Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, I've been reading alot and posting some, but have never told my situation. I've been thinking about WLS for a couple of years but was scared to do anything. My doctor suggested it the first time and I cried for days.....realizing I had a serious problem that was going to eventually effect my health. Now, after really spending time considering all my posssibilities I am ready for the sleeve. I'm really exicted and have my date set for 5/13. I still can't believe I get to do this. Reading everyone's posts has been so helpful and you are a wonderful group! I'm worried about the emotional rollercoaster because I am already being treated for anxiety and depression but my doctors have all cleared me and say that I can do this.

With your help and support, I know I can be a success! Sounds like I'm going to need to be reminded of this especially the first few weeks....thanks already!

Coach KK - Welcome! I am new also. I too have suffered from both anxiety and depression -both made my obesity much worse. I tend to eat when anxious, and I don't exercise when depression hits. I am going to start therapy to help curb that so I don't set my self up for failure.

Your date will come up very quick, just plan, plan plan! I look forward to reading your progress.

I am planning for July as soon as my new insurance becomes effective and I get approval!

Woohoo!

Lori

Welcome! Glad to have you part of us. I had my surgery in January & it has been a wild ride. As you noted, it takes some adjustment at first, but the benefits are so worthwhile.

I feel energetic and starting to feel cute and maybe just a little, dare I say it? Sexy! I started in size 18 and XXL - I'm in 12's (some 10's) and Medium shirts in 12 weeks.

Yahoo!!!!

Congrats on your date!

I have been taking Effexor (only 10mg) for a couple of years and Wellbutrin for about 6 months (300mg). The dr recently increased the Effexor to 20mg. I think it was due to a "normal" increase in stress due to being a busy mom with one child in two sports, self employed, business owner, volleyball club director, etc etc. I am not saying the post-op hormones aren't part of it - just that work and family has been hectic recently. I am also dealing with 4 bulging disks in my lower back and sleep apnea. Might as well deal with it all at once! LOL

The mental aspect of being sleeved has definitely been harder for me than the physical. I really miss food. I can eat just about anything I want at this point, within reason, but mentally want larger quantities. However, my stomach highly objects if I eat even one or two bites too much.

My primary doctor has been very supportive - even the Mexico aspect : ) She even prints my weight charts when I come in for check ups because she is so impressed with how much I have lost. She also took my stitches out and said that everything looked great.

You have some time to prepare for the changes. Don't know if you have a pre-op diet?? If not, you may want to start weaning off a few favorites that will need to be avoided for awhile after surgery. I didn't have a pre-op diet and going cold turkey on diet cola was frustrating. Altho, the sips I have had really don't taste very good anyways.

Good Luck with your prep! It is a great tool and you will love it!