Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We are finishing up our vacation and I had a little problem today. Last night we went out to eat and I ordered steak. I couldn't finish (of course) so I brought most of it home. For lunch, I heated it up and ate it. I ate WAY too fast. I was just trying to do too much at once and I wasn't thinking. :( I was sitting in our room and all of a sudden I was saying "Pain, pain, pain" and then I ran to the bathroom. I did vomit (or just kind of regurgitated the food) it right back up. The pain right before throwing it up was unbelievable. I was so scared I had done something to my tummy. Well, for the most part the rest of my day has been pretty normal. I was able to eat tonight with no issue. However, now I am having pain around my stomach area. Not unbearable, it just feels sore. Normal or no? Anyone had this? Again, it certainly is not awful pain, but it just kind of hurts. :( We head back home tomorrow and I have a 16 hour car ride in front of us. :(

BTW, I am 9 weeks out if that makes any difference. I am on pretty much any food. It was only steak that came up-I had not eaten anything I wasn't supposed to.

That sounds miserable : ( Did your surgeon give you a 24 hour nurse line to call? Or do you have one thru your health insurance?

Hopefully it is just soreness and nothing more serious. I would be interested to hear what you find out.

Feel better!

Just my personal experience with reheated/microwaved meat has been troublesome. When I have had something either not go down right, or not chewed it well, or swallowed too fast, and I had to do that weird creeper/vomit thing. Yes, my sleeve hurt afterwards and I was not able to eat anything solid for a few hours.

If you can call your surgeon's office, and see if there is anything that will help. I typically stick to super warm Soup and warm liquids when this happens for a few hours.

Be safe in your travels, and let us know what transpires.

Well, I know something about food, just can't address the physical sleeve issues.

When you cut a steak a lot of the juices leave the steak, even as it is sitting on your plate same thing is happening and you wind up with something pretty dry to bring home. If you reheat steak that has already been cooked to temperature the first time, you should steam it or reheat it slowly in a little beef gravy (making roast).

What happened to you is VERY scarey because of the pain you felt. I guess you met your sleeve today. I guess the advice to back off to really soft warm foods and see how it goes is good. Very scarey indeed. I know you are concerned, but hopefully 9 weeks was plenty of time for a good bit of healing. I've only thrown up twice since the hospital and it was actually so smooth with no pain. That steak must have hit your sleeve or esophagus all in the wrong position or so.