Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK folks, I'm still riding around on cloud 9 with newbie over enthusiasm! I wish I could bottle it up and give it away to any who wants it. :clap2:

I can feel my band at meal time, when I'm quickly full on so much less; but then I'm getting really hungry 2 hours later. From all I've read, I think I'll be ready for that fill at 6 weeks post-op.

The wake & funeral service for John's grandma are on Saturday; so we'll be heading to Gibson, NC for the day. Everyone has calmed down for now, but the weekend will be difficult for all. Thank you for your prayers and condolences!

Bible school has been a lot of fun this week, but also very tiring. Next year I'll take the week off from work for it!

Also, I have a good friend from church who is really interested in being banded. I'm going with her to a seminar on Monday, and I've given her this web address. Our numbers may be growing even more soon. :)

As you all have probably already got, I am NOT the most patient person in the world.

Does anyone know if Dr B sends his stuff in to UHC by fax or by letter?

I'm just trying to see if UHC has already lost something because when i called yesterday, the insurance lady said that she didnt see anything yet by fax or by regular mail.

I dont to call and ask, due to the latest history of constant emails to the.

Also,... they gave me the fax number to the approvals department. Kim, I already bet that you do have that, but just in case... I can send it to you.:omg: :lol:;) :speechles

Jill I'd be going nuts too!

OK I have a really funny story to tell you. Last night I was at a meeting in Harrisburg. There were lots of differen't venders there. I met this florist who looked kind of familiar. We were both at the buffet. I looked over at her plate and she had the tiniest piece of chicken and a few other things. In the mean time I've got a plate with Pasta cheese stick and a regular piece of chicken. I saw her plate and said I should eat like you. I landed up telling her that I had Lapband surgery and low and behold she said she did too....Then we realised we had met before...Can you guess who it was?

LOL!!! It was so fun running into you Dianne! You look absolutely AMAZING. Whatever you've been doing, it's obviously been WORKING!!!

Courtney

Oh no fair I was going to guess Court....Court we have missed you!!! Dianne in Harrisburg just minutes from me and I missed you. I am so SAD...

Ok so I got a little unfill and feel 100% better...know what that means I think I am @ my "green zone" as inamed would say. Let's hope it works. Now I have a horrible tooth ache. Went to the dentist yesterday and he gave me some meds and I got some pain meds. I was up til 2:30 last night in pain....Not this time I am taking the good stuff tonight and going to sleep.

Alright how you are all doing good...I am so sad I am going to miss lunch in July. I am SUPER sad about that.

Jill - they have to call and start a case first. A lot of times we don't even have to fax anything in if you meet the requirements. BMI is high, co-mordbities, etc...I can't tell the last time I actually had to fax something to them. Call Dr B's office and ask them for the Ref# for your case into UHC if they tell you they don't have one that means they haven't submitted it yet.

Hope you all have a great night...and weekend I don't get back here.

Hey...I didn't know Court was a florist!!! How cool is that?! Court, you really should come to another lunch. You and Sherrie. I think we scared her off.:eek:

Hi everybody! :wave:

It was way cool! Courtney, it was great seeing you!! I'll call you next week about getting together....MAYBE we could meet around lunch time next Friday and whoever can join us can....

We have 2 parties :) today.urgh. I'm exhausted!

I'm off to curves and then hopefully to buy a bra. I don't know about you guys and your hooters, but mine are still HUGE!!! DDD errrr no shrinkage there yet, no wonder why I lean forward and my back hurts. The last time I was measured the girl said I was a 36 DDD...I don't believe her and they didn't have a bra that size. I have to go find a good place to get the correct size.

Sorry TMI I"m sure for a Saturday morning.

Hi Everyone! Good to see Court back too!

We traveled to Gibson, NC for John's grandma's funeral service today. The church fed the family afterwards, and I had some hard choices. I opted for pot roast and a little green Beans. The pot roast was moist and tender, but it's the first meat I've eaten. I ate too fast, and may not have chewed quite as well as needed; it stuck for a few minutes. I got up and walked around outside. I didn't PB, but boy do I now know what it means to "slime"!

Oy, Karen! Be careful! I can't eat pot roast reheated. I know it's moist and tender but it's hard to chew but the smallest bite! I'm always super careful with that one.

Glad you are home. So sorry about John's Grandma.

Karen I'm glad things turned out alright.

I have alot of trouble with gas. I'm not sure what to take. NExium helps, plus it's required for 6 months post op. I'm at 4 months right now.

I have to get back on the Protein train. I feel and look flabby and my body doesen't look so hot to me, especially after a weekend in myrtle beach. Yikes. I'm pale, flabby, and have no booty to speak of. Guess I'm just destined to be a city girl cubicle dweller. I'm supposed to start my MBA tomorrow, does this mean I've grown up? I am really out of wack today.

Jennifer, you forget I've seen you in a bathing suit. :eek: Maybe you should try separates so you can get a big enough top and small enough bottom? Otherwise, I think you look just fine the way you are!

Jennifer & Wavy, I'll be out at CIC every Wed. 8 am - 12 noon for the next 6 weeks for work. Maybe we can get together for lunch?

Kim, if I don't see you at the seminar this evening, I'll see you on Friday. I will be sending you an e-mail at work in the mean time with a couple of Dr. V questions.

Kathy, thanks. Yep, I don't think I'll be eating any kind of non-ground beef again for a while. It wasn't painful, but it wasn't my idea of fun either!

Wavy, I bet you're on cloud 9 with your recent approval?

Court, we missed you at lunch last time.

Anyone seen Starr W?

Dianne, I miss you too!

Wooohoo!

Ya comin to CIC!

I usually get lunch at 12 so just email thru work and all work out some details.

I am driving eveyrone nuts round here :eek:

Karen - We can meet up - I can show you here I live from 8-5, it isn't pretty. I have to return tomorrow after being off since Thursday. What a bummer.

As for the bathing suit, the booty is worse then when you saw me last.

Pretty soon teh bones will be coming through the flesh. Why did the gift of booty skip my gene pool? I dont' even think 1 million lunges will make any difference at all. If I wasn't so lazy about shopping and trying clothes on, I'd go look for a new suit or tankini, but it's too much trouble.

I will just wear shorts over the suit I have.

Chloe's been sick on and off for about two weeks and we took her to the dr's and she has Bronchitis. We feel like such bad parents for letting her stay sick. She was always sick with her ears as a baby.

I have beach pictures if anyone wants me to send the link once I post them for my NY family to see.