Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone close to goal

And happy to be where they are?

I am a few kg's (lbs for US readers, lol) from goal, a Aussie size 12 (US 10, from what I understand) and am supah thrilled with where I am.

I look normal. I am never the biggest person in the room anymore, and not usually the thinnest. I am "normal"

I am also a wee bit worried that because I have such a huge bust (I am wearing a 10H (30H US sizes) that I will look disproportionate. I have fairly slim hips, and once I have my Tummy Tuck I will wear a size 10 (8 US) pants. But my top will still be a 12 (US 10).

*Sigh*

Am I mad for putting the brakes on? I just don't want to end up looking like a Dolly wanna be... Or having to have a breast reduction (because to be honest, I kinda like my boobs)

I am not nuts. Am I?

Nah! Who wouldn't want to have slim hips and huge boobs? LOL

OK, in all honesty I don't want to have huge boobs - good thing too because I don't! lol But . . .

The ideal female image for most men is slim hips and huge boobs - congratulations!

First of all, Sammee... Huge congrats on your accomplishment! That is just remarkable!

Secondly, I am close to my goal. Well, ok, 73 pounds closeR. But I'm seeing the same issues. The bottom half is getting smaller than the top half. I plan to have an "attitude adjustment" made to my girls when I reach goal IF they cant straighten themselves up! hehe

I agree with Donna. That is THE look admired by many. Slender hips, and big chested. I'd say you ended up with the best of both worlds.

Have you shared before and after pics yet? Did I just miss them?

Thanks Ladies...

Susan, I have indeed posted pics

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showpost.php?p=225756&postcount=552

ETA;

I know that the slender hips, and big boobs is what guys are after, I have been married far too long to a man I adore to worry about what men think, lol.

I am actually kinda uncomfy with the attention that gets paid to me now (by men)... It is flattering, but disturbing at the same time. I have been overweight for most of my adult life, and to be "hot" all of a sudden is a shock. Its weird.

Ah ha! Look at you girl. You're going to have one of those bodies I'm always so jealous of. You dont look out of proportion at all. Woot! I'm celebrating with you over here in Idaho!! How does it feel to be half the woman you used to be? I'm guessing that it ROCKS! Yay for you! :)

I never worry about the size of my boobs. They are big, always have been, and always will be. If I didnt have them I think I would seriously miss them, if I never had them it would be a moot point. If they disappear I want surgery to put them back, lol. Dont worry about it!

I never worry about the size of my boobs. They are big, always have been, and always will be. If I didnt have them I think I would seriously miss them, if I never had them it would be a moot point. If they disappear I want surgery to put them back, lol. Dont worry about it!

That is EXACTLY how I feel. I would rather stop losing now, and stay in proportion, than lose more, and have to have a reduction.

Ah ha! Look at you girl. You're going to have one of those bodies I'm always so jealous of. You dont look out of proportion at all. Woot! I'm celebrating with you over here in Idaho!! How does it feel to be half the woman you used to be? I'm guessing that it ROCKS! Yay for you! :)

Thank you. It does feel wonderful to be half the person I once was. Rather than have my 9 year old DS whine that I am not keeping up with him, he whines that I am going too fast :clap2: (I can't win, can I? :biggrin1:)

I am yet to have my Tummy Tuck (I am waiting either for goal weight, or to be stable at a weight for a few months... and the last few lbs have been super slow comming off, so I think I will be stable at this weight for a while) So my lower half will be much smaller than my upper half once I have that.

It is winter here, and I went to buy a jacket. I had to buy the 12(US 10), rather than the 10(US 8) due to my breasts. It buttoned, and fit like a glove everywhere but my boobs.

there's no reason why you can't put the brakes on if you're comfortable where you are. You can always decide later if you want to lose more.

You'll probably find that your Tummy Tuck will bring you down to goal weight anyway.

I dont think you're mad. You're a healthy weight and really within that range, any weight YOU feel comfy at is the right weight.

You'll probably find that your Tummy Tuck will bring you down to goal weight anyway.

I dont think you're mad. You're a healthy weight and really within that range, any weight YOU feel comfy at is the right weight.

You might be right. I am all belly at this stage. It is a sorry sight. If the skin was not so streched out, I could live with it. But the skin is in such a state from being so large, there is little hope.

I have an appointment with my Dr in August (he is doing my tummy tuck) so I will either have been stable at this weight, or be down at goal weight.

Either way, spending the day in bed, down with the flu, has given me time to think. I am not going to "try" to lose weight anymore (Not that I am trying too hard at the moment). So if I do get to the goal of 68kg, I do. If I don't I am going to Celebrate my new body, and life :clap2:

Thank you all for your imput ladies. :sleep

I think my TRAINING bra was a "D" cup...and I was probably 11 years old! But our daughter--not MO--took the first step and got her size 36-J's reduced to a dainty little 36-C. One of her friends summed up the results, "I know what kind of surgery you had and I still don't see it...you just look slimmer or something." For the first time in her life, she was able to wear pretty tops.

She's a swimmer, so the biggest change was at her first post-op swim workout. I asked how it went and she said that, until the first flip turn all was well. And then, after swimming competitively for over 20 years, she FINALLY "got" the point of the flip turn. Because using the same force she had always used to pull off a flip turn but without all that ballast, "...I did two complete somersaults and about drilled my ass through the bottom of the pool. So THAT's how a flip turn is easier..."

I had the same PS do my breast reduction two years later, while I was still MO.

We agree that it was one of the best moves we ever made. The grooves and ridges on the shoulders are gone. No summertime under-boob rash. In case of earthquake (we're in So. Calif.), a bra isn't the first thing we look for. I can actually throw on a t-shirt and go get something out of the car. And for both of us, not only did insurance pay for it, but--except for the under-arm Lipo area--it was pretty much painless!

I'm popping in with this info because it IS a kind of scary concept. But neither of us wanted dainty boobs post reduction and I don't think we got them. We just got rid of huge, pendulous, asymmetrical, out-of-proportion things that are now normal. And perky.

I had the same PS do my breast reduction two years later, while I was still MO.

We agree that it was one of the best moves we ever made. The grooves and ridges on the shoulders are gone. No summertime under-boob rash. In case of earthquake (we're in So. Calif.), a bra isn't the first thing we look for. I can actually throw on a t-shirt and go get something out of the car. And for both of us, not only did insurance pay for it, but--except for the under-arm Lipo area--it was pretty much painless!

I'm popping in with this info because it IS a kind of scary concept. But neither of us wanted dainty boobs post reduction and I don't think we got them. We just got rid of huge, pendulous, asymmetrical, out-of-proportion things that are now normal. And perky.

This was both funny as hell AND encouraging. I know Im going to need to have this done and it's been kind of daunting. It really helps to hear that it's really not so bad to go through and very worth it.

Now... what to do with my underarm wings... :faint:

you go sammee! it's so good to see people near goal contemplating whether they need to lose more! i love it. enjoy your new tummy. keep us posted. the before and after pics are inspirational!

Im thirteen pounds from my goal weight,and have been stuck at this weight for now seven months! I guess Im happy at this weight?

I, try but just not hard enough...it is my own fault!

So now im going down to the weight of 185 please help. I know what to do just need a push.

I hope you are all doing good with your weight loss.John