Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Planning ahead ?anyone Dr. Aceves Mar 12?

I am planning on traveling alone. Made tentative date March 12 (Friday)

D.

Hi There,

I was really trying to push it in as soon as possible but when reality hit me and my purse in the face:tongue_smilie:, I realized I probably wont be seeing him until around March. Since I work at a college I figured that Spring Break would be good.

I was thinking more a long the lines of having surgery on that Saturday the 13th. SO I will probably be there with you and I am also traveling alone.

Thanks,

Rene

Hello,

I havent gotten financed yet, but I am hoping to in feb and see if I can get surgery in March. I will also be traveling alone. Maybe I will run into one of you! Im applying for my passport next wk. Have ya'll gotten yours?

Passports come faster than they say they will. I got mine pretty quickly. I think it was less than 3 weeks.

Hello All...

I will be with Dr. Aceves on March 12 with the surgery scheduled for March 13. I cannot tell you all how many emotions I have. (smile). Please email me at Brenda0600@aol.com as I would love to have a partner as well while there. I am in Albany, GA (3 hours from Atlanta). I will be traveling from Atlanta to San Diego. Thanks to everyone on this site for the support and awesome information!!!:thumbup1::thumbup:

Aww man. I was banking on the 13th of March also. I just found out that Dr. Aceves had blocked the date to speak at a conference. Maybe he will only do a certain amount on that day. Anyway, I settled for Monday. So I'll be there Sunday for my pre-op tests and getting sleeved on Monday. I'll probably miss all of you; but look forward to it.

I was wondering what you all are going to b paying in march. Nina sent me an email that its cheaper if I do it in Feb. $8750. Is this the same price you all have in march? Thanks, you can email me if you want KRYSTL166@GMAIL. Just make sure you put gastric sleeve in the subject line.Thanks!!

great!!! you'll have no problems at all, Dr. Aceves and his staff are great and they'll be there to assist you anytime. please keep us posted.

are you on your pre-op diet?

I will be scheduling my appointment tomorrow and I am hoping for the 12th, possibly the 13th.

How many sleeves does he do a day? :smile:

Would be great to have some buddies to meet while I am there. I am going alone too! SO NERVOUS!

CAMom,

Let me know what date you have, who is your coordinator? I have e-mailed Renee 2x and she has not replied??? I have some questions. Are you driving to Mexico? I fly into SD on the 11th. I too am nervous but feel confident I am making the right decision for me. (I KNOW I will have some "buyer's remorse" but since I anticipate this I will be better able to deal with it) Looking at this forum has really helped me. Knowing others have done this before me and are at goal AND holding (my #1 reason to do this) I have lost weight sooooo many times only to regain it. This truly the last stop for me as I would NO WAY consider a RNY. Keep in touch (you can PM me..)

D.

My coordinator is Nina. If you want her email, it is aaceves@hotmail.com Maybe they all use the same one?

There was no available appointments for the 12th so it looks like I will be scheduled for either the 5th or the 19th. I'd really like to find a buddy to be there with so I haven't picked my date just yet. Probably the 5th though.

I live in Southern California so I will be driving to San Diego. I just need to make sure I will be able to drive back home on Monday. 5 days in mexico!!! omg!

We have all the same reasoning. Everyone I have told about this just says I don't need it. I hold my weight well but I still have a BMI of 34-36 depending on the scale. No matter what I do I just can't move the scale the last few years so I KNOW this is the answer! I am sure I will regret it afterwards like you with all this nervousness and bad supporters... but we need to think long term. We have already done the research! WE KNOW this is the answer and this will aid our weight loss. I am just so excited!

I'll ask if they have any appointments closer to the 12th. I would love to have a buddy to talk to while there and walk the halls with!!!

KRYSTL166 - make sure to get going on the passport. just in case! I had a little panic attack yesterday when I couldn't find mine. FINALLY found it and whew! what a relief. lol Good luck getting financed! Once you get an $$$ approval they can fit you in quickly so you'll be sleeved before you know it!

bonafidediva - I have emailed and asked for a surgery date of the 11th or the 13th. I might see you there!

katldy - Since you have to stay there til the 11th, I might be arriving as your leaving. I've asked for a surgery date on either the 11th or the 13th (12th was booked). Good surgery thoughts your way!!!

Stuck - I'm not driving to Mexicali. Just to San Diego and will be picked up by their transport. I'm too scared to go there alone. HAHA I've never been to Mexico even though I live so close.

Hi CAMom,

Please let me know what surgery date you get becasue I would really like to have a walking buddy as well. My husband is traveling with me since I am coming from KY but it would sure be nice to have someone there that can understand what I am going through.

Tonya

I'm tentatively scheduled for Dr. Aceves on March 19. I just have an appointment with a local surgeon this afternoon so I can say I've done it, if you know what I mean. I'll be very very surprised if I change my mind, though. I'm 99% sure I'll be in Mexicali getting sleeved on March 19!