Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Could this be a start to a new life?

Hello All

Im a n00b to this forum. I used to lurk around a similar forum. Well Yesterday I went to an "orientation" at a Bariatric Center here in Orlando.

I am 5'8 and 351lbs @ 27 years old.

To my surprise this morning speaking to a co worker she said she was approved last year for WLS because of her hypertension, (she opted not to do the WLS) I hope the approve me based on BMI and my sleep apnea.

Last April I enrolled at an MMA school and lost 60lbs, but late last year during traing I took an injury to my knee which the Dr told me to stop training immediately. In a matter of nine weeks I regained every single pound I lost which made me a believer that WLS maybe a great tool for me.

Well thats my story so I hope to update you guys with good news!

By the way I am also expecting my first child (a son) 6-1-2010

Hey there and welcome. Best wishes on insurance approval.

I honestly love life with the sleeve. It'll be best thing you can do for yourself and your future.

Congrats on the fast approaching arrival of your baby boy ! ! !

Keep us posted on your progress.

Hey, good luck with the approval. The sleeve sounds perfect for you.

Les

wishing you luck.

The sleeve is perfect for you. You won't have the easy weight regain once you lose; it's possible to regain but it's so easy NOT to with this wonderful tool. I wish you the best of luck and go for it!!!

Best wishes to you on taking the next step in your weight loss journey...Around here you will find support so keep us informed of your progress.

Congratulations on the impending arrival of your first son! It is because of my kids that I chose this route and honestly I think it is a great decision. Best of luck with the insurance waiting game!

I recently had vsg surgery here in Orlando. Are you going to Celebration with Dr. Kim or somewhere else? Do you live around Orlando?

Thats exactly where Im going! Dr. Kim is great from what i hear. Back in 2006 I went to celebration when us bariatrics was there but at the time the insurance plan we had didnt believe in WLS.

How was your experience there? How long was your recovery time? any thing you think i should know?

TIA

What is celebration?

Its the name of the Hospital .

Its called Florida Hospital Celebration Health

http://www.celebrationhealth.com/services/obesity-bariatric-surgery-metabolic-medicine

Celebration Is the name of the City that is Owned by Disney, so technically Disney is not in Orlando or even Kissimmee, they are in Celebration, but thats just Disney's way of a smoke screen.