Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling a Little Discouraged!!!!!

Hello Everyone,

I have posted in a while, but lately, I've been feeling a little discouraged. I was leeved on 8/27/09, and as of right now I have only lost about 84lbs. I feel as though I should've lost more by now!!! I dont what to to do! I am a full time nursing student and I work as well, so I'm always on the go, but seldom have time for "organized/planned" exercise! Some days I find it hard to get all my Protein in as well, I guess I need more on the go options that can be prepared ahead of time. I have also stalled for the last month, it's all just sooooo upsetting:sad0:! Did I mention that I'm also getting married this summer ( something else that keeps me busy and takes up my time)??? Has anyone else experienced a slow weightloss ot long stall??????? I need help and suggestions.....Thanx

Dandimples, when I read that you've lost 84 pounds in less than 7 months, I want to go "DAMN, GIRL! You GO!!! You're doing great!!!"

Seriously... in what universe in that "a slow weight loss?"

Sounds to me like you are totally rocking your sleeve. If you are continuing to do what you've done all this time, the weight loss WILL resume. I know it's hard, but from everything I've read (I was just sleeved four days ago so I don't have first-hand experience yet), the best advice for you is "keep doing what you've been doing, and try not to stress out!"

I agree with MLK, you've done fabulous in less than 7 months. People stall out for various reasons. Are you tracking your calories, Protein, carbs? If not, try that, if you are, try adding more Protein from food sources like beef/turkey Jerky, Pork rinds, cheese, adding a 100 calories a day sometimes can jump start the loss again. Increasing water/clear fluids help as well.

Your body may just be holding on right now trying to figure out what you're going to throw at it next. Just stay on program, and stay positive. Don't stress yourself out because that won't help at this point.

You've done incredibly well with the weight loss. Just to give you some perspective...you were sleeved 3 weeks after me and have lost 6 more pounds than I have since the day of my surgery (and I've done a pretty solid exercise routine since 1 month post-op) and both my primary care doctor and my surgeon feel I've lost very quickly so YOU MUST BE DOING AWESOME!!! Congratulations on your loss so far! I'd definitely look into some of the on the go Protein options Tiff mentioned. Good luck!

UH YEAAAAHHHHH you are being too hard on yourself. 84 lbs in any period of time is SO WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! I am just so happy for you!!! Aren't you happy for you?

What changes have you seen in 84 lbs? How many clothes sizes? How much are you dreading bathing suit weather as compared to last June?????

I think you are great.

Hello Everyone,

I have posted in a while, but lately, I've been feeling a little discouraged. I was leeved on 8/27/09, and as of right now I have only lost about 84lbs. I feel as though I should've lost more by now!!! I dont what to to do! I am a full time nursing student and I work as well, so I'm always on the go, but seldom have time for "organized/planned" exercise! Some days I find it hard to get all my Protein in as well, I guess I need more on the go options that can be prepared ahead of time. I have also stalled for the last month, it's all just sooooo upsetting:sad0:! Did I mention that I'm also getting married this summer ( something else that keeps me busy and takes up my time)??? Has anyone else experienced a slow weightloss ot long stall??????? I need help and suggestions.....Thanx

OMG - If I can lose 84 lbs in the length of time you have, I'll be estatic!! You have done marvelous!!! How much do you need to lose to be at goal? You are being hard on yourself, without a doubt!!!