Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Jose Rodriguez - Looking for Info/Experiences with him

I have been doing some research and came across this Mexico doctor. However I have not found a lot of information/personal experiences here with him. If anyone can share any with me, I would be much obliged. :thumbup:

(Yes I know about the whole thread for researching a Mexican doctor... read it and the like!)

I am still strongly considering him. It's more a matter of making sure I can afford it first before proceeding!

Hi Scorch:) Im new here but have also been researching Mexico for my plication surgery. So far, Dr Rodriguez seems to be my No.1 choice. I have a few friends and acquaintances that have gone to him thru BeLiteWeight and are very happy with his services and with his coordinators. Not sure yet if I will be paying outta pocket or financing, but he also offers financing thru his coordinators (not totally sure I'm right about this, but this is what I understand).

To me its more about the knowledge of the dr and his experience, than about price. Obviously, if I get a good deal, it will also be an important factor to make my choice, but so far Dr Rodriguez's experience is like the most important for me.

I will try to tour the hospital he uses in Tijuana, Mexico, the INT I think is called. I also want to make sure the premises in which I will have surgery and recover are hygienic, sanitized, etc... Will continue to post here about my experience and my research.

Good luck, Zoyla.

Hi Scorch:) Im new here but have also been researching Mexico for my plication surgery. So far, Dr Rodriguez seems to be my No.1 choice. I have a few friends and acquaintances that have gone to him thru BeLiteWeight and are very happy with his services and with his coordinators. Not sure yet if I will be paying outta pocket or financing, but he also offers financing thru his coordinators (not totally sure I'm right about this, but this is what I understand).

To me its more about the knowledge of the dr and his experience, than about price. Obviously, if I get a good deal, it will also be an important factor to make my choice, but so far Dr Rodriguez's experience is like the most important for me.

I will try to tour the hospital he uses in Tijuana, Mexico, the INT I think is called. I also want to make sure the premises in which I will have surgery and recover are hygienic, sanitized, etc... Will continue to post here about my experience and my research.

Good luck, Zoyla.

Hi Zoyla,

Did you get your surgery??

Did you get a chance to check things out with Dr.Rod??

Just curious on what you thought??

Lisa~

Hi Zoyla,

Did you get your surgery??

Did you get a chance to check things out with Dr.Rod??

Just curious on what you thought??

Lisa~

#:-s Just checking back into this website :) I have not had my surgery but I did get to tour the hospital last month. I asked for an appointment on a date the dr was available to meet with me. Very clean place. I could see people spot cleaning everything: floor, walls, everything. I was there for about 15 mins. I got to meet one of the dr's coordinators, Bebe. She showed me the rooms, the waiting room, the cafeteria... The hospital is not too big but it does have all the necessary in case of any emergency. Actually, I was told this is a hospital specializing in kidney transplant, and they even have dialysis patients coming from the US.

I did meet Dr Rodriguez. He has the bedside manners I want in a doctor, so I'm definitely considering him for my procedure. I still have questions and some doubts about the procedure itself, but I will keep in touch with the dr's office.

I will let you know what happens next:wink0:

Zoyla F.

#:-s Just checking back into this website :) I have not had my surgery but I did get to tour the hospital last month. I asked for an appointment on a date the dr was available to meet with me. Very clean place. I could see people spot cleaning everything: floor, walls, everything. I was there for about 15 mins. I got to meet one of the dr's coordinators, Bebe. She showed me the rooms, the waiting room, the cafeteria... The hospital is not too big but it does have all the necessary in case of any emergency. Actually, I was told this is a hospital specializing in kidney transplant, and they even have dialysis patients coming from the US.

I did meet Dr Rodriguez. He has the bedside manners I want in a doctor, so I'm definitely considering him for my procedure. I still have questions and some doubts about the procedure itself, but I will keep in touch with the dr's office.

I will let you know what happens next:wink0:

Zoyla F.

Thank you for answering me back, I would love to hear about your appointment with the Dr, please keep me informed. DO you have a surgery date yet?

I am having a real hard time trying to figure out if I want the sleeve or the plication, I am going crazy on trying to figure it out!!!

I like the plication cause there is less complications but I dont know how the weight loss will pan out, and I like the sleeve but im afraid of the possible complications, but I like the way you loose the weight, Geeeze!!

I keep reading all that I can find on both surgeries, but there is not alot on plication surgery, darn it!

Well keep me posted please

Thanks, Lisa~

hi!

I am going to Dr.Rod on sept 29th. One of my friends had surgery with him in August and loved every aspect. She went to Juarez (as am I) and really thought everything was top notch.

I can give you more details when I get back!

:scared0::scared0::scared0::scared0:

Oh my gosh!!

I have booked my flight and got my surgery date and I am so nervous!!!

I cant eat, my stomach is turning, im sweating, its just the real thing!

I cant beleive I am going to actually do this!!!

Any one have some soothing words for me please......

Lisa

:scared0::scared0::scared0::scared0:

Oh my gosh!!

I have booked my flight and got my surgery date and I am so nervous!!!

I cant eat, my stomach is turning, im sweating, its just the real thing!

I cant beleive I am going to actually do this!!!

Any one have some soothing words for me please......

Lisa

Yay lisa after all your research you made a decision and booked. That is wonderful. How soon are you having surgery?

We are all here for support.

Yay lisa after all your research you made a decision and booked. That is wonderful. How soon are you having surgery?

We are all here for support.

I am having surgery November 23rd and very nervous I know its a while away but after you book your flight its like a done deal! no turning back now!

How did your surgery go?

How long did it take to start feeling good?

I am thinking about taking about a week off work, I hope that is going to be long enough.

Thanks for writing me back

Lisa

I am having surgery November 23rd and very nervous I know its a while away but after you book your flight its like a done deal! no turning back now!

How did your surgery go?

How long did it take to start feeling good?

I am thinking about taking about a week off work, I hope that is going to be long enough.

Thanks for writing me back

Lisa

My VSG surgery was uncomplicated. I think I went through normal 2nd day blues and had some "what the heck did I do moments" but I just kept focused that I would feel better and I would wait to make my mind up until later. I had a couple bad days around day 6 and 7...those were emotional but by day 10-15 I felt like a new woman. By week three I felt like myself again, I could chew and swallow with no difficulty and food has been going down well.

I have started my exercising and it is making all the difference along with tracking my food. It helps for me to see my Protein to carb ration and to keep my calories at a good level.

All in all I am a fan. Keep a positive attitude as much as you can post op but allow yourself to go through the emotions and understand it is a process.:scared0:

My VSG surgery was uncomplicated. I think I went through normal 2nd day blues and had some "what the heck did I do moments" but I just kept focused that I would feel better and I would wait to make my mind up until later. I had a couple bad days around day 6 and 7...those were emotional but by day 10-15 I felt like a new woman. By week three I felt like myself again, I could chew and swallow with no difficulty and food has been going down well.

I have started my exercising and it is making all the difference along with tracking my food. It helps for me to see my Protein to carb ration and to keep my calories at a good level.

All in all I am a fan. Keep a positive attitude as much as you can post op but allow yourself to go through the emotions and understand it is a process.:scared0:

Thank you for your feed back, believe me I need it, I know I will do ok just

got to stay focused and positive like your said.

Hey congrates on the weight loss!!

Thanks again,

Lisa

I had my surgery on Sept 10 with Dr Rod in Juarez..Gasstric Plication It was a wonderful experience I am now three weeks out and down 24 lbs. Feeling great haven't had any trouble with soft foods...Get full real quick. Can't each much of anything without feeling full...but I guess that is what is suppose to happen..

Anyway the hospital was clean and the staff was really great the language barrier was a bit rough but still had excellent car. Dr Rod was really nice I really liked him..