Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know that Target sells soda flavored ice pops. They have Diet Dr. Pepper, Diet Sunkist, and another one that I can't remember right now. If you are really craving the flavor, you could try those. I know a girl who was addicted to diet dr. pepper, and she used the ice pops to satisfy her cravings! Hope this helps!

I have one of those Soda Maker thingies, where you buy the Syrup for making the soda, and use a carbon dioxide cannister for the fizzy part. Now I'm going to have to see what it tastes like making the drinks (without carbonation) into ice pops! Because I have diabetes, I gave up sugar three years ago, so at least I've already adjusted to diet beverages. Ice pops would be perfect for summer though, since it gets absolutely oven-hot around here. May have to try it with Crystal Light, too. My current favorites are White Grape and Peach Mango Green Tea. Thanks for the idea!

Hi everyone! I am going strong w/ no more carbonated drinks, especially DP. I start my pre-opt diet tomorrow, and thought I would start my Decaf trip late Saturday. So, my question is when does the caffeine withdrawal headache go away??? I have had it for two days!

Hi everyone! I am going strong w/ no more carbonated drinks, especially DP. I start my pre-opt diet tomorrow, and thought I would start my Decaf trip late Saturday. So, my question is when does the caffeine withdrawal headache go away??? I have had it for two days!

It took about 7 days for my headache to wear off when I stopped my 40+oz coffee habit.

My caffeine withdrawal headache is beginning to subside, and I can't tell you how weird it is to try to start a new habit. It must be working, b/c I went to the dietician yesterday for my pre-opt education and have already lost 5 pounds. What a way to start the process! I have 13 days until my surgery, and a new life awaits me on the other side!

Thanks everyone for the information. I have been w/o for 3 days, and going strong. I really think the craving is in my head. I feel horrible after drinking one, but I still drink them. This is the motivation that I need.

Three days! GREAT. I too am hooked on DP. I'm scheduled for 6/4/2010 and have been slowly cutting back. I'm down to 3 a day and hope to be down to 2 by next week. For me, cutting back was easier than going cold turkey. When you have a terrible craving, just remember why you are doing this and that it is so worth it.

I used to be addicted to coke or pepsi.......since the operation I dont crave them anymore. I do have the odd one and it takes me 1 hr or more to drink but I dont need it like i used to

I'm 5 weeks out, and when I see someone drinking a diet soda my mouth begins to salivate...lol

But, I gave up soda when I was pregnant both times and lived through it...I can give it up again. I drink crystal lite if I feel like I cant stand it.

Sleeved: 4/7/2010

Highest weight: 365

Surgery weight: 349

Todays weight: 321

One tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to one cup of warm Water. Drink it to get rid of the headaches related to withdrawal. Old wives remedy from my Mom.

Girl, I feel your pain. I am addicted to the evil Dr. Pepper also. I have been telling myself that I need to start weening myself off of them so I won't have to go cold turkey but I can't seem to stop drinking them. I do good for a couple of days then the craving for a ice cold Sonic Dr. Pepper creeps up on me and I have to get one. We can do this!!!!!!

Girl, I feel your pain. I am addicted to the evil Dr. Pepper also. I have been telling myself that I need to start weening myself off of them so I won't have to go cold turkey but I can't seem to stop drinking them. I do good for a couple of days then the craving for a ice cold Sonic Dr. Pepper creeps up on me and I have to get one. We can do this!!!!!!

It's the ice! I swear! So now I go to Sonic (everyday, yes they know me by name) but instead of my DP, I get ice Water w/Lime or unsweet tea w/Lime. Right now it's all Water. Dr. says no caffeine until after the surgery, so my headache is now gone, and I am actually feeling pretty good. Funny thing though, at the dietician on Tuesday I had already lost 5 pounds in just two weeks. I swear I have been eat a ton of "last meals", but I think it is a great sign of the future!

:thumbup: