Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

preop starts JUNE 1ST!!!!!!!!

Ok, well Memorial Day is the last day to eat as I do now. My preop diet starts june 1st. I also stop my birth control and nsaids for my arthritis. Well, whenever I have my menstral cycle, I STARVE. I mean i am hungry all the time. I will work right up to the day of surgery, and I also take college classes throughout the summer. So, I will be starving, in pain, and stressed. I don't necessarily believe in myself to do this 2 week diet fully, the 1st week is 2 low carb slimfast shakes, and one meal, the 2nd week is all shakes and liquids. Worse, a friend of mine using a different surgeon just in formed me she has a MUCH less restrictive diet. Just how mean is that?!? Anyway I am worried about the preop diet. I know i will be having a lot of sugar free Jello and sugar free snocones!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: Looking foward to Memorial Day with hotdogs and watermelon!

being sleeved by Dr. Davidson in dallas tx

on June 15th 2010!

Hey chelle, my surgery date is a week after yours and I'm also worried about the pre-op diet. I hate to admit it but I'm one of the lucky ones who gets to do a 2 week low carb high Protein pre-op diet so I KNOW I shouldn't be complaining. I guess I'm not complaining, I'm just worried that I won't be able to stick to it.

Maybe it will help you to be working and in school right up until you're surgery date. Hopefully this will give you something else to focus on during those tough moments. Although I'm as inexperienced at this whole thing as any other pre-op person, my advice would be that if you slip up on the pre-op diet, make sure it's a pure Protein like meat and not a carb. Carbs seem to be the big no-no for pre-op WLS patients so at least you'll know what to steer clear of. Good luck and congrats on your upcoming surgery!

Good luck you can do it. I had to do 2 week of just Clear Liquids only.

Whooo! I know I am nervous about it, i am going to ask if I can split my one meal into two small meals throughout the day and hopefully that will help throughout my menstrual week! But one by one we all get through the preop, so if everyone else can do it, so can I!!!!!!!

Its weird how different surgeons require different pre op diets, but some of it also depends on your starting weight. Theres people on here on 3 week pre op plans, but most seem to be the 2 week or 1 week ones, although theres a smaller percentage on just a couple of days pre op.

In the end I drove myself mad thinking about what mine would be, panicking it would be a longer one, but luckily I get a week one which i start on Thursday.

Good luck with it

yep i start my one week pre-op diet tomorrow(on my b day!!) but i am allowed to have some shakes with skim milk and even one can of 98% fat free Soup per day, that is pretty good, i was expecting a lot more just Clear Liquids, o yes i can have SF Jello and SF popcicles...which by the way that reminds me to go and set some jello now..haha!! Good luck everyone, WE CAN DO IT!!!!!