Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i want the sleeve soooo bad

Hi, my name is Jeani, i have had a weight problem my whole life. Maybe not as bad as some people but it's still a MAJOR problem. Now on top of the weight, i have some health issues and i'm not getting any younger. I've been doing lots of research and i had never heard of the sleeve but now i believe it is the only way i want to go. My doctor does do them, but i get the feeling he prefers bypass. I need to take anti inflamatory pain meds and have been told you can still take them with the sleeve, not with bypass. I'm confused, i'm nervous, i'm not sure if my HMO will approve it. Does anyone know if anthem blue cross is approving the sleeve in 2010? I had my first consultation, did the pscych eval and passed that, had my first support group. Now i guess it's a waiting game to see if the insurance will approve. I've never done a chat room before and it's been really great being able to watch people's videos on you tube i've learned so much. Sometimes tho, the info you get just ends up confusing you so i'm a little stressed. Thanks for being there:001_unsure:

Edited by sleevegenie
spelling

Hi Jeani, and welcome to VST.

The sleeve is a great tool, and I hope you get approval from your insurance.

It's true that you can take NSAIDs with the sleeve because it's a full-functioning stomach, just smaller. No pouch for the NSAIDs to irritate.

I take Alleve a couple of times a week for pains and aches.

Good luck on your journey, and keep us posted.

Thank you so much for welcoming me, this is a new experience for me and it's really cool. I'm a little bummed i saw that somoeone with Anthem Blue Cross was denied yesterday for the sleeve because it is investigational?? Has anyone out there been approved for the sleeve with Anthem HMO?? is there a secret or some insight that would help. I would love to hear it. It's so great that this is available. I live alone and its nice not to feel so alone in this journey, I have a daughter and she is very supportive but thinks i am making too big of a deal about all this, that i am worrying too much, but it's kinda hard not to. Anyway i don't feel so alone because of all of you sharing your stories. Thanks good luck and God Bless all of us:001_unsure:

Welcome Jeani! I just want to wish you luck on your journey. Not sure about the insurance process, but you can call and talk with a representative and ask them to send you a hard copy of their pages regarding wls.

do you already have a surgeon in mind?

i was sleeved with Dr. Aceves in Mexicali and it was great.

if you need any information please feel free to ask.

goodluck

i can't offer any advice but i want to say welcome and you will LOVE the sleeve and the ladies on here are great when it time to clear any misleading info! and support!!!

xoxo

nikki

Yes, I have a surgeon, Dr Quilici who works our of Cedar Sinai and St. Joseph's in Burbank. I had consult, group meeting, passed psych eval, now waiting for his office to submit the request to Anthem Blue Cross. I have medical issues and I really need help. I am praying that they will approve me. Not sure how long it will take to get an answer. I'm so glad you guys are there, i don't feel so all alone in this and it hleps, thanks :smile:)