Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Someone ask me how my Spin class was...

CHILDBIRTH was sooooo much easier. And they gave me drugs too !!!!!

Ok, I started out with 15 mins on the treadmill, at a really easy nice walk.

Then the spin class started. It was a new instructor, his very first class.

After having done jazzercise for over a year, I knew getting back into the swing of daily workouts would what it is... hard work.

The seat hurt. Ok, the seat didn't feel a thing - I hurt. My butt hurt. I hurt where I do not think I am supposed to hurt. :):D;)

I came home, thinking I was going to cancel the membership. I will only use the treadmill, and for less money, I can buy a new treadmill.

My 13 yr old son went with me, and he loved it.

He says he will keep going and do the class with me.

My son: He is 13, and looks like he is 16. He truely could be a post boy for Ambercrumbie etc.... He wants to be ripped, and fit. He has wanted a weight set for years, and we have not given into him as he is too young and could hurt himself.

By going together, I can keep an eye on him.

And honestly, his being on the bike beside me kept me from getting off the bike and quiting during the class.

I did a solid ride, for 1 hour.

I got up this morning and stepped on the scale expecting the same 226 - hoping for 225.

:clap2: I LOST 3 POUNDS!!! :clap2:

At this rate I can up my calories guilt free and still loose weight right?

AND - on another note - My doctor agreed to move my 2nd fill up from June 8th to next Tues/Wed !!!

Sign me out as >> Melanie - down 22 pounds since surgery !!!!!!

Awesome! You sound SO much better then before! Congrats on making it through the spinning class. I've heard they're tough! Just think.. each time is easier, right???

Congratulations MelAnne.

I'm so glad to hear that you are doing so much better. I felt bad that you were so down about the band after only 3 weeks. I haven't even been to the gym yet, but it sounds like you are on the right track. It's nice that you will have someone going with you to keep you from quitting. You can show your son that this is hard work but when you keep going, you'll both be winners in the end!!! Keep up the good work!!!!

Great job!!! With the bike seat, you just have to get your bike butt in shape. It does become more comfortable with time (though I don't know how that happens...)

And yes! You should up your calories for your body to work on losing the weight. You probably burned at least 600-700 calories if you were just pedaling normal. If you pedal fast, then it goes much higher! Add the treadmill, and you are doing GREAT!!!

Stick with it MelAnne, you really get fitter so much more quickly and Spinning is a great way of getting in some really intense aerobic exercise for the overweight, without much risk of injury. You couldnt work out with that much intensity in a fully weightbearing exercise like you can on a bike.

But the sore bum, oh yeah, those seats are HARD

Think of how great it is to encourage kids to enjoy activity like this too! I love to take my 10 year old on a short run with me.