Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else work out A LOT?

I really don't know what to do about my diet, but I think something has to give.

I work out 7 days a week. I do it because I like it, because it relieves stress and I feel like it is helping with the weight loss.

Originally I was doing low carb/low sugar, but I am thinking I need some more carbs. I feel tired a lot. My muscles are so TIRED. I could hardly pick up my 5 year old this evening. (and that is something I have always been able to do easily)

I have no idea how to do this in a healthy way and to not add too many carbs. Since my relationship with my surgeon is in the shitter (Sorry, just the truth), I don't feel as though I can even go to the office anymore. I have already paid for nutritionist appointments. Maybe that is what I need to do-bite the bullet and go in and see the nut. I can't stand the staff at his office though. Ugh. I emailed one of the nuts tonight, but they don't even know me because they go through quite a few employees a month and I haven't seen any of the new ones. Ugh. I am so frustrated!

yes, I work out for the same reasons you do. I enjoy it and I feel crumby when I don't go to the gym.

you probably need to add back some good carbs. go online and read about low gylcemic index foods.

Going to the nutritionist is probably a good idea too. I know adding back carbs is sometimes scary, but I was like you. It got to where I felt nauseous when I got to the gym so I added back a few good carbs and I am good to go!

I WISH I had the motivation to go to the gym and exercise! I am so lazy...all I do is fantasize about it. The daily rain here in the northeast has got me feeling so blah. I admire you both for your workout enthusiasm. There are plenty of healthy carbs in fresh fruit, vegetables, nuts and Beans. Even a few fork fulls of Whole grain Pasta may help fuel and energize you.

i work out for the same reasons as you, and i do love it. i really hope your nutritionist can guide you and give a well balanced diet. i wish you the best of luck!!! please keep us posted and give us some good tips:thumbup:

OMG! I totally understand where you are coming from. I work out 6 days a week and then do soemthing fun like skating for two or three hours on the seventh day. I love the feeling, i love sweating, I love to feel my muscles burn, I love to feel accomplished and stree-free (even if for a little while :001_smile:) I want to be able to accomplish things like triathalons and marathons. Anyways, I could not do low-carb working out the way I do, sometimes I even do two-a-days, i.e. today I went to the gym this morning ran a couple miles and did some good strength training and then when I got off work this evening I biked home (approx 4.5 miles) What I do just for fuel is have something 30min to an hour before working out like a Protein Bar or a 1/4c oatmeal. It really helps me get through my work outs. I have noticed that when I do not intake enough carbs I get dizzy and lightheaded and the worst ever, I even blacked out once in the shower right after the gym :crying: I knew after that I could not be afraid of carbs. And another thing, it's crazy I never watched carbs when I dieted before and was able to lose at the same rate I'm losing now, and even more so. Remember it's good carbohydrates and not the bad ones. It's not like you'll b eating a bunch of carbs and sitting on ur behind. It's for fuel :001_rolleyes: My weight loss doesn't get affected by adding in good carbs.

I have only just started I'd like to more but I find myself getting tired really quickly, but to expect I guess

I really don't know what to do about my diet, but I think something has to give.

I work out 7 days a week. I do it because I like it, because it relieves stress and I feel like it is helping with the weight loss.

Originally I was doing low carb/low sugar, but I am thinking I need some more carbs. I feel tired a lot. My muscles are so TIRED. I could hardly pick up my 5 year old this evening. (and that is something I have always been able to do easily)

I have no idea how to do this in a healthy way and to not add too many carbs. Since my relationship with my surgeon is in the shitter (Sorry, just the truth), I don't feel as though I can even go to the office anymore. I have already paid for nutritionist appointments. Maybe that is what I need to do-bite the bullet and go in and see the nut. I can't stand the staff at his office though. Ugh. I emailed one of the nuts tonight, but they don't even know me because they go through quite a few employees a month and I haven't seen any of the new ones. Ugh. I am so frustrated!

Good for you on your exercise! I'm like LanK, hate exercise just because. . I work around the yard alot, walk in the neighborhood, etc. . .but those are things i want to do, but go to the gym NO THANK YOU! :001_smile: i look pretty amazing though. . . anyhow i degress, are you taking your Vitamins? Especially the B12? I take the following Vitamins everyday (now I'm NOT telling you that you should do this, this is only advise from my doctor) I take 2 B12 sublingual, 2 Multivitamins, 2 Calcium, 1 Iron, and 1 Vitamin D weekly. I feel pretty darn good and not weak. . good luck

Do you mind telling us what happened with your surgeon? (You may have posted this in another thread but I haven't seen it.) I guess I"m just wondering what might happen to cause a problem with the surgeon...