Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Morning Eating Problems

Ok guys, I have seen threads before where people said they have a hard time getting much down in the morning. I too have this problem, the bad part is, my tummy is hungry, it makes growling noises, I feel tired and faint, but no matter how much I try the thought of food makes me sick, I feel nauseous looking at it in the morning. I try to drink a yogurt, or have some milk or juice, but I can't even think about food in the morning. By lunch time I'm fine and by dinner I can eat any thing I want (more then I should) What the heck am I supposed to do for Breakfast? ? We don't eat lunch here until around 2:00 or 3:00 in the afternoon so I have to eat something in the morning.

How about a protien shake. They can fill you up and give you some added energy. I like them because, when I have a fill, I can get them down relatively quickly.

i tried that, but i literally mean...any type of food makes me wanna hurl in the morning, and it must be my band because i didn't use to be like this....*sigh* the only thing i can seem to stomach is tea, but that doesn't do much for the hunger pains...

they ship internationally? Wohh hooo...I'm gonna check that out, I could probably nibble on a breakfast bar or something....

crap...portugal isnt on their list of shipping countries...*sigh* ahh well...

Hey Kat, I almost have the very same experience with not wanting anything to eat in the morning, the thought of food makes me sick, and feeling a lil nausea until the afternoon. I also try to get down a small carb control yogurt, but I am pretty sick of Protein drinks. I found at the grocery store some Pepto Bismol tablets and I started taking them two days ago and I have no more nausea feeling in the morning. I still do not want to eat but at least I don't have that sick feeling to my stomach. By afternoon I am ready for a little something but my first fill seemed to have kicked in really good the 2nd week and my fill was on May 18, 2006. Try some of the Pepto Bismol and I guarantee you feel 100% better.:(

Ok guys, I have seen threads before where people said they have a hard time getting much down in the morning. I too have this problem, the bad part is, my tummy is hungry, it makes growling noises, I feel tired and faint, but no matter how much I try the thought of food makes me sick, I feel nauseous looking at it in the morning. I try to drink a yogurt, or have some milk or juice, but I can't even think about food in the morning. By lunch time I'm fine and by dinner I can eat any thing I want (more then I should) What the heck am I supposed to do for breakfast?? We don't eat lunch here until around 2:00 or 3:00 in the afternoon so I have to eat something in the morning.

Sometimes if you eat a lighter supper, then breakfast is a lot easier to eat.

humm...im gonna try that!

I couldn't make it without the Holy Shredded Wheat, enhanced version:

....1 handful spoon size shredded wheat & bran;

.... a few raisins....

.... 1 teaspoon Peanut Butter

.... a few pinches of sunflower seeds

.... a squirt of stevia

.... a bit of Ambrotase (Mannatech product)

.... a few oz. skim milk...

I think I can only get the shredded wheat, and milk here...maybe Peanut Butter but the fatting kind...what the heck is stevia????

I am going to buy some shredded wheat though, its not sweet and sweet stuff seems to make me worse......see how that works out...i was going to try some scrambled eggs, but DonnaB scared me away from those!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">My band is tighter in the morning too. It helps to have a small cup of hot tea or some kind of hot liquid to help it relax. Usually after a few sips, I can then slowly drink a Protein Shake or have cream of wheat. I'm able to tolerate eating better as the day goes by.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hey Kat - I hear you! I am out of the house by 6:30 am and cannot eat anything that early. I have coffee. I eat breakfast at 10am but my problem is not wanting to eat anything....it's that I'm having a hard time getting breakfast foods down.

I can do thinned cream of wheat, no oatmeal (can't seem to thin it out enough). I like Kashi Cereal but haven't tried that yet. I tried corn flakes yesterday and was watching my son do something, ate them as if I didn't have a band - holy crap - I thought I was going to hurl. I started sliming, could feel my body producing quite a bit, pain in my chest, finally after about 3 minutes the Cereal went down! I've never pb'd or slimed, but now....I can say I have!!

Good luck to you - I hope you find what works :)