Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else sleeved on or around Feb 27th 2010?

Anyone else sleeved on or around Feb 27th 2010? It would be nice to find someone who was 'done' the same time as me xx

Missy! I am a month behind you but just saw how much you are down. I can not wait to hit the 50 lb mark!!!! You go!!!!!!!!!

I was sleeve febuary 10, 2010 leak finally diagnosed 3/17/10 12 day in hospital have sent and jp drain. I have lost 52lb since operation. 81 lbs since dec

My husband and I both had VSG done in Feb. I had mine on the 18th, he had his 4 days later. We are both doing pretty well. He has lost almost he same amount of weight as me. I am having a little more difficultly with food getting stuck. Working on smaller bites, avoiding breads mostly that cause the problem. Has worked well to have done the surgery at the same time, especially since we no longer have children at home. We are watching the amount of carbs we are taking in, and so far haven't had a problem with stalls.:thumbup:

I was sleeved on February 22, 2010. My pre op weight was 230 pounds with a BMI of 38. I lost 23 pounds by my 6 week check up. I am now 9 weeks out and have only lost a few more pounds. I am wondering if I can eat more than most other sleevers. I can eat about one cup full of lean ground turkey meat and a laughing cow wedge to boot or two scrambled eggs with a some cheese. I feel full after I eat but I get hungry an hour or two later almost without exception. For dinner, I had about 2/3 of a lean (95/5) turkey burger patty and 1/2 cup of pinto Beans. I was hungry an hour later and had pickle spear and a then a sugar free fudgecicle little while ago. Now I am hungry again. I have almost no problems with any food and have no trouble getting anything down. Does anyone eat the same quantities as me or get as hungry as I do?

Tiaras ~ congrats on your weight loss! you are doing great! I was sleeved 10 days before you and you are kicking my butt! : )

Driver ~ sorry to hear it has been a difficult time for you! Your loss so far is awesome tho!

Texjul ~ I have had a few days when I can't seem to get full. I would suggest drinking Water or something first before eating again tho. I am still in the 2 - 3oz range for food, depending on what it is. It does still take me forever to eat most things tho.

Several people have mentioned using prilosec or similar product stating the hunger feeling could be acid in the tummy or something. I was taking the generic, omeprazole, for several years prior to surgery for a sensitive tummy and redness in the stomach. So can't really comment on that. I take one per day before bed.

I was sleeved on February 22, 2010. My pre op weight was 230 pounds with a BMI of 38. I lost 23 pounds by my 6 week check up. I am now 9 weeks out and have only lost a few more pounds. I am wondering if I can eat more than most other sleevers. I can eat about one cup full of lean ground turkey meat and a laughing cow wedge to boot or two scrambled eggs with a some cheese. I feel full after I eat but I get hungry an hour or two later almost without exception. For dinner, I had about 2/3 of a lean (95/5) turkey burger patty and 1/2 cup of pinto Beans. I was hungry an hour later and had pickle spear and a then a sugar free fudgecicle little while ago. Now I am hungry again. I have almost no problems with any food and have no trouble getting anything down. Does anyone eat the same quantities as me or get as hungry as I do?

I can only eat about half of what you've listed, and I'm almost 11 months out. But, that doesn't mean something is wrong with your sleeve.

I'm only 5'2" so my sleeve may be shorter than yours. Also, I can get in more food if I eat super slow rather than just 20-30 minutes which is my surgeon's recommendation for meals. But, I still can't get in that amount of meat.

For the hunger thing, are you on an acid reducer like Prilosec, Protonix, Prevacid, Nexium? If not, a lot of patients that talk about hunger after eating a meal, find that going on an acid reducer also known as a Proton Pump Inhibitor like those listed above find resolution in there hunger issues.

I had similar feelings earlier out, and I had my surgeon put me on Prilosec 20mg. I take 1 in the morning and wait 1 hour to eat. I am literally never, ever hungry. You can get Prilosec and Prevacid over the counter now so if you can't get a prescription try one of those and see if it helps. It may take a few days for it to kick in, but a lot of patients that had the same problem found immediate relief when they took a PPI on a daily basis.

Thanks Tiffykins! I went on prevacid for two weeks about a month out because of heartburn. I stopped when the course was over because my pain was gone. I don't remember if it affected how hungry I was. Would you have to take something like that forever? I think I may try out your idea for now and see how it goes.

Thanks Tiffykins! I went on prevacid for two weeks about a month out because of heartburn. I stopped when the course was over because my pain was gone. I don't remember if it affected how hungry I was. Would you have to take something like that forever? I think I may try out your idea for now and see how it goes.

I have decided to not go off of it. Some patients wean off of it, but they find their hunger returns or certain foods trigger acid.

For me, it's just not something I'm willing to deal with at this point in my journey. I love not ever being hungry, and I love super spicy foods. So, for now, I'm staying on it. My surgeon is fine with me being on it since I'm not having any adverse effects.

Good luck, and keep posting on your progress.

I was sleeved on 2/15/10. My pre-op BMI was 33 @ 184 lbs. I seemed to have hit a stall...only lost 20 lbs as of today. Getting frustrated. My daily intake is quite small - getting in 60 grams of Protein via meats/fish/eggs with plenty of exercise. Are there any liteweights stalling out there? Any advice? Doc said should take 6 months to reach my (short) goal of 130 lbs - wow - 6 months to lose 50 lbs! Gees....

It's good to hear from other people who have are at roughly the same stage as me - although I know we are all different.

I'm off to the Hospital on Tuesday for more tests as I'm not passing enough urine - despite drinking over 2 litres of Water every day. Will be good to get checked out xx

It's good to hear from other people who have are at roughly the same stage as me - although I know we are all different.

I'm off to the Hospital on Tuesday for more tests as I'm not passing enough urine - despite drinking over 2 litres of Water every day. Will be good to get checked out xx

How did it go at the hospital? What did they find out?

How did it go at the hospital? What did they find out?

Hi hun. Thanks for asking - I've got a kidney infection :confused: - not much fun, so it's antibiotics for a while. My stomach feels really bloated at the moment, although 3 people commented on how much I'd lost today. (Smaller jeans, so I no longer have a baggy bum!) xx