Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

a bat bit my daughter

Goodness, as a mother and a preschool teacher, I can definitely say that your story is terrifying! I hate that your little girl is going to have to have the shots, but you are definitely doing the right thing! I just admire you for keeping your cool! I would've probably freaked out and made things a lot worse for everybody. Please let us know how your daughter is doing, and what your husband finds at the daycare.

Roni they will have to notify the State Health Department and that will definitely get an investigation rolling. Myra

Hi Roni,

thanks for acting so fast! :clap2:

Here is some more reading for you- don't know Texas to well so I don't know how far this is away from you. Hopefully the whole state...:nervous

http://www.harriscountyhealth.com/

And make sure your husband has leather gloves with him tomorrow- don't wan't anything to happen to him.

Godspeed and hugs to your little one.

As a mother, I can imagine how scared you are! Glad you're being pro-active and getting the treatment right away. Let us know if your hubby finds anything. The idea of getting a photo of bat poop for him to look for is a great idea too.

Keep us posted.

Roni,

Glad you acted fast and called the doctor. I hope your hubby finds some answers for you tomorrow. I will be keeping you and your little one in my prayers.

I bet you have alrealdy gone to the ER. I hope you can disassociate these shots from what happened with the "birdie". It would be sad if she became terrified of birds that happen to flly around her. Perhaps you can say that Its always a good idea to get a physical check up when you turn a certain age as a matter of good health or something like that. and This time it turned out to be her turn to get another vaccination or something like that. You know your daughter best. Some children are better off with a matter of fact, you have a suspicious cut and the bird may have caused it so we are going to check it out. Others need more creatilve explanations. OH oH my liptop is spazzing

Your little girl is adorable! This is like a nightmare. Poor thing! Good luck tomorrow, and be brave. My family will say an extra prayer for you tonight!

Blessings!

I'm sorry for the way I cut our earlier, my laptop crashed bad!!! But for your little sweetie, I'm praying that this will all fade from her memory and the only memory from this will be that something happened and my mom and dad took real good care of me.

Bless her heart, so precious to articulate all the info, he scooted away, and he had ears and all. So observant and attention to all those details!! You have a very smart baby there!! Bless you too, hope you aren't too shaken, Its like a mom to be fully in charge and then when all the danger has passed, thats when mommies fall apart! Were here for you if that should happen too OK? Hope to hear soon!!

Roni, you and your dd are in our prayers tonight. Please keep us updated.

You might ask her what kind of feathers the "bird" had.

I'm sure everthing is going well now. You did an excellent job with listening to your dd. Good Job MOM!!!

ok everyone...all i can say is PHEWWWWWW!!

after hanna slept on all of this, we took her to the daycare this morning and found out that yesterday she kept approaching the bird cage..a dark gray cockatiel maybe(?) I don't know what kind of bird it is, but she kept getting introuble. well, the teacher said that hanna and another little girl put their fingers in the cage and the bird bit hanna. the teacher snapped at hanna, and hanna cried. this was the first time hanna has ever been in trouble at school. and it just happens that they read a book about bats a few days ago...go figure...

i am really grateful for all of your prayers and well wishing. maybe it was your prayers that helped us to get this resolved before my baby had to endure those shots.

thank goodness this was a false alarm, but i really got a quick education in this area.

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

False Alarms are the best. Now you can pick your heart up off the floor.

I have a huge grin on my face and can't tell you how glad I am for you and Hanna.

Myra

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: