Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

no weight loss...help me please

HI!, I had my surgery on april 9. I have lost about 10 pds on the first week then.....nothing! AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGG!

I am know eating normal food, cut in little pieces. The scale won't go down for 2 weeks now, I am so upset!!!

I try to track my food on fitday.com and I realized that I am below 50-60 gr of proteine a day. The problem is that I can't tolerate Protein suppl. I am around 50 gr of glucids and 25 gr of fat each day.....

And I don't feel any restriction with Water, is it normal?

Pros of the sleeve....please help me!:redface1:

Hi my name is Sonia and I am from Canada too. I Was sleeved March 16th. I lost 10lbs the first week and a half then the scale never moved for two weeks. I am now down 17.5 lbs. This is the best way to lose, your body will love you for it. I don't have any Water restriction my self either, all though I can't down a 10 oz of water at one time I can drink a whole glass in a couple of gulps. I thought great got this surgery and I still can't loss what is wrong with me. But one day a got on the scale and I went down 3lbs then the next day I went down another lb. Sonia

i am one week post op and have lost .4 lbs. I'm trying not to get discouraged but I could have done that and still kept my stomach.

Stacey

Stacey - don't panic, you are probably retaining fluids from the surgery. You will see a large "whooosh" soon.

Hi...I'm only 4 weeks post op, so I'm not a long term sleever--but I'm an expert dieter and I've got a few ideas that may help. When you lost that 10 pounds in the first week, it wasn't all fat. A lot of what you lost was Water because your sodium level was probably a lot lower right after surgery. I have confidence that your body is continuing to burn fat, but you are probably regaining some of the initial Water that you lost. I lost 9 pounds in the first few days after surgery, and then I didn't lose a pound for over a week. Since then, I've been steadily dropping 3-4 pounds a week. The other thing for me is that certain weeks of the month, I will NEVER lose an ounce because I'm retaining Fluid, and then the next week I lose. Try not to get discouraged!

As for your problem with the protein: I had stomach cramps and diarrhea with several different brands from the health food store. I ordered powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored Protein powder over the internet. It was the smartest thing I've ever done. It's pure whey Protein Isolate, which is easier to digest than the ones that contain WP concentrate. I can't tell you how much better it's worked for me--it's worth trying, because if you don't get enough protein, you will probably lose a lot of muscle mass and hair.

Shoot me an email and let me know what happens: kattjohns@aol.com

Stacey - don't panic, you are probably retaining fluids from the surgery. You will see a large "whooosh" soon.

I'm trying not to. I know in my head that I have to have lost weight. I havent eaten in 7 days!!! My stomach feels bloated and my bowels havent moved since surgery (sorry TMI) so I'm sure thats it. Its just we all have such irrational thinking when it comes to this stuff.

Thanks for the encouragement

Girl you need a good poop. . take something, Miralax, or magnesium citrate or something. . you have to move those bowels. . .not only will you feel sooooo much better but you may lose a couple of pounds. . .i was told that taking the Calcium supplements plus the Protein will constipate you big time. . . sooooo after doing some research, i stopped taking my calcium supplement and "halleluia". . . good luck. . . keep us posted and know that we are all here for you. . .

I have struggled with Constipation my whole life. I started on Greek Yougart today so I'm hoping something gives soon. I was hoping to take the natural route but things are getting pretty uncomfortable. My roommate is pregnant and constipated. She came home from work today and told me about the TWO gigantic poops she had today. I really wanted to be her. Of course I've been living on straight protien and taking my Calcium supplemets. I don't want to skip the calcium though.... its so important. I guess pooping is too.

I have struggled with Constipation my whole life. I started on Greek Yougart today so I'm hoping something gives soon. I was hoping to take the natural route but things are getting pretty uncomfortable. My roommate is pregnant and constipated. She came home from work today and told me about the TWO gigantic poops she had today. I really wanted to be her. Of course I've been living on straight protien and taking my Calcium supplemets. I don't want to skip the calcium though.... its so important. I guess pooping is too.

In the spirit of TMI :thumbup: ... When my son was a newborn, he was constipated. The doctor had me mix in 2 teaspoons of Karo Corn Syrup into his bottle. Without getting too graphic, let's just say the next day his bowels "let go". Maybe that would help.