Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2005 Bandsters: What's new?!

Howdy September 2005 Bandsters!

Just wanted to check-in with everyone and see if you have any special thoughts to share. Anything working really well for you? Any successes? Any problems? Crazy obsessions? Is the weightloss easier or more difficult as time goes on? Found any great transition clothes?

Would love to hear from you!!!

I'm a Sept 13, 05' bandster....I feel like I'm making really great progress and am becoming very comfortable with how the band should work.

Now that I have had 7 fills, I'm finally at the place I feel I need to be and can stay at this level for awhile. I've lost 60+ pounds and am told by almost everyone that I run into who hasn't seen me for a few months that I look ten years younger! Could just be my new short haircut but I'm hoping it's a combinatuon of both!

I've given away 4 large garbage bags full of clothes in the past two months that are now too big for me. My co-workers tell me I'm "melting" away! It's so funny to see several of them running around the office wearing my "huge" larger sizes...especially since none of them are even close to my old weight...the closest would maybe be within 50 pounds. They just loved some of the outfits I wore so are wearing them regardless of how baggy they are!!! I see it as a compliment.

I love my band more each day. It is literally saving my life! Whoo hooo! Sept. 05' bandsters...we rock!!! (Don't we?)

I was banded 9/8/05 and have lost 66 pounds, I am currently in a fitness challenge and I am hoping to lose another 10 or so by my anniversary date. Good luck to all with your weight success. I started in 18/20 and now I am 12/14 hoping stay in and maintain a perfect 10

I was banded on 9/9 and have lost 56lbs. I've had to have 2 unfills since I started last sept. Once in Dec because of some stucked food and just last week when I went in for a emerg gall bladder surg. Which has made me a little sad because I was right where I wanted to be for the past few months. But I will pick myself up and just start over again. I've gone from a size 24-26 down to a 18. It has been so great getting rid of all my old and baggy clothes. I've also had people tell me that I look 10 years younger also which has been really great.

Having the lap band done has been one of the best decision that I've every made.

I only have 13 lbs to be under 200 and I'm really hopping to reach that goal by my bandaveresary

I was banded on Sept 26th. Then rebanded on the 21st of February. I was rebanded because I'm one in a million that had a leak in my band. Sencond surgery was aweful! Much longer recovery and a lot more pain.

But I would do it again if I had to! I am thrilled with my WL. I've lost 73+ pounds since Sept 05 and gone from a size 24/26 to a 14. 12's so far just don't want to work!

Glad everyone is doing so well.

I haven't looked at the scale in a month. I have a horrible time during PMS times. NOTHING satisfies me and every month I feel I need another fill. Do you guys have any suggestions?

I plan to go on the scale around the 5th of Sept after this next TOM is over.

I am thrilled with the band! Just hate the mental struggles they are getting better though.

Dianne, Have you thought about a mild diet pill that will get your brain off of being hungry or unsatisfied? Phentermine 37.5mg is what I take when I start obsessing about food.

I am also on Seasonale - the hormones that allow you to have a period ever 3 months (4x/yr)....this significantly helped with my mood swings and PMS. You can do the same thing with regular type of birth control pills - where you skip the placebo and go straight on to taking a new pack without a break. My doctor even said that I could keep going on the pills until my body decides it wants a period. My PMS was horrible before starting this method about 6 years ago - now it is extremely rare for me to have any symptoms. Just thought I would share..... Cheer up, it will get better! :wacko:)

WOW T thanks I've never heard of Seasonale. what about Weight gain with the pill? I will talk to my doctor SOON about this. My PCP mentioned medirean(?) maybe it's meridian, andyway it kind of scared me. Thanks for the info I will look into to further.

We all need to post our pictures on our anniversaries coming up on this thread, don't you think!!