Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi guys, so i had my fill last wed. and i typically weigh myself once a week, and i weighed myself this last week and i haven't lost anything. i'm kinda bummed out, is it because i don't have enough restriction? i've been working out consctenly (sp), and doing my best to get in my Protein and veggies. I have found myself pb'ing if i don't chew my food enough.

So i don't know i'm thinking about switchign up my food and trying to exercise even more than what i'm doing, do you think i should get another fill? or should i wait another week and weigh myself and see from there? i know a lot of you say it takes a couple times before you get to your sweet spot, i feel like i'm eating much less but still, too much , you know?

any tips? should i try focusing on more solid foods? i like to have oat bran hot Cereal for Breakfast...and yougurt, should i maybe not have mushies?

Your first fill, right? a lot of doctors don't try to max out the restriction, because a lot of patients get swollen and can't even swallow Water. So, don't panic if your first fill doesn't "take you there."

Then, (and I get slammed every time I say this, but I won't stop) a lot of the "weight" that people THINK they have "lost forever" in the first few weeks post-op is nothing more than post-op dehydration. And then when they don't "lose" more or if they "gain," they panic. It was never lost and it wasn't regained...it was temporarily lowered due to dehydration and it later was recovered.

If you lost a lot of weight in the immediate post-op time, you may have been dehydrated. Now you can get in more fluids and so you have "regained" that "weight" at the same time you have been losing fat due to decreased food consumption. That may show up as a zero on the scale, and it's perfectly normal.

AND, you are exercising and turning some lightweight fat into heavyweight muscle. WLS or not, most people who start exercising show a small weight gain at first, because of the fat-to-muscle thing AND because your body tends to "retain fluids" to "pad" the joints that have recently been stressed by the exercise.

I think...you should go by how your clothes fit and not the scale right now...and that there is not enough Protein in most cereals to make it a great choice for your limited stomach space...and that my doctors said that yogurt was simply a high calorie drink.

Good luck,

Sue

thank you,....i will definately keep all that in mind, i'm just waiting for my clothes to get looser! well i guess i should get rid of the yogurt and find more filling foods for my Breakfast

Sue is correct, I lost a ton of Water weight pre and post-op and then maintained my weight. I just received my first fill yesterday (1 cc in a 4 cc band) and the surgeon specifically told me that it might take 1-2 weeks before the restriction kicks in. You've only been filled a week and have experienced PBs so it sounds like you should sit tight for another few weeks.

For me, yogurt can be a good breakfast, because it fills me up for a long time, but if you find that you are hunger a couple of hours later, it might not be a good breakfast for you.

Other than that, I agree with everything that Sue said, lol. My dad tells me that when you start working out, you should give it 6 to 12 WEEKS for things to settle in and get moving the way you want it too. I didn't like that. I want to see results NOW!! Anyway, keep it up, and if you find yourself hungrier than you think you should be, check in for another fill. :cake: