Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you tell me what's going on......

:cursing::cursing: Am I the only person in history that had VSG surgery and still can't loose weight?????????????

Y.E.S.

I am almost 2 months post-op and to date I have only lost 12 pounds. I went in at 220 and lost the first 12 within 2 weeks, and after that nothing. I totally understand that I might hit a stall, but I haven't seen ANYONER STALL this long.

The sad truth is my body just doesn't work anymore. I had the lapband and had it removed after 1 1/2 yrs because I wasn't loosing any weight and now with the sleeve the same thing is happening. It's not the surgeries, it's my body. I eat Protein first, for ex: today at lunch I had a few bites of chicken breast and that was it. For Breakfast I had two sausauge link, I ate 1 at 7:30 then ate another one at 8:00 For my snack I had Protein coffee......

I really don't know what to do at this point, my sugar levels are acting really weird. Today I was running low at 65 and 57, but yesterday I was between 97-120, and the day before that I was a little low. Something isn't working and I don't know what........

WHY DID THIS HAPPEN TO ME, WHY CAN'T I BE NORMAL LIKE U GUYS???:thumbup1::confused1::001_tt1::confused1::confused1::confused1:

Do you have a local doctor that you can talk to? Or a nutritionist?

Could you be diabetic? Not sure if that would have any effect on the dieting? When my husband lost just 20 pounds, his diabetes became very managable. And the sleeve diet isn't so different than the diabetic one my dh does.

Have you tried increasing your calories for a couple of days? And then going back to the normal program? Are you walking at all? My second month was very slow.

Good Luck! I hope you are able to get some answers!

Sounds like you need to see your PCP. If you are getting 60-70 g of Protein, drinking 64 oz. of fluids. and keeping your calories at 500-600, then you should be losing weight. Good luck.

I would definitely request getting tested for insulin resistance. It's very common, and many patients that have the diagnosis are given meds, and the weight starts coming off.

If you are tracking your food and Water intake, and you're getting in 60 gr of Protein, less than 30-40gr of carbs, and 64oz of Water with 600-800 calories per day, then there maybe something metabolic going on.

I know you're frustrated, but there can be an answer for you. It kind of sounds like you aren't getting in enough calories. Do you access to a nutritionist that can help you with a new meal plan? That's where I would start, first with insulin resistance testing, and then meeting a nutritionist to get a meal plan.< /span>

:cursing::cursing: Am I the only person in history that had VSG surgery and still can't loose weight?????????????

Y.E.S.

I am almost 2 months post-op and to date I have only lost 12 pounds. I went in at 220 and lost the first 12 within 2 weeks, and after that nothing. I totally understand that I might hit a stall, but I haven't seen ANYONER STALL this long.

The sad truth is my body just doesn't work anymore. I had the lapband and had it removed after 1 1/2 yrs because I wasn't loosing any weight and now with the sleeve the same thing is happening. It's not the surgeries, it's my body. I eat Protein first, for ex: today at lunch I had a few bites of chicken breast and that was it. For Breakfast I had two sausauge link, I ate 1 at 7:30 then ate another one at 8:00 For my snack I had Protein coffee......

I really don't know what to do at this point, my sugar levels are acting really weird. Today I was running low at 65 and 57, but yesterday I was between 97-120, and the day before that I was a little low. Something isn't working and I don't know what........

WHY DID THIS HAPPEN TO ME, WHY CAN'T I BE NORMAL LIKE U GUYS???:thumbup1::confused1::001_tt1::confused1::confused1::confused1:

YOU are normal like us! You may be eating too little and your body is in starvation mode. . try eating a bit more say to 800 calories a day. . are you exercising? and finally are you weighing too often? Don't stress over this sleeve thing, it's working for you cause your not eating much, your definately not eating as much as you used too. . are you hungry? Your blood sugars are normal, the low ones are probably due to not having eatten much that day. . bet your didn't feel too good either, dizzy, nausea, etc. . . try not stressing over your weight loss, let nature take it's course, enjoy your sleeve, eat a bit more and don't weigh for about 1 week, then see what happens ok? And as most of the forum here mentioned, maybe you need to talk to your doctor and nutritionist to get more advise. . . Your going to be ok. . good luck and keep us posted.:cursing:

Thanks Ladies,

I'm a diabetic and I take 2 pills a day and byetta twice a day and insulin at night. Since my sugars are diiping low they want to decrease some of the meds. The sad part is my sleeve doctor don't have a nut on staff, but my diabetes dr, does have a nut however that nut doesn't know anything about the sleeve. I had to explain to her what the VSG was. So my diabetes nut want my calories at 1200 but my sleeve doctor would like my calories to stay between 800-900/day. The nut wants me to eat some good carbs but the sleeve doctor preach Protein first and foremost. If there is room for some veggies then just a little bit, but there isn't any room for anything else after the first couple of bites.

Everybody is on a different page and I'm lost in the middle...............

Bless your heart. . . you sound so frustrated. . but it looks like you sleeve nut advice isn't working too good as you see. . so what is it going to hurt now to try what you diabetes nut says and try the 1200 calories and see what will happen. . .and yes, do the Proteins first, veggies next and then the other carbs. . . drink lots of liquids especially Water. Know that we are here for you

Ohhhhhhhhhh Thinoneday how do I get 1200 calories in without eating carbs, I'm trying so hard to keep my sugar levels down. If i eat anymore my sleeve is going to burst open. I don't know what to eat that has Protein but low carbs...............

Can you eat chicken/tuna/egg salad? You can use miracle whip lite for super low carb and fat option? That was my go to food for high protein/low carb. cheese sticks, can you drink/tolerate the Protein shakes/mixes? Most have 140+ calories, low carb and high protein. Protein Bars by Oh Yeah are a low carb, higher calorie option.

Ohhhhhhhhhh Thinoneday how do I get 1200 calories in without eating carbs, I'm trying so hard to keep my sugar levels down. If i eat anymore my sleeve is going to burst open. I don't know what to eat that has Protein but low carbs...............

LOL. . .honey your sleeve won't burst open. . but i know what your saying. . actually i totally understand, it sure does feel like it'll burst. . . but this is what i do and i get some good calories in. . .

breakfast : Protein shake (I love EAS ready to drink) 300 calories, 47 g Protein

lunch : Dannon Lite N Fit yogurt 4 oz (60 calories) and 1 4oz SF Jello (10 cal)

snack : 2 Sergento Pepper Jack cheese sticks (80 cal each)

dinner : 2 oz salmon, or tuna, or whatever kind of meat, 2-4 oz of curried eggplant, or brussel sprouts or whatever veggie, and small amount (2 TBSP) of rice (about 300 - 350 cal)

Snack : 3 TBSPN mixed nuts ( 180 cal)

Total for the day 1,060 calories of GOOD calories. . . .

Just a suggestion. . . good luck honey!