Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attitude Adjustment Please!

Last night I went out with some friends and thought I'd be able to order Soup, but the restaraunt had nothing I could have so I sipped on lemon Water while they ate nachos (my absolute fave) and cheeseburgers. I kept my cool but came home frustrated.

Today I bought Protein shots w/ 50 g of Protein thinking this would be the boost I needed, they made me feel like I am on crack and I ended up having to run to the bathroom in my vet's office and dry heavng, (LOUDLY) then coming home and puking, though there isn't much there. And now I have awesome poo problems too. Grrrrr! I have been successful with weight loss, but I don't feel like its weight loss I've earned, I feel like its the kind of weight loss people have when they are sick.

I don't regret my surgery, I know this will get better, but when? I feel weak and tired and just wanna chew on something. Remind me this was a good choice?

You can soooooooooooo do this. It's frustrating when you are learning to use your tool - and the battles can be weary. But, you are doing awesome. You'll figure out what works and doesn't work for you very soon.

Are you on mushies yet? What are you allowed to eat at this stage? What works well? Focus on those things first. Hopefully, you can get rid of those Protein shakes/shots soon - I get most of my Protein from food now (thank goodness!).

PM me if you need additional support. We have all been where you are now. Chin up! You are going to rock this!!!!

I would have to say that the first month is most tiring, and mentally draining. Those shots made me hurl with the sleeve too, but I used them with the band.

I agree with Mini, stick with what you know works, don't give up on yourself or the sleeve. It does get better, and your energy level will increase. Remember, your body has been through a pretty traumatic event regardless of what some people may say, and their own experience post-op, some of us struggle more. It's what makes our journey unique.

The sleeve is a fabulous choice. I promise the victories will start outweighing the struggles.

Hang in there.

Thanks ladies!!! I still wouldn't change it for the world, just having a down day. I just can't wait to feel like me again. I guess I sometimes only see the positive threads from people, and feel like I must be the one doing something wrong.

Edited by wannalise

I had my surgery on Jan 25th and I still have bad days here and there. Today is one of them. I am on regular foods, but I am very strict on my carbs. Well tonight I made my daughter nachos and they looked soooo good. I decided that I was going to have a little portion. Oh, I feel like crap. I wish I would have never even thought about those damn things. Pain, pain, pain. Not only was it a bad food choice, I also ate it too fast. So yeah, you will have these days, but honestly, when I look in the mirror-I know it was so worth it. Right now I want to hurl though.

I found Uncle Bens Healthy Grain Creme of Wheat (7 gm protein), mixed in w/1 scoop of Solgar vanilla Bean whey powder (16 gm protein), (or Jay Robb vanilla 25gm protein), a soothing and tolerable Breakfast food..eaten slowly teaspoon by teaspoon. cook the creme of wheat with Water to the consistency you like best, and then turn the flame off while in the sauce pan, I add some milk (I use either goat milk, almond milk, or hazelnut milk) then I whisk in the whey powder, add stevia or sun crystals-(a stevia/cane sugar mix 5 calories)...sometimes I'll add a tablespoon of raw agave nectar or pure maple Syrup for added flavor. The whole thing amounts to almost 30 grams Protein and it's sustains me well into the afternoon. I also mix the whey powder in with my yogurt, let it sit about 5 minutes and mix it again. I love vanilla Greek or Stonyfield now makes an organic Greek yogurt in caramel and chocolate flavors. The breakfast Cereal and later the yogurt for lunch, add up to about 50+ grams protein...It works for me very well but each of us has to come up with our own plan of eating...I just thought I'd put mine out there in case you want to give it a try. I'm 7 months almost and I still have trouble with some denser Proteins like meat...You are early out so just be patient and you will find ways to get in the nutrition without sacrificing pleasure.

Edited by LAN2k

I'm still just full liquids but those are some yummy suggestions, thank you! I am really just having a difficult time just staying hydrated. I need to chill out. Dr. Aceves' plan has it so I can still be drinking fruit juices and stuff, but I am trying so hard to get the right calories/protein/liquid, and my body just isn't there yet. I think I need to just worry about getting fluids and as I feel better I'll be able to add in the other stuff too.

I'm still just full liquids but those are some yummy suggestions, thank you! I am really just having a difficult time just staying hydrated. I need to chill out. Dr. Aceves' plan has it so I can still be drinking fruit juices and stuff, but I am trying so hard to get the right calories/protein/liquid, and my body just isn't there yet. I think I need to just worry about getting fluids and as I feel better I'll be able to add in the other stuff too.

Sounds like a good plan to me! :sad0: You would probably be surprised how few of us met our Protein goals the first month.

Anna,

Get rid of those Protein Shots. It is a very poor source of Protein (collegen protein) on the protein scale of 0-100 i beleive they are a 25 and whey protein is a 100. I bought 36 of them through bodybuilding.com before I read the info on them and I returned all of them and just got a big 5lb tub of NOW Whey Unflavored Protein and add it to everything. I make Jello shooters, Crystal Lite Protein Pops, all Crystal Lite I drink and my broth. Today is day 5 for me and do not seem to be having any problems (thank god) but I do know you had a harder recovery after surgery you are still healing and you will get there.

I make sure I look for all your post because you are just a few weeks ahead of me and I love your progress.

Kathy

Kathy!

I am glad to hear you are doing so well. You definitely had your share of ups and downs getting sleeved. Thanks for the encouraging words, and don't worry, I will never drink those Protein Shots again, not worth how they made me feel!

Hey there Anna-

Just wanted to send along some good mojo your way. I KNOW I am going to hit a wall now and again and only hope I am brave enough to say it and get support. Kathy clued me on on adding the protien to everything I'm drinking and am yet I am VERY VERY VERY new here so I'm just grateful for the advice.