Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many carbs are you eating per day

You might be making healthy choices Faith...but not necessarily low carb choices. Technically, fruit is a healthy choice. However, it's not low carb. We have to balance our good choices with common sense. I personally don't care if my carb count is high on the day I had Beans of any sort. I know that Beans are a great source of Fiber, Vitamins and Protein so I "forgive" the extra carbs. I do the same thing with the occasional serving of fruit. I try to pick fruit that is lower glycemic load, like strawberries, canteloupe etc. but I don't obsess about it. I don't throw a banana in a blender everyday with my Protein shake on the mistaken impression that it will be a great choice! Also, I have fruit about 2-3 times a week, not multiple times a day.

Remember, all things in moderation. Avoid like the plague "WHITE" carbs such as white sugar, flour, rice, bread, potato, and anything highly processed. If you have carbohydrates, have them processed the least possible. In other words, eating an apple is better than eating applesauce. Eating Applesauce is better than drinking apple juice......Make your body do the work of processing!

I try to use Water in my Protein drinks but they just taste gross. It's hard enough trying to chug down Protein but to make them with Water is toooo hard for me. But I will try the low carb soy milk and see how that works. And definitely switching to Greek yogurt. Thanks for the suggestions.

I have spent A LOT of money trying to find a liquid Protein source that I can tolerate. :welcome: I put several posts out here about my terrible gag reflux when drinking almost any Protein Drink.

I finally found powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Flavored Soup. 90 calories, 1g carb, and 21g of protein. It mixes with water so you don't have the added calories and carbs that you do with milk. Some people say that it's a little salty, but I haven't had that experience. You can buy it on Amazon or directly through the company. Through the company, you can purchase sample packs before investing in a whole container. You can also go on a scheduled shipping list & save 15% (you can call in your order to get that discount on your first delivery).

Tracy- you are so right! You really put that out there nicely. I totally can see your take on it. And before now I use to think the same way about not worrying about eating good carbs but ever since reading how evil they are I just tried to eliminate them as much as possible. But thanks again for your POV

Thanks for the suggestions folks. My favorite thing to eat is vanilla or Honey OIKOS greek yogurt. And that comes with a whooping 18 carbs a day. It will SERIOUSLY pain me to cut this back. Maybe I will need to half it or something. Are there any yogurts that have less carbs?

Also, when you work out- do you all still keep your carbs as low?

I must admit, I thought this surgery would be a break from 'counting', so I am a little disappointed. But I guess I have to suck it up.

I'm trying to find stuff I like before surgery and had found a great smoothie using the vanilla Greek yogurt, some fruit, unflavored Protein powder, cocoanut flavoring and pineapple.....someone here asked about the carbs in the yogurt and suggested the plain, so I've tried it and added a Truvia and some vanilla....it's worked just fine. I think I'll be able to use it different ways by itself as well with flavorings and fruit....and now some other suggestions here I'll jot down too! Good luck!! I'm learning a lot about carbs. I had no idea. I go to my seminar next month; surgery in June. So much to take in and retain!! :thumbup: