Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

a bat bit my daughter

What a sweetie and so typical!! I am also thankful our prayers were answered and she doesn't need the shots. Now is the time to let it all out mom!! You are a great mother!! :clap2:

I am very relieved that your doctor ordered the vaccines. It is imperitive that the day care be "scoured" for signs of bats. If I were in your shoes, I would also call the county health dept (if your doctor hasn't already) to let them know. Whether or not your husband finds anything, there is a possiblility that other children may have touched the animal. Both birds and bats are known rabies carriers and if either were close enough to be touched, it sounds like a sick animal. I'll be praying for your daughter, She'll be fine now that she is on the shots.

I'm SO glad everything turned out OK. She's blessed to have a mom who is so on top of things. Our children are the most precious things in the world!

Emily

Thank God.

I've been so worried for you and for your daughter. When I read it was a bird in a cage in the classroom I burst into tears! She's not my child, and I don't even know you, but I cried hard in relief!

Thank you Lord for delivering this innocent, precious, baby from harms way.

Good job Mom. I know lots of parents who would have heard, but not heard that statement from their 'baby'.

I bet you keep catching your breath and taking a big ol' sigh of relief, huh? LOL

I just read this and I have been freaking out!!! With ALL of the reports of recent bat bites in Houston, I have been SO scared for you.

Thank God it was a false alarm!!!

as a matter of fact, i still have not stopped thinking about how lucky we are. i mean, not just that this was a false alarm, but how lucky we are to have happy, healthy kids. and a house, and food to feed the kids, and love, and etc etc etc.

i carried one of her baby snapshots this morning, just to look at it. she had crawled under the legspace of the desk at home and was just sitting there, looking sweet, so i snapped the shot. she must have been 8 months or so...very cute!

i keep coming back to this thread and looking at everyone's comments. you know, this is really a great community of people, and to see how everyone keeps checking back for the updates really shows that their concern is genuine.

thanks again everyone...

I'm so glad things have worked out. My sister went through that series of shots--but that was over 50 years ago. (Surely things have improved, right?) Monday through Friday, she went to the doctor's office. But on the weekend--in those days--she had to show up at the county health department. She came in the door crying and squirming and screaming and the nurse grabbed her by the shoulders and yelled at her, four years old, to stop crying. My mother FIRST asked, if another nurse was on duty. The nasty nurse said, "Yes, but she isn't going to want to hear this either!" My mother drew back her arm and hit the nasty nurse--really hard--with her purse and said, "But SHE isn't busy licking her own wounds and YOU are. Get her."

Editing to add...these days, they'd BOTH have gone to jail. But really...grabbing and yelling at a four-year-old who was smart enough to know she wasn't going to like what was about to happen...

Big Huge Sighs of RELIEF!!! I'm SO glad everything turned out ok. Geesh Mini. *hugs*

Can I cry now? I always fall apart AFTER the crisis is over.

*goes off to a quiet place to cry*

Roni,

I am so happy for you and your daughter. Kids have good imaginations and it is amazing what they can come up with when they get into trouble.

((((hugs)))) to you both!

WHEW!!! Mini me Im dandcing.. uh huh.. go baby ,, uh huh .