Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone for Good Club - June 2006

LOL HeatherGurl! Better watch out or he'll send you out with one tomorrow!!

And I'm from Marshall (East Texas) but live in San Antonio. The wedding is at South Padre Island, which should be lots of fun!!

Welcome to Trip2beme and dcprincess! Glad to have you aboard!!

:rolleyes: Kristin

Mo - You're very welcome. I enjoy this club so much!

Kristin - I am 5'5, weigh 232 lbs, and I have 1cc in a 4cc band. Get that slight unfill, girl! You don't want to risk your band slipping or damage to your esophasgus from PBs. And you're weight loss will slow if you have to rely on higher calorie foods that you can get down.

Beacheegirl - Be cautious about overdoing it for now. Have you contacted an atty yet? I'm sure you'll be referred to therapy right? You might want to hold off on much activity until you hear what the therapist recommends. (I used to work for an accident and injury atty *grins*)

:welcomeB: to the GFG Club, Trip2bme - I've added you to the Members page. I really enjoyed your mini bio! I'm afraid to lose weight too. Tell ya what. let's just go for it anyway. If we don't like it when we get there, we can always gain it back! :rolleyes:

Dcprincess - You've come to the right place for butt kicking support! You said you wanted to join the club, BUT... So does that mean you dont want to join? If it's the challenge you aren't sure of, being a member of the GFG club doesn't require you to participate in the challenge. That's just an added fun thing we're doing. I hope you do want to stick with us, and if so do you want your stats on the Members Page (page one, post 1)?

Mystjin - Those pics were made with Microsoft GIF Animator, which you can DL for free. Just Google it. I opened .jpgs in MS Paint, saved as a .gif, added the gifs to the Animator. Then you just adjust the timing on each frame and there ya have it. Enjoy! I hope to see one from you soon! hehe

HeatherGurl - You suck! :pound:

WOW!!! and double WOW!!! P'Nut said the site has grown a lot since she started here -- but in what? a week it has jumped tremendously!!!

HELLO and WELCOME to everybody who has jumped in for this challenge!

Kristen, also have a 4cc band. I have 2.2cc's in mine. I'm 5'9 and weigh 209 currently. I think it's just different for everyone. I don't think I'm too tight, I PB when I'm nota good Bandster and eat too fast, don't chew enough, or just take the one extra bite cause it taste so darn good. Really all my own fault, not the bands. Hope the unfill works out good for you!

Those swimsuits sound like they will look good on ya! Lots of the ones I tied on this year were not working with my boobs, they were coming out the sides in some of the smaller halters. So you are lucky and they should look great on you. I also got just a plain black Speedo to be more sporty in and do my laps in. I really love it. I wear these cute Champion black sport shorts over my suit, I got both at Acadamy(that's in San Antonio, where I am right now, and I got lots of cute "sporty" clothes for working out and to wear this summer) I got the black shorts and the green, yellow, and white, lol, can you tell I really like them? Haha

Kristin I am worried sick. Get better girl!!! I want to see a post as soon as you get home telling us you are all ok LOL You have a bathing suit to wear!!

Yesterday was an interesting day. As some of you know, with the illness I had last week I lost a lot of work time and money. Not to mention the fortune we paid in presriptions (god those narcotics are expensive!!). Yesterday I spent 2 full hours just going over my budget to make sure that I can still cover my apron removal surgery. The good news!! I can!! The bad news...I am not sure how!! LOL Sounds strange right? The weird thing is, DH and I get paid on the day of my surgery. I will be in Mexico though. LOL And a small (albiet much needed) portion of these checks need to cover the last part of my surgery. Pray for me that I figure out a solution. LOL I am rippin my hair out over here. The other good news...I actually will have enough left over so hat when I get home I am going to do a spa day for myself, hire the housecleaners to come in once a week for two months, and buy me some new down pillows. I figured I would really treat myself after the surgery LOL Any other suggestions on what I should do for myself when I get back? New clothes? some jewelry? (costume of course) that hunky plumber from desperate housewives? oh...might not have enough money for that one. hmmmmm.

I fianlly posted my swimsuit pics on page 2 of the challenge but, of course, can't figure out how to get the to actually post without having to click on them.

Anywho...

Funny, I am SOOO excited for you about your surgery. I am sure you will get it all figured out. Do you use Wellsfargo? They do cash advances as do credit card companies.

Kristin, do you go to St. Mary's? You live just up the street. I am in Austin. I went to University of Houston Law Center.

Kristin~

I am 5'-10", 10cm band that will hold 4cc, and I have 2.2 cc's currently.

The past few days the band has been a bit finicky. I seem a little bit tighter than normal. Nothing bad, but I don't know what is going on. Not my TOM either. So I am taking it easy. I was able to eat a lot on Saturday evening... and I must have made something swollen...

Off to tan girls... later!

Well, it seems I have a bit of an NSV today.

The wife went out to buy me more pants... and it seems I am no longer a memeber of the "Big and Tall" section.

It seems she had to visit the 'Regular Sized Human" section to buy them.

