Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

help find a vsg surgeon in Indiana!

Please help me, I am trying to find a dr. in Indiana that performs the VSG, I'm in southern Indiana, but I'm willing to travel-insurance says the surgery has to stay in Indiana. If you have any info PLEASE let me know. thank you, Kelly

Although I'm from Indiana originally, I haven't lived there in 13 years and don't know about any bariatric surgeons in Indiana. You might try calling the Medical Board and asking for a referral, or checking with doctor's in your area and ask who they would recommend. I know when I was in Indy recently there were lots of commericals for the lapband - I am sure some of those surgeons must also perform the Sleeve.

Good luck in your search.

vegasangel, I found one in Carmel Indiana- Dr. Inman shes in a center of excellence too! I just havent found too much on her with the sleeve in particular. My first consult/psych is next week. do you know where i can find medical board number, i tried to google it but cant seem to find it. thanks for your info.

Welcome determined! I am from Evansville but had my sleeve surgery in Mx in Dec. My bmi was too low and my insurance would not cover the sleeve now. I didn't want all the hassle of prepsych, weight loss and extensive out of pocket pre-ops tests that the local bariatric surgeon wanted. (I don't live in Evansville now). There is a site here that you can go to for evaluating your surgeon to help you decide if your surgeon is right for you. Center for excellence sounds great and they probably have a lot of follow-up care that isn't provided with a Mx surgeon, other than prompt emails with concerns. Good luck on your journey and please post any questions you have here, everyone is so open and helpful, I could not have done this without them.

thank you itstime, if this doesnt pan out, I'll be looking into mx. I love this site! Thanks again.

vegasangel, I found one in Carmel Indiana- Dr. Inman shes in a center of excellence too! I just havent found too much on her with the sleeve in particular. My first consult/psych is next week. do you know where i can find medical board number, i tried to google it but cant seem to find it. thanks for your info.

Here is a link where you can put in your doctor's name and it will give you information on them, including if there have been any actions take against them. I will try and find more information that may help you, too, and let you know.

https://extranet.in.gov/WebLookup/Search.aspx

St. Francis is a good hospital - both my sons were born there. It's been around for a very long time!

Edited by VegasAngel
forgot link!

I am going to Clarian Bariatric Center in Indy but I see Mattar, which Dr. Inman is a part of. From what I can tell I think all those surgeons would be fine..part of it is who gives you the best fit personally. You are always going to find someone who really dislikes a surgeon while someone else loves that same surgeon...Good luck..

I am doing my surgery through Team Bariatrics through Goshen Hospital...it is an awesome place. It is a separate building site setup just for weight loss related issues. They have a gym, nutritionalist, and a whole team of doctors to chose from and help you outbiggrin.gif ps that is in Goshen, Indiana...it is pretty north about 30 minutes from Notre Dame University or the border of MI.