Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 2lbs up from my preop weight. Now... this didn't bother me at first. My abdomen is still a bit swollen and sore so I figured it was just swollen tissue. but its been 5 days now and I'm still up 2lbs. It looks like the norm is to loose a significant amount in the first few weeks. I'm still on clears, mostly clear protien and a little apple juice.

Any thoughts?

Stacey

I would have to say it's just rebound Water weight, and it'll drop off soon. With all of my complications, I was pumped full of fluids, and went from 263 to 297 while in ICU. Those pounds started melting off over the following week or so, but I came home at a few pounds heavier than I was pre-op. It drops off, I promise. You're doing great.

Just reiterating what Tiff said, the saline seems to stay in your body for a little while and then there is BAM a magic day, when I came home and was feeling uber sick my Mom was staying with me and could tell I was disappointed and after a few days got out my scale and it was a dramatic and sudden change. It really will happen.

Yea... I know its impossible for it to be fat. My belly is distended and swollen still. I'm just really paranoid that I might have a problem because it seems that others haven't experienced this much swelling and tenderness this far out. My mind goes crazy and I imagine that I have a leak or I'm not healing properly or some such nonsense. I know its just my own neurosis. I've actually done pretty good recovery wise. I'm just worried about this swollen belly.

thanks

stacey

I was really swollen for 3 weeks. And you will have that swelling inside for a long time too. Don't forget how traumatic this all was to your body and that your body will hang onto weight for a little while because it is ensuring that you are okay. Put the scale away lady! The swelling the weight all normal. Just try to relax.

Thanks.... I think I just needed someone to say the swelling was normal.

I understand. One day fluids didn't feel comfortable when they went down and I was SURE that I had a leak. I had to get several reassurances on here and no ma'am I was okay and I'm sure you will be too!

I am really trying to avoid the scale after reading so many posts regarding early weight loss. Not sure I can pull it off, since I have always been a scale whore, but I am going to weigh in only monthy or at doctor's visits.

I am really trying to avoid the scale after reading so many posts regarding early weight loss. Not sure I can pull it off, since I have always been a scale whore, but I am going to weigh in only monthy or at doctor's visits.

You just made me die! I am a scale whore of EPIC proportions. And now I have a name for my particular disorder!!!! :blush:

Since am an international patient and staying at a hotel here, i cant seem to put my hand on a scale. Its driving me crazy, yet i think its the best thing not having it around during those 2 first weeks. I am being weighed in tomorrow for the first time tomorrow, so lets see what happens. But i totally relate to what u guys r saying, because my tommy is also swollen and it makes me feel like i have not lose any weight. Though i can feel it in my clothes and other parts of my body. So PATIENCE.. i say :blush:

Am sure we'll get there in no time ... good luck.

I love love love it!!!

Yes I too am a scale whore. There were times when I would weight more than once a day, just wanting to see if I'd pushed through the Water retention after Yoga etc... Its been an obsession for so long. How does one say goodby to a life time of whoredome? I think I'll weigh in two weeks, just to get that post op rush, then go to monthly.

I am a self-proclaimed scale whore, and have been since coming home from the hospital. Hell, once I was out of ICU in the hospital, and I went on my walks, I stopped by the scale in the hall 2-3 times a day.

Now, I loathe the scale, but that's for a different reason. But, through my losing stage, I weighed up to 6 times a days.

It kept me accountable, it gave me something to look forward to, and I know others can't do it, but I couldn't give up my scale whoredom for anything ! ! !

when i left the hospital, 3 days out, I had gained 3 lbs. 5 days out I was the same weight as when I went into the hospital. The I lost 2 lbs a day for two weeks. Weird.

I certainly didn't feel like I had lost any weight when I got home after surgery, and was totally amazed to see that the number was lower. I thought for sure there would be Water retention from the surgery and iv's.

I weigh every morning - sometimes it is up, sometimes it is down - some days it is exactly the same! My obsession tho is wanting to weigh immediately after the poop shoot empties, since I don't go very often. I am always just positive that the scale should show a half pound or full pound less. So far, it hasn't. LOL

It will happen! Just a little more patience : )

Thats so funny. I have done the before and after poop weigh too. This thread should be called "Confessions of a scale Whore"