Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all.

I had my post op follow up with the surgeon yesterday. So far I am down 20lbs.

Everything is slowly getting back to normal. I return to work on Monday (blech!) and I am looking forward to adding in exercise.

Doc said that I am doing well but I need to do better with hydration. I have only been getting in about 32 ounces of liquid (water/crystal light) he wants me to double that. He gave me the go ahead to start adding in soft foods as tolerated. That is good news because I cant even look at Soup anymore. Out of the many different types and brands i have tried, I only like 2! Can't stand sugar free Jello, and only recently have I found a protien drink that doesnt make me gag with every sip. Needless to say I am excited about the progression in my diet.

When I came home from the doctor I tried some salmon and grits. I was only able to get down about 1 ounce of the salmon and even less of the grits. This morning I scrambled an egg with some american cheese. I almost finished it. I left about 2 bites on the plate. I think I will have a Protein shake as soon as my stomach empties.

Next appointment in 3 weeks. Probably won't weigh until then. I am trying not to be manic with the scale.

I am so excited about beginning my journey. I cant believe I am finally on the other side of the operation!

Thats all for now. Will try to update regularly.

Edited by breekahouse
addimg signature!

Wowzers! Good for you. I am sure switching phases will be a giant relief, but it sounds like you are doing very well. I am so glad that you got so much time off work too. Thats one of my regrets. I started work today and I wish I had another week. Oh well! Live and learn.

TaRel ... sounds like you are doing great. Positive attitude is everything. Keep up the good work and I look forward to more postings from you. I can hardly believe losing 20 lbs in that time.

All the best.

John

Great Job!:(

I'll be three weeks out on Monday, but I did already try grits....yummy; some substance.

Keep up the good work.

Wowzers! Good for you. I am sure switching phases will be a giant relief, but it sounds like you are doing very well. I am so glad that you got so much time off work too. Thats one of my regrets. I started work today and I wish I had another week. Oh well! Live and learn.

Anna, switching phases has been awesome! I've had scrambled egg with cheese, shrimp, grits, deli meat, and 1/4 of a veggie burger. All yummy things but in MUCH smaller quantities. Not looking forward to returning to work at all. I'm dreading it actually...

TaRel ... sounds like you are doing great. Positive attitude is everything. Keep up the good work and I look forward to more postings from you. I can hardly believe losing 20 lbs in that time.

All the best.

John

Thanks John! I can't believe it either. 20lbs in less than a month is awesome. A lot of it is Water weight though. I only had to be on clears the day before surgery and I pretty much ate whatever I wanted to leading up to the surgery. I can't wait to see how much I lose in the next 3 weeks.

Great Job!:thumbup:

I'll be three weeks out on Monday, but I did already try grits....yummy; some substance.

Keep up the good work.

Hey bonafidediv! I have been thinking of you. We had the same surgery date. How are things progressing with you?

Congrats! I am now 10 days out and feel great. I did sneak a couple bites if mash potato and one cooked mashed baby carrot ! YuM!

.... Tolerated it all very well and chewed til there was nothing left! I'm so glad to hear you are progressing so well! I've also lost 20 lbs and feel better already! Keep up the good work.

Congratulations on a great start!!

Hey bonafidediv! I have been thinking of you. We had the same surgery date. How are things progressing with you?

Things have been going pretty well. I went back to work on Monday so I notice I dont have any more trouble getting my fluids in. I've been trying mushies a lot. I probably wont lose weight this week at all but so far I've lost 12 lbs since surgery. I got so bored with the Soups and stuff. For some reason I think it will be a lot easier when the food stages change.

I havent started to work out which I promised I would start Monday when I went back to work; but Monday I got home and crawled in bed:blushing: and then the sun came out so I did walk around outside to the playground and through the mall.