Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

scroll down to the list of reasons to lose weight and add yours

keep those reasons coming. I've lost 8lbs. this last week on the pre-op diet but every time I have to down a protien drink my whole being shrieks "Is it worth it???" but when I remind myself of all the reasons motivating the effort in the first place I can answer myself with a resounding "YES!!!!!" it is sooooooooooo worth it! :clap2:

Rett

It is so worth it! I went to the store the other day for a shirt and brought an Xlg and and lg in the dressing room with me. The sales lady told me the lg was to big. I brought my first medium shirt in YEARS...It is so so worth it!

Try differen't protien drinks. They are all differen't. I love mine and have it every morning for Breakfast and sometimes for lunch.

My reason for losing weight is real simple. I want to enjoy life rather than let life pass me by. I have allowed my weight to side-line me from so many things over the years and I'm simply not going to live the rest of my life that way. When you have your health you may not have everything but you're certainly in the best position to go after what you want.

just thought of another reason.. I want to go boating and find that my XXXL life jacket not only snaps all the down, but is actually soooooooo big that I have to wear one of my childrens life jackets. YES!!:(

Rett

I'd love to see improvement in my high blood pressure, sleep apnea, and hopefully my asthma. I'd also love to put on a bathing suit (I have a pool in the yard that i havent been in for years) and just do all the things that my weight has prevented me from doing.

Elizabeth, do you mind if I just copy and paste what you said? Because that is exactly why I'm losing weight!

I want to be able to walk without breathing heavily, I want to not get diabetes or have a heart attack. I want to ride a bicycle, go white Water rafting, go horseback riding. I want to be around for as long as possible and be healthy!

I want to be able to get a hotel towel around me, buckle my seat belt without feeling squished, run around the park with my kids, and live long enough to see my grandchildren.

I'm agreeing with disneynut, I'm tired of thinking "Oh god, I'm the fattest person here!" no matter where I am. I want to be healthy and live long enough to watch my kids grow up. And I want to look good in a pair of jeans! :)

I'm tired of life passing me by.To be able to run again,try to regain a resembelance of the person I once was.For my family............

Elisabethsew says it all!

Aside from the obvious health reasons for me this also includes: running with my 10 year old around the yard; fitting in a booth at a:hungry: restaurant without it cutting into my stomach (and not having to ask for a table w/ chairs); feeling sexy:Banane20: about taking my clothes off in front of my husband with the lights ON; riding a bike again; doing a bathing suit in public:ip:; wearing sleeveless shirts (I haven't done this in 25 years!); dancing again; riding rides w/ my child at amusement parks and not worrying if I will fit in it and for my work. I work for USDA and am required to walk over all kinds of terrain. Needless to say, pre-op at 274.5 lbs, almost prevented me from doing my job.

On a more serious health note, my mother passed away 13 years ago at the age of 50 from a heart attack. I just turned 40. That's some serious motivation to become healthy as I probably am the poster child for inheriting heart disease (my dad has had 4 heart attacks and quadruple bypass surgery).

It's really pretty frightening when I stop and think about the road I was headed down prior to my surgery. I just think the Lord that I am 4 months post-op and down 40+ lbs. Now I'm like a kid at Xmas shopping for new activities that I can do with this weight loss success!!! How's that for a long answer to a short questioned post??? :)