:rockon:

Yay! I saw a new low this morning. I know it's only Tuesday, but I'm gonna "claim" this one. I'm desperate, but patient, for 179. Hubby knows this, so when I said 'I hit a new low this morning" he said, very hopefully "really?" and I said "One Eighty point Eight" and he laughed. Just how many 2 tenths of a point are there to get to 179?!!!! I'm hitting each of them! LOL But I'm getting there. Yay!

The best me - H 242/ S 223/ J 188/ C 180.8 (-61.2 lbs total, -.6 this week)

Hey P'Nut -- could you REVIEW the rules for all of our new awesome members?! Things like hit delete after typing in a number so the week doesn't roll over to the next line and that you can only get points starting the DAY you offically joined. Thanks -- a friendly face asked these questions - after just joining. Oh - and getting rid of all the signatures in regular posts ....

How to fill in your scorecards. (using a sample score card)

Step One

Place the cursor in the middle of the line after the date (the red V by 5-31 indicates where to place the cursor)

Points earned for Rule 1

For each day that you drink a minimum of 64oz of Water, you earn 1 point.

You may earn a bonus of 5 points for a perfect week.

6-01__V___6-02_____6-03_____6-04_____6-05_____6-06_____6-07_____ Bonus____Week's Total_____

6-08_____6-09_____6-10_____6-11_____6-12_____6-13_____6-14_____ Bonus____Week's Total_____

6-15_____6-16_____6-17_____6-18_____6-19_____6-20_____6-21_____ Bonus____Week's Total_____

6-22_____6-23_____6-24_____6-25_____6-26_____6-27_____6-28_____ Bonus____Week's Total_____

Step Two

Type the number of points you earned.

Points earned for Rule 1

For each day that you drink a minimum of 64oz of Water, you earn 1 point.

6-01__1___6-02_____6-03_____6-04_____6-05_____6-06_____6-07_____ Bonus____Week's Total_____

6-08_____6-09_____6-10_____6-11_____6-12_____6-13_____6-14_____ Bonus____Week's Total_____

6-15_____6-16_____6-17_____6-18_____6-19_____6-20_____6-21_____ Bonus____Week's Total_____

6-22_____6-23_____6-24_____6-25_____6-26_____6-27_____6-28_____ Bonus____Week's Total_____

Step three

Notice that the line is one space too long now. If the space isn't removed you will have a screwy looking score card when the lines grow even longer with each day's points you type in. So, before moving your cursor, press the delete key on your keyboard to remove the extra space.

Points earned for Rule 1

For each day that you drink a minimum of 64oz of water, you earn 1 point.

6-01__1__6-02_____6-03_____6-04_____6-05_____6-06_____6-07_____ Bonus____Week's Total_____

6-08_____6-09_____6-10_____6-11_____6-12_____6-13_____6-14_____Bonus____Week's Total_____

Other tips for making your card a bit fancier:

While your number is selected (click and drag mouse pointer over the number) you can change its color by selecting a color from the drop box by the A button in the edit window.

You can also make it bold by typing Ctrl and B at the same time or by clicking once on the B button in the edit window.

You can also underline the number by typing Ctrl and U at the same time or by clicking on the U button in the edit window.

I hope this has helped. If anyone needs further help, PM me. I'll be happy to lead you through it.

Way to go dawg and kathy!!! Both are having awesome days!!!

I am having a down day. I feel really fat today. Hey look at that! its cause I am LOL I am just having a low esteem day. I think it is cause I am in the middle of TOM and really very ready to be over it.

A reminder about signature lines.

Signature lines are awesome! I love seeing how creative everyone gets and even more so I really love seeing everyone's progress in their tickers.

However, when we do these kinds of threads that continue to grow for a whole month, all of the signature lines begin to make it difficult for people on dial-up to read all of the posts because it takes so long to load each page. So we ask that you not include your signature line in every post. Only your first post for each month. Remember, this is only for our GFG thread. Below you'll see screen shots that will show you where the "Show my signature" options are. Click on the check mark to turn it off.

post-206886-13813133741337_thumb.jpg

post-205630-13813133528581_thumb.png

I'm just checking in here. I'm doing pretty good on the Water and exercise front, but the food front is just kickin my arse! There is an icecream shop just downstairs from the school and its soooooo hot these days...excuses I know....I'm trying harder...starting...NOW!

Guess what, guess what?! I went walking again today. My friend and I walked the entire upper level of the mall, then I walked down the escalators (they weren't on yet) and then quickly walked up the other side! 30 stairs! I thought for sure I'd tire at least half way up. But I did it! And then we walked the mall again! I know it's not 16 miles on a bike or 200 leg lifts (raspberries all the super jocks in the club) but for me it was a HUGE accomplisment. Each day I'm going to do those escalaters and try to work my way up to doing the complete loop (down and up again) 5 times. I'll let ya know when I reach that goal! hehe

I even tanned again today. And Dawg and I are going to the gym tonight. I'm FINALLY getting fired up again about exercising. July 9th will be my 6 month bandiversary and I hope to lose 15 pounds by then. That will put me at 217 and 90 pounds down!! WOOT!!

Can you say motivated???!!!!