Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When I had a tumor in my colon removed 6 years ago, I remember reading a passage in the Bible in the Book of James, my sister urged me to read it. It said: For God does not give me a spirit of fear, but of faith, joy and sound mind. Fear therefore is not of God.

Keep a positive attitude, God takes us to the things he wants for us, and you are in good hands. Walk in faith and confidence!

Jen:smile1:

I just wanted to chime in and say you're doing what you need to, to keep yourself here on Earth for your children... you will make it through, I know it! Best to you on Monday! Scared is normal, and so is excited. Here's to your sleeve! :)

Ladies,

Please trust your decision. Know that you will be so happy post-op. I am three weeks out and wearing clothing that I haven't worn in 3 or 4 years. I move more easily. I'm so much happier. The obsession with food has passed. I am not hungry between meals. I drink tea and Water as I did before surgery. My visit to my surgeon yesterday was perfect. He removed my label of Morbidly Obese.

Have trust in your surgeon. The greatest odds are that you will survive the surgery and flourish and your children will be so much the happier for it. If you do not trust your surgeon, find someone that you do trust. In the week before my surgery I had only calm and delight at the upcoming event because I trusted that I was in the best possible hands and that my surgeon would not let anything happen to me.

Find your peace and hold onto it. Visualize yourself as you would like to see yourself in a month. Down on the floor playing happily with your children perhaps? I am happy to take any PM's if you would like to give over your fears. I will hold them until after your surgery and return them to you afterwards if you want them back.

My mantra preop was "everything always works out for me... everything always works out for me". Visualize the best possible outcome and keep it close to you.

Lee your attitude is so healthy and beautiful. I am happy you are part of this forum and message board. I have alway been fearful of thinking positive...fear that if I felt/thought positive the opposite will happen. I am now trying to understand just where my thinking in such a way originated from. I have read that what we think and/or say about ourselves will manifest. I get so confused I don't know what to believe.