Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally Orientation date

Came and went. I had orientation with So Cal Kaiser today. So much info and well worth it. I have all the paperwork to fill out and fax tomorrow morning to the center. Hopefully I can get into the June 12 week class, for there are some slots still open.

So, it is 12 weeks of classes, 10% weight loss, do all labs and complete other things as well. I am ready. I already began my walking, watching what I eat and so on.

I hope everyone is doing well and had a great weekend.

If anyone has any questions about KAISER please don't hesitate to ask. I went to the Bellflower facility. Private message me.

Good night

Sounds like you are ready! Congrats on the next step and good luck on your weight loss and exercise.

Thank you and I wish you well ....

Sounds like you are ready! Congrats on the next step and good luck on your weight loss and exercise.

Good for you. I went through Kaiser. Don't bother losing anything now, because they only start counting the weight on your first weigh in. And every weigh in after that you must show you have lost weight. So, For the first day, wear your heavy clothes to give yourself some breathing room to lose that 10%. They are very strict about it. Best of luck.

Thank you.

Welllllllll!!!!!! Last Friday I had the appt. to meet w/ one of the coordinators. I gained 4 freaking pounds. I was distraught I couldn't stay focused. But all in all I made it through. We went about the meeting smoothly and I was told how to come in and weight, be sure i have my food chart and signing in. I will begin the 12 week classes on July 20. Yippppeeeeee!!!!! I am very excited. I will lose my 4lbs before class though; only because I have been that weight since Nov. 2007 when I finished the Optifast class. No Biggeeee. I am choosing to go with Pacific Bariatric in San Diego because I do not want to wait six months for Kaiser to have surgery.

Okay, just know I am happy and I tell everyone about this site. You all out there are an awesome people. I have learned so much here. I mentioned it to the coordinator and she never heard of the site. Go figure, lolololol. But it was written down on my questionnaire, so I know she's been here. lololol

Good for you. I went through Kaiser. Don't bother losing anything now, because they only start counting the weight on your first weigh in. And every weigh in after that you must show you have lost weight. So, For the first day, wear your heavy clothes to give yourself some breathing room to lose that 10%. They are very strict about it. Best of luck.

Good luck - and keep walking.... every bit you can do before your surgery means its less to do after, and will put you in a better position for the surgery.

My Dr likes an hour of walking a day pre op... so my dog will have no legs left I reckon!!

Keep us informed how you get on

Kathy