Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need goals

I have had to put off some running goals cause of my exercise induced asthma. I am going to see a pulmonologist but for now, I cant really do much. But in the gym I just feel lost now. I have no real goals and I need them to feel motivated. Who has goals? What are they?

I was whining about not being able to get started on any exercise and Mini started a thread in this forum called what are you doing to get moving? Each week I put in my goals and then report at the end of the week. I don't know what things you'd be able to do with your asthma, but you should look at those and see if it sparks ideas for you.

what about a 5k? i tried the couch to 5k program but still wound up walking it since it was pre-op and i was at my heaviest. i've only walked one but even then it was fun, i did it with a friend. or try something new? at my gym there is a class called total strength and i'm excited to try it...

i think i will definitely do a 5k again. that seems achievable. and i'll check out that thread about the goals... good luck you've done so well!

I was thinking about it. I can run about a mile at a time before my asthma flares (then I have to slow down for a few minutes). I could take walking breaks. I also have an appointment with a pulmonologist this month to see if there is any meds to help. I did most of couch to 5 k but ended up having to stop because of asthma. Maybe it would be good to get back or at least aim to run the 5 k

Is there a trainer at your gym you can talk with? Maybe you could take a fitness test with them and they could help you establish a routine to help you meet some goal with weights, flexibility, pull-ups, those crunches where you swing your legs up, etc. and then you can re-test in about 3 months. I totally understand the need for a goal. Good luck!

Yeah I see a trainer twice a week. I was thinking more of a event I was training for or something. I am still thinking about it.