's great to be here. I've never felt more at home with people I haven't even met before.

Yes, day 2 for me, yesterday was REALLY hard...also because it was my birthday and i wanted to do something for it...although i celebrated the day before...i have been good so far, i am allowed to have Protein Shakes and even one can of 98% fat free Soup a day, so that feels like a small meal....i am eating SF Jello and SF freezies! I keep telling myself that its all for a greater cause...plus i hope that i lose a few lbs to jumpstart my weight lost!!! Good luck everyone...WE CAN DO IT!!!

SlimMissy, I'm on a pre-op diet. It seems they are very varied depending on the surgeon